Mephisto Genetics db003 - Mephisto Genetics - gold glue - toofless alien - MH SP250 - super soil auto grow

hello everyone its me db003 and it harvest time!

it breaks my heart to say that I got a case of the dreaded bud rot on one of my plants and of course it had to be the plant with the fattest buds because why not. FML!

the bad news of this grow is that the main cola on one of my plants got bud major rot I had hoped that I got to it in time but it was too late for that bud at least it was isolated to that one bud on that plant as far as I can tell.

I went ahead and chopped all the plants to prevent and further outbreaks of mold just in case. I cut and removed the bud that was affected and tossed it.

other then the case of bud rot these plants are fantastic I took some nice bud shots before I chopped them.

these plants were chopped on day #72 from sprout

2x gold glue auto from Mephisto Genetics

1x toofless alien auto from Mephisto Genetics

View attachment 1194635View attachment 1194636View attachment 1194637View attachment 1194638View attachment 1194639View attachment 1194640View attachment 1194641View attachment 1194642View attachment 1194643View attachment 1194644View attachment 1194645View attachment 1194646View attachment 1194647View attachment 1194648View attachment 1194649
Do you have any fans inside tent and what is your exhaust fan like? Many times bud rot in a small.space is due to water on leaves. If you dont have a fan to circulate inside tent, you may want to add one next time. Sometimes it is the strain itself that is a bud rot candidate. My guess is the taller plant had the bud rot. In the future if your plants yellow earlier than expected always keep a closet eye on the more yellow one. If leaves start to die off it can cause the bud rot. It you trim leaves, dont trim too close to the colas. Leave a section of stem away from the buds. Plucking too close can cause bud rot from the stem moisture once plucked or trimmed. Not saying you did anything wrong, just helping you out for future. Good luck, slow

Damn that sucks to hear growmie! Was it on a gold glue I’m assuming? Saw 1 was mighty bush compared to other 2 so assumed it was the alien bush towering above other 2! Mine had 4 colas get over 54” off the ground so had to supercrop em over for my 1st time doing it! Gold glue on mine is shorter and wide (shorter than yours) but I’m pretty positive it’s from over watering as seedling and roots just never got to where they should! I also planted lil too far back in my earthbox jr so found roots yesterday coming out the drain hole! I’ve personally only been growing since 9/‘19 so I’m still learning bunches but these 2 were easy growing for sure! I’m only 65 days in today on TA and 64 on goldy! Still got some time to go!
E5351798-431E-4527-87B4-88754DFB626B.jpeg
Looking good with yours and end product looked fantastical! Glad I got same 2 strains from Stan!
:pass:

Too bad bout the bud rot but those are some very nice buds!

Are those 5 gallon pots? Did you share your supersoil formula somewhere buddy? Lol

Great grow bro!

these are 3 gallon gro pro fabric pots

super soil goes on the bottom half and plain potting soil on the top half of the pot

my super soil mix is

3.0 Cubic Ft. Super Soil Ingredients

.625 lb. - 10 oz. Fish Bone Meal 3-16-0

.625 lb. - 10 oz. Bone Meal 2-14-0

12oz - 0-11-0 seabird Guano

1.25 lb. - 20 oz. Blood Meal 13-0-0

3/4 cup Oyster Shell

3/4 cup Kelp Meal

3/8 cup Alfalfa Meal

3/16 cup Epsom Salt

1/4 cup Sweet Lime (Dolomite)

1/2 cup Azomite (67 Trace Elements)

1/8 cup Mycorrhizal Fungi - done

1.5 tsp. Powdered Humic Acid 90% Pure

20 oz. nectar for the gods one shot granules (optional)

2x (any good potting soil)

1x 30 pound bag worm castings (any worn castings)

Do you have any fans inside tent and what is your exhaust fan like? Many times bud rot in a small.space is due to water on leaves. If you dont have a fan to circulate inside tent, you may want to add one next time. Sometimes it is the strain itself that is a bud rot candidate. My guess is the taller plant had the bud rot. In the future if your plants yellow earlier than expected always keep a closet eye on the more yellow one. If leaves start to die off it can cause the bud rot. It you trim leaves, dont trim too close to the colas. Leave a section of stem away from the buds. Plucking too close can cause bud rot from the stem moisture once plucked or trimmed. Not saying you did anything wrong, just helping you out for future. Good luck, slow

I have a 4 inch exhaust fan hooked up pulling air out that goes in to a closet. I had a little fan but it broke I need to get another one this will motivate me to get another one for sure lol

thanks for the tips after I got to inspect the bud. it might have been a combo of high humidity and and a dead leaf like you said it died off and began to rot between the buds

to be honest I should have chopped that plant least week when I first posted about the first case of bud rot it had but even then it might have been to late but no worries

I think this is the second time I got bud rot in the years I have been growing

Damn that sucks to hear growmie! Was it on a gold glue I’m assuming? Saw 1 was mighty bush compared to other 2 so assumed it was the alien bush towering above other 2! Mine had 4 colas get over 54” off the ground so had to supercrop em over for my 1st time doing it! Gold glue on mine is shorter and wide (shorter than yours) but I’m pretty positive it’s from over watering as seedling and roots just never got to where they should! I also planted lil too far back in my earthbox jr so found roots yesterday coming out the drain hole! I’ve personally only been growing since 9/‘19 so I’m still learning bunches but these 2 were easy growing for sure! I’m only 65 days in today on TA and 64 on goldy! Still got some time to go!
View attachment 1194864 Looking good with yours and end product looked fantastical! Glad I got same 2 strains from Stan!
:pass:

yeah it was one of the gold glues and of course it had to be the one plant with the massive bud out of the whole grow. I am glad it was just that one bud on that plant. I will just have to wait and see when there done drying if any of the other buds were affected. the other two plants look great so its not a whole loss.

I have a 4 inch exhaust fan hooked up pulling air out that goes in to a closet. I had a little fan but it broke I need to get another one this will motivate me to get another one for sure lol

thanks for the tips after I got to inspect the bud. it might have been a combo of high humidity and and a dead leaf like you said it died off and began to rot between the buds

to be honest I should have chopped that plant least week when I first posted about the first case of bud rot it had but even then it might have been to late but no worries

I think this is the second time I got bud rot in the years I have been growing
If you see bud rot, it will.only get worse. I suggest harvesting at that moment to cut loses. A fan iside the tent will.help for surely
.. good luck

Back