Indoor Dankerson Grows Mephisto, Night Owl, and Ronin Gardens w/ Grow Dots

Got the Tea Lab kit in the mail today and started my tea up this afternoon. They recommend using one bag of their soil amendment and one fish hydrosolulate as a base mix. Based on their laminated recipe that they give you I realized I only needed 1 cup of the mix with all my extra so I added a bit much. Oh well I guess. In addition to that I added in the beetle juice(mealworm castings), some composted manure, earth worm castings, some molasses, and i will add some five:two(humic acid/kelp extract) after it has brewed for 24-48 hours. Should be ready just in time for the plants next watering.
PXL_20220816_175725077.jpg
PXL_20220816_175745501.jpg

Filled it with water and started it up! I found a way to hang it from the hook on the bubbler to reduce noise. It's definitely a louder pump but not too bad.
PXL_20220816_182438527.jpg

Now we wait for the good stuff :woohoo1:

Quick question for anyone who makes teas, how long do they stay good for? Do I need to keep it bubbled? I should use it within a week or so but I really don't want to waste any if I can avoid it.

Last edited:
Idk how I missed this. Following!
How expensive are the Grow Dots? Did you buy them online or locally?
No worries man just started it up! Didn't miss it at all.

The grow dots aren't too expensive depending on what size you get. I got the medium bag for like 50-55 dollars shipped to my door, about the same price for a medium bag of recharge. I've now done 6 three gallon pots and 3 one gallon pots at around 20g and I'd say I have close to a half a bag left still. If I remember right I bought them from growers choice directly but I believe you can get it on Amazon as well. They just usually have good deals on GC website and I got a coupon plus free shipping.

Quick question for anyone who makes teas, how long do they stay good for? Do I need to keep it bubbled? I should use it within a week or so but I really don't want to waste any if I can avoid it.

It's recommended to use them after 24-72hrs of bubbling. The idea is to keep the good bacteria (aerobic) alive, so keeping it bubbling will aid that and keep the bad bacteria (anaerobic) away. If you do plan on using it after 72hrs, definitely keep it bubbling, but I've never went past 72hrs.

It's recommended to use them after 24-72hrs of bubbling. The idea is to keep the good bacteria (aerobic) alive, so keeping it bubbling will aid that and keep the bad bacteria (anaerobic) away. If you do plan on using it after 72hrs, definitely keep it bubbling, but I've never went past 72hrs.
Awesome, thank you for the information! Exactly what I needed, appreciate it. :d5:

Back