Continued Drooping/Wilted/Clawing Leaves

Reaction score
Problem: Drooping leaves for couple weeks.

Medium/grow method: Fox Farm OF/Pumice 75/25. Using Autopots with Airdomes, Hydroton

Feed: and supplements used: Water 6.5ph, Power SI 1.5ml p/g..... Top water weekly 6.5ph and add Recharge 1/4tsp p/g and Power SI 1.5ml p/g

Water source: Filtered Tap 170 Ppm

Strain/age: HomeGrown Cannabis Co, Dee Lite 5/15/21 Approx. 49days

Light used: Mars Hydro FCE 4800 dimmed to 75% (300) watts, set at 18”, Light cycle 20/4

Climate: 77-83F /60RH, Leaf Surface temp 82

Additional info: Have another strain in the exact setup that is flowering and have started feeding that plant.

I have monitored at different times and see the same activity several hours before and several hours after lights on/off. I thought at first and maybe still a concern that it is underwatered. So I shut the water flow off to it, made sure I drained the water in the Auotpot base to ensure it got dried out somewhat. Then a day later I top watered with Recharge 1/4tsp p/g and Power SI 1.5ml p/g.

Attachments

• IMG_1659.JPG
    IMG_1659.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1660.jpg
    IMG_1660.jpg
    1,021.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1656.jpg
    IMG_1656.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1655.jpg
    IMG_1655.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 68
looks overwatered maybe

The plant looks overall hungry and is getting too much of something. I don't like 20/4 and think autos do better on 18/6. I think you are getting out of balance in that pot. Avery common problem with FFOF/FFHF.

The plant looks overall hungry and is getting too much of something. I don't like 20/4 and think autos do better on 18/6. I think you are getting out of balance in that pot. Avery common problem with FFOF/FFHF.

I’m not married to the 20/4 so might have to try 16/8 to see if it could help. Me knowing what I’m doing vs me thinking I’m knowing what I’m doing is out of balance, lol!!! It is definitely not happy I’ll just have to keep looking for a sign that is easy for me to read.

No experience w/autopots, but I have read about issues with top watering after plants are on the res.

No experience w/autopots, but I have read about issues with top watering after plants are on the res.
I have not seen that topic. I’ll have to dig around for info on that. I just assumed a good soak after a dry period could be nothing but good.

I have not seen that topic. I’ll have to dig around for info on that. I just assumed a good soak after a dry period could be nothing but good.
I have nothing to back that up other than a post from @terp182 in his lessons learned. This is the reference from his Grow.

Not sure if that is an autopot or a MC issue.

Good luck.

"This second crop blew away my expectations, having ended my first grow with a 7 oz return between 3 plants. My intent with this grow was to learn from the first and focus on plant health, which I did. Zero flushes this run, compared to 3 separate flushes the first run. While the grow wasn't perfect, it was a huge improvement. Lessons learned are below.

Lessons Learned:
1. Don't ever top water once the Megacrop and autopots are turned on. I believe this is what lead to the large Sweet n Smelly and 50 Shades of Grape to get so stressed - some indeterminate lockout caused by salts getting half-washed into the bottom of the pot. I top watered with Recharge around day 30 or so. While the other plants handled this misstep fine, the one pot with the Sns/50SOG showed yellowing top leaves for the remainder of the grow.
2. Once lights and feed/water are optimized, VPD is the next most important variable. VPD focus will remain my primary consideration in future autopot grows. Super important if all the other variables are lined up. The humidifier and dehumidifier purchases are well worth it for autopot systems.
3. RH management in late veg and early bloom was an issue, and defoliating for light/air movement/RH didn't seem to have a huge negative impact on the production.
4. 4 autopots in a 4x4 can be PLENTY! This may be the best possible soil-based method to maximize returns for medical patients.
5. I will always from this point on be tending a canna-bonsai. I'm shocked how much I enjoyed taking care of that little plant."

That was one of my initial thoughts, and why I wanted to try a top water after it dried out but seemed to not have any impact….???
The effects of overwatering take some time to remedy themselves once the proper moisture levels are attained... Im not a huge fan of autopots.. but alot of guys swear by them.. A plant that size can get root bound in a pot that size and will leave the roots sitting in water possibly depending on how you did your soil!
Hope you get it figured out...
GL

Back