New Grower Danielsaaan’s Mephisto Sour Stomper

Danielsaaan

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hey all,

It’s time to try again!

I’m growing 3x Mephisto Sour Stomper in 5 gallon Rainscience bags and 1x Mephisto Skywalker X Chem de La Crème in a 3 gallon Rainscience bag.

Here they are. First 3 are 5 days old today, the other one is barely 3 days (the smaller one):
Soaked pots with ~2L water 09/06 and soaked seeds for ~12 hrs, sewed 09/07. 3 sprouted on 09/12, and the smaller one on 09/14. Took a bit longer than normal. I planted a little deeper than normal because I was getting shells stuck to some of my sprouts, and read that I was likely planting too shallow.
They’re in CoM Stonington blend with a little CoM Sprout Island in the center for seedling stage. I’ll be using CoM amendments as well.
Temps: 77-80F, RH 65% (I know ideally it would be a touch higher, but this is as high as I can get it with exhaust fan running 24/7).
DLI: ~20
Pots still slightly heavier than dry, and when I stick a finger in up to my knuckle, it does still feel a bit moist. It’s been 10 days since original soak. I’ve been lightly spraying the topsoil once a day to keep moist.
Will likely have to water in a day or two. I’m thinking 5% pot volume away from the base of the stems (for the 5 gallons this would be 0.25 gallons or just about 1L). I read that you want to water 5-10% pot volume for living soil, and I’m thinking since they’re still so small to start on the low end of that? What are your thoughts?

Thanks for stopping!

IMG_2610.jpeg
IMG_2611.jpeg
IMG_2612.jpeg
IMG_2613.jpeg
IMG_2614.jpeg

Sour Stomper is a little frost monster! There's two phenos, green and purple. Both frosty with the green being bigger. A little N sensitive.............not a heavy feeder. My organic mix is never hot and I always get slight tip burns.
She'll have rock hard nugs no matter what training you do with her or leave her natural. She responds very well to topping. I'd suggest topping one and just opening up another and let it run natural.
She'll be fairly decent sized in the 5 gallon container, but she does tend to be a small plant.

With those rain science bags, you need to make sure you have a surfactant with every watering........ Organic or not. A real easy product to get a hold of and that works is RAW Yucca. I use a liquid product from BAS.

Within a reason, you don't have to worry too much about over watering with rain science bags. With some sort of surfactant, you'd be fine to water now. I would water directly around the plant, a sprayer is best. Spray a little on each one and give a little time to soak. Keep making watering rounds between your girls. I think you're good at a liter per girl at the moment.
With rain science bags, your little stands are really not needed. You're much better suited having them in little trays. once you start fully watering these girls.
My first round of watering is always a thorough watering, concentrating on the edges more................. The tops and the sides at the tops dry up the quickest in these bags. I do the same on the next round. And the third round is just overall even. I usually wait 10 to 15 minutes after the third round to let the water fully move through the media. Now your top is fully watered.
This is where the trays come in. For a 5gal RS bag, 500ml is a good amount to use. You want to pour that amount in all the trays and let the pot soak it up. That COM is great media and will soak it right up. Observe how quickly the water is taken up and how long it takes to do it. More than likely that first round will go very quickly. Usually less than 5 minutes. Once they've all soaked it up, do it again. You stop watering when the girls don't soak it up within 10 minutes. If you have water in the trays just dump it out.
Now this is where a key point comes in. You now have a fully watered pot. You pick the pot up and feel how heavy it is. You will use this muscle memory to determine when you have a fully watered pot before the point where you need to pour off the unused water. This will also give you a guide to when you need to water the girls again. After a few waterings, this muscle memory will solidify and make things real easy for you.

With the Sour Stompers in 5GALLON rain science bags, I doubt if you will get to the point where you need to water daily, but it will definitely be in every other day when she's at the highest water usage.

These girls in 3gal RS bags have already had their first full watering this past week. They should get another watering and feeding today. These are not organic girls. They are being fed Mega Crop In a very simple total 550 ppm(starting water ppm and with feed ppm) at every watering............ I'm mainly pheno hunting for seed making with these Auto Regs.
100_0877-jpg.1632139

If you use that 1000 milliliters, every three days, You might be able to fully water after the second application and for sure after the 3rd.

Hope this helps! You're gonna like what you got going!

Last edited:
Sour Stomper is a little frost monster! There's two phenos, green and purple. Both frosty with the green being bigger. A little N sensitive.............not a heavy feeder. My organic mix is never hot and I always get slight tip burns.
She'll have rock hard nugs no matter what training you do with her or leave her natural. She responds very well to topping. I'd suggest topping one and just opening up another and let it run natural.
She'll be fairly decent sized in the 5 gallon container, but she does tend to be a small plant.

With those rain science bags, you need to make sure you have a surfactant with every watering........ Organic or not. A real easy product to get a hold of and that works is RAW Yucca. I use a liquid product from BAS.

Within a reason, you don't have to worry too much about over watering with rain science bags. With some sort of surfactant, you'd be fine to water now. I would water directly around the plant, a sprayer is best. Spray a little on each one and give a little time to soak. Keep making watering rounds between your girls. I think you're good at a liter per girl at the moment.
With rain science bags, your little stands are really not needed. You're much better suited having them in little trays. once you start fully watering these girls.
My first round of watering is always a thorough watering, concentrating on the edges more................. The tops and the sides at the tops dry up the quickest in these bags. I do the same on the next round. And the third round is just overall even. I usually wait 10 to 15 minutes after the third round to let the water fully move through the media. Now your top is fully watered.
This is where the trays come in. For a 5gal RS bag, 500ml is a good amount to use. You want to pour that amount in all the trays and let the pot soak it up. That COM is great media and will soak it right up. Observe how quickly the water is taken up and how long it takes to do it. More than likely that first round will go very quickly. Usually less than 5 minutes. Once they've all soaked it up, do it again. You stop watering when the girls don't soak it up within 10 minutes. If you have water in the trays just dump it out.
Now this is where a key point comes in. You now have a fully watered pot. You pick the pot up and feel how heavy it is. You will use this muscle memory to determine when you have a fully watered pot before the point where you need to pour off the unused water. This will also give you a guide to when you need to water the girls again. After a few waterings, this muscle memory will solidify and make things real easy for you.

With the Sour Stompers in 5GALLON rain science bags, I doubt if you will get to the point where you need to water daily, but it will definitely be in every other day when she's at the highest water usage.

These girls in 3gal RS bags have already had their first full watering this past week. They should get another watering and feeding today. These are not organic girls. They are being fed Mega Crop In a very simple total 550 ppm(starting water ppm and with feed ppm) at every watering............ I'm mainly pheno hunting for seed making with these Auto Regs.
100_0877-jpg.1632139

If you use that 1000 milliliters, every three days, You might be able to fully water after the second application and for sure after the 3rd.

Hope this helps! You're gonna like what you got going!
Thank you for the detailed response!

Back