Day 17 of Blue Amnesia Auto, is she stunted

nory222

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hi again guys
hope you have a wonderful weekend

It is Day 17, she grows a little bit on her 2nd true leaves now both cotyledons are browning

But she hasn't grown any taller, she is only 2cm tall
I am hoping she is growing her root underneath.
I saw on other post that after the third set of leaves, she will grow crazy laterally

I water her every third day for about 75ml around the edges of the pot, bubbled tap water ph 6.3

pot size: 3 gallon
18/6 led light qbz 1000 watt pro + uv (65 watt on wall meter, 20 inch distance)
50% soil mix + perlite 30% + coco 20%
rh: 70-80%
temp: 28-32 C
tent 3x3

honestly, I'm still wondering if she is stunted and if there is any remedy for her

any advices will be appreciated
Screenshot_20220508-153916_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220508-153847_Gallery.jpg

Hi again guys
hope you have a wonderful weekend

It is Day 17, she grows a little bit on her 2nd true leaves now both cotyledons are browning

But she hasn't grown any taller, she is only 2cm tall
I am hoping she is growing her root underneath.
I saw on other post that after the third set of leaves, she will grow crazy laterally

I water her every third day for about 75ml around the edges of the pot, bubbled tap water ph 6.3

pot size: 3 gallon
18/6 led light qbz 1000 watt pro + uv (65 watt on wall meter, 20 inch distance)
50% soil mix + perlite 30% + coco 20%
rh: 70-80%
temp: 28-32 C
tent 3x3

honestly, I'm still wondering if she is stunted and if there is any remedy for her

any advices will be appreciated
View attachment 1456108View attachment 1456109
That pot looks very dry

Hello this girl is is day 14
FB day14.jpg

I think you have not watered your pot properly it looks to dry your girl is very stunted

It could be because I saturated the whole pot too much before I planted her

Is there any remedy for her?
Hello no you are better to cut your losses and start again as they are on a clock and you have lost a lot of growing time :thumbsup:

@nory222 :welcome:Welcome to AFN :welcome:.

You need to learn how to water. A cannabis tap root can grow 9 inches in three days. It will not grow into dry soil!

What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and the roots and microbes will die there. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. Slowly wet ALL of the soil until run-off begins. There is an art to watering.

:goodluck:

@nory222 :welcome:Welcome to AFN :welcome:.

You need to learn how to water. A cannabis tap root can grow 9 inches in three days. It will not grow into dry soil!

What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and the roots and microbes will die there. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. Slowly wet ALL of the soil until run-off begins. There is an art to watering.

:goodluck:
I will try superthrive and see how she goes

thanks for your reply

water the pot

Pull her. Start again. She will probably grow and produce bud, but she's way behind. Watering, as everyone else has said. Your pot looks dryer than the sahara and while babies don't need much water, they still need water. My routine is to water the pot til runoff prior to dropping bean then use a spray bottle usually twice a day to keep top of soil damp. All the water you put through the pot will stay trapped since your wetting the top. You shouldn't even water a pot until like 10-14 days. and even then it's a light watering. I don't water to runoff for 21-28 days, typically. And only once. After that I figure out how much water a particular pot can hold then water til it's just about to runoff then stop.

Back