New Grower Danielsaaan’s Mephisto Sour Stomper

Were the pots light? Was the top of the soil dry to the touch? Use those factors to determine when to water again.

Just guessing but by the age of those plants they will handle it fine. My earthbox jr’s will be drinking a gallon Rez dry in 24hr by day 40. I’m at day 44 and they have been drinking heavy for about week now and will continue.
The pots were lighter than they typically are after watering, but not super light like a completely dried out pot would be — if that makes sense. Would there be any other reason for the leaves being that droopy? I last watered Monday afternoon, and I feel like my DLI being at 32.5 this late into the grow is a little on the low side - if anything?

A gallon a day?! How big are your Earth Boxes? Idk if I’ll be able to keep up with em if these things need a gallon of water each day! Lol

As always, thanks Dab!

The pots were lighter than they typically are after watering, but not super light like a completely dried out pot would be — if that makes sense. Would there be any other reason for the leaves being that droopy? I last watered Monday afternoon, and I feel like my DLI being at 32.5 this late into the grow is a little on the low side - if anything?

A gallon a day?! How big are your Earth Boxes? Idk if I’ll be able to keep up with em if these things need a gallon of water each day! Lol

As always, thanks Dab!

Umm yeah there’s lots of reasons why they could be droopy. Maybe I’m misunderstanding but sounds like they need more water. If they were lighter than normal after watering they must not have got enough and sounds like they were drier then normal.

Eb jr’s hold a cubic foot of media and gallon of water in the rez. I know when I used fabric pots when they were drinking heavy I would be watering everyday every other at most.

Umm yeah there’s lots of reasons why they could be droopy. Maybe I’m misunderstanding but sounds like they need more water. If they were lighter than normal after watering they must not have got enough and sounds like they were drier then normal.

Eb jr’s hold a cubic foot of media and gallon of water in the rez. I know when I used fabric pots when they were drinking heavy I would be watering everyday every other at most.
Welp, fingers crossed I didn’t/don’t kill them. Idk how I suck so badly at this

Welp, fingers crossed I didn’t/don’t kill them. Idk how I suck so badly at this

These plants are very Hardy they are not going to die and you’re not that bad. IMO just don’t over think the watering at this stage in the game you will be hard pressed to overwater them in grow bags. If any thing you need to make sure not to under water don’t worry about the plants just keep the soil happy and it will keep the plant happy

Were the pots light? Was the top of the soil dry to the touch? Use those factors to determine when to water again.

Just guessing but by the age of those plants they will handle it fine. My earthbox jr’s will be drinking a gallon Rez dry in 24hr by day 40. I’m at day 44 and they have been drinking heavy for about week now and will continue.
With his small pots, he needs to learn muscle memory of when the pots are full and when they are drying and needing water.

These plants are very Hardy they are not going to die and you’re not that bad. IMO just don’t over think the watering at this stage in the game you will be hard pressed to overwater them in grow bags. If any thing you need to make sure not to under water don’t worry about the plants just keep the soil happy and it will keep the plant happy
With those rain science bags, yes it is pretty difficult to over water.

If he would try to master the method that I posted on the first page, He would know when the pot is fully watered and when it needs watering. Just by picking the pot up. That is absolutely the easiest method to water your cannabis plants properly in that kind of a pot.

@Danielsaaan
Hey man, if you got any questions about that post, shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can explain it better.
Once you get the muscle memory of what that pot weighs when you have it fully watered, It's real easy to tell when it needs to be watered.
I use that method up to 15 gallon pots............... Anything above that I'll use a moisture probe and knocking on the side of the pot to determine when it needs to be watered.

If you're worried about the bottom of your pot getting over soaked In using a tray, not likely with rain science bags, just go to the pet store and buy some gravel for an aquarium and put a thin layer down in the bottom of the tray. Thin enough so it will still absorb water, but enough to lower your concerns.

It does make life a lot easier and there's no doubt that your girls are properly watered.

They aren’t looking good. I don’t have trays to bottom feed, but will look into that. Would love to get hand watering down. I have oscillating fans circulating air at the bottom of the tents - hopefully that helps a bit. Just going to wait til the top inch or so is dry to the touch and the pots are super light before next watering. Thanks guys

They aren’t looking good. I don’t have trays to bottom feed, but will look into that. Would love to get hand watering down. I have oscillating fans circulating air at the bottom of the tents - hopefully that helps a bit. Just going to wait til the top inch or so is dry to the touch and the pots are super light before next watering. Thanks guys

You can use the trays you have for runoff just take them off the stands and put them in trays. I am normally on the heavier side of watering and end up overwatering. I’m still learning too but what I’ve noticed as long as you’re not watering multiple times a day and/or large amounts like bill said it is very difficult to overwater. Especially with all the air movement you have with fans that will dry soil out pretty quick.

You can use the trays you have for runoff just take them off the stands and put them in trays. I am normally on the heavier side of watering and end up overwatering. I’m still learning too but what I’ve noticed as long as you’re not watering multiple times a day and/or large amounts like bill said it is very difficult to overwater. Especially with all the air movement you have with fans that will dry soil out pretty quick.
Was trying to follow the BaS recommendation of 5-10% soil volume each time I water. Do you think 2L for the 5 gallon pots is sufficient (when they actually need water)? I think I have my tent environment dialed in really well, so I’m fairly certain watering is my only problem.

Was trying to follow the BaS recommendation of 5-10% soil volume each time I water. Do you think 2L for the 5 gallon pots is sufficient (when they actually need water)? I think I have my tent environment dialed in really well, so I’m fairly certain watering is my only problem.

I don’t do it that way but I am no professional. When I was using grow bags I would water very very slowly over the coarse of a hour or more doing a liter at a time till I got runoff no more then 10% of what I put in and still do it very similar in earthboxes just try not to get any runoff but it happens

I don’t do it that way but I am no professional. When I was using grow bags I would water very very slowly over the coarse of a hour or more doing a liter at a time till I got runoff no more then 10% of what I put in and still do it very similar in earthboxes just try not to get any runoff but it happens
That’s pretty much how I’m doing it as well. Hopefully they work themselves out at this point. Thanks Dab

Back