Status
Not open for further replies.
Nooooooooooooooooooo...I make my own.....:chef:...I just thought I was going to see how an authentic chinese one was made....:biggrin:

Yeah..me too...China town newcastle....super market...then dim sun trail.
And..Yeah.......the beef manifold caught my eye too....

Oh....wonton soup mix............agghhh....I could just eat it.................:glutton:

:crying:

Hmm...that didn't post yesterday then...:pass:

I wasn't @Vapo69 ..but I am now..if you still want me tag me coz I'm working....:headbang:

Remove your cloak of invisibility...or I'll not See you....

latest
Top marks for making your own sauce, I knew you would!:headbang::vibe:

What's all this about wontons?? I do like a good wonton woman from time to time to keep me on my toes (or on my back if that's how she likes it, ride 'em cowgirl yeeehaw )!:crying:

But seriously wonton soup is the bomb but crispy wonton OMG I love em even more with sweet chilli dipping sauce but I can only have them as a treat once in a while.
Speaking of chillies how did your plants fair this year?
I guess the wrappers are made from rice flour and that means you can eat them ....right?

Here is a recipe for Crispy mongolian Lamb
You don't have to serve with noodles and instead you can wrap in baby gem and a few strips of cucumber and spring onion. You can also have a bit of hoisin or sweet chilli sauce to finish the wraps.
I guess if you wanted to do noodle, rice noodles would be an option for you, you could also be traditional and use rice wrappers like you would with crispy duck.
About a year ago I mentioned to you I was sitting down to some crispy lamb and you sounded like you would have liked some, so this is why i am sending you this recipe.

1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put the lamb in a casserole dish with a lid. Add remaining ingredients plus enough water to just cover. Cook with the lid on for 3 hrs until the meat is tender and the bones pull out easily. Allow to cool still covered in the cooking liquid with the lid on. You can do this 1-2 days in advance and let the lamb cool completely in the fridge. This will make the next step easier.

2. When cold, lift the lamb out of the liquid and transfer to a baking tray. Skim fat from the sauce. Reserve half the sauce for the rice noodles and bubble the rest, still in the pan, until thick and syrupy. Pour into a small serving bowl. Heat grill to medium and grill lamb until crisp and hot through, but not too dark.

3. Shred the lamb, discarding most of the fat and all the bones, but keep the nice, crisp skin. You can cut the skin off first and leave it in a hot oven while you shred the rest of the meat. To serve, take everything to the table and eat the lamb rolled up in the lettuce leaves with the cucumber, spring onions and sauce, plus the noodles on the side.

12/12 This is advice for photoperiod growers! You can use this lighting with autos if you want but why would you, when autos are not dependant on a 12 hour dark period to flower? More hours of light mean more hours of photosynthesis!
A lot of people go for 18 on 6 off or 20 on 4 off:18-6::20-4:
As some people like to give their plants a rest with a dark period.
In the hot summer months where we struggle with high cab/tent temps a dark period through the hottest part of the day helps keep things cool.

I personally use 24 / 7 / 365 but that suits my grow style which benefits stable day and night temps but to be honest that is mainly for start of flowering to reduce stretch.
24hrs on means I don't have to worry about timers, there are no fluctuations with my electrical usage, temps remain stable, I don't have any issues with condensation and I get good yields.
Having the lights on for 24 hrs a day means I use a bit more electric but with LEDs being more energy efficient than the HID lights I used in the past, I don't really worry and the electric costs have all been worked out prior to the grow, so I know exactly how much each grow costs.

You could ask marshydro tina what here thoughts are with how many hours a day Mars Hydro lights are rated for. Some LED light manufacturers say their lights should only be on for a certain numbers of hours a day.

I have never owned a Mars Hydro LED so I can offer no advice on how long they can be used per day.

LED's I have used 24 hrs a day are E-shine DS300's , Vipar LED B2x3, Northern grow lights 300W DIY 4 x CBX3590 COB Kit , 1 x CBX3590 DIY COB and SANlight S4W Osram Light bars.
All these LED's were quite happy with 24 hr usage and crops were all good.

Your gonna get different advice from different people because we all have our chosen way, is one way better than the others? It is hard to tell, sometime it is just a matter of feeling your way through and making a personal decision and plumping for a light schedule that suits you.
I have seen grows using all the above lighting regimes and they have all grown excellent weed.

I have been doing 24/7 on my grows for over a yr.+, and i find that my growing time is cut by 14 to 10 days.
4 hr. x 30 = 120 hrs per mo, or 28 hrs week.
28 x 11= 308 hrs.
my grows go 10 to 11 weeks.
This works for me. like @arty zan said " we have our chosen way"..
take a little from here and a little from their. and you have your way.
my led is GoGrow and I use a 400 watt HPS also.
@Pops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back