Decarboxylation Graph

Thats awesome! you guys Rock. Thanks again Kindred,I've been doing it close but a bit off.So Ive been missin out,not suprised.LOL!Thanks!!

Look out here comes the rookie asking those simple questions :face: from everything I have read you are doing this with already cured bud, bud trimmings, and then chopped in a coffee grinder or that keif stuff. But what If you trim the shade/fan leaves while plant is growing. I put them in the oven on 125 for about 10 minutes and they curled up and dried and stank when I opened the oven door. So now I have ground it up pretty good and cleaned the stringy stuff out of it. so Do I go back to the chart above and bake again ? I smoked some in a bowl and I get a lil mellow head buzz, I haven't smoked in a while, Since grow started 70 something days ago so tolerance has gone way down as I didn't smoke but a couple times a month before that. I am guessing that most of the aroma and steam that came out of the oven was just moisture I HOPE. I am just not sure but seems to me if I cooked at 252 for 25 minutes All I would have left is some ash. my goal is to make some poor excuse of Green Dragon (don't hate me I got to try something) and then use that to make the lolipops in the cooking forum. You think it will work. ? Bake again or go with it as it is ? approx 20 grams as it sits now. Thanks wise ones. :shrug: :peace:

I am a noobe also. IMHO if you make your geen dragon using what you have now. You will get good pain relieving effcets but very little physoactive effects. I would do another decarb on it since the short duration of heat and the amount of water present in your material would defineyly would have slowed the decarb processs down.
I just did a second decarb on my buds i am going to be using for gd also. If you go alittle to far all you do is loose a little THC that turns into CBN, so may-be not as much buzz But better pain relief. I hope this helps.
If I am full of shit someone on her will correct me really quick. But I honestly believe what I am saying to be sound advice.

Thanks Kindred. The graph is very helpful! Now to figure out the best way to extract the THC content in alcohol to make tinctures. :thread:

Yay! More data. Awesome contribution Kindred. I did notice a typo though... it's supposed to say Journal of Chromatography 420!!!

:rofl:

hahahaha !!! :Cushty:

I am a noobe also. IMHO if you make your geen dragon using what you have now. You will get good pain relieving effcets but very little physoactive effects. I would do another decarb on it since the short duration of heat and the amount of water present in your material would defineyly would have slowed the decarb processs down.
I just did a second decarb on my buds i am going to be using for gd also. If you go alittle to far all you do is loose a little THC that turns into CBN, so may-be not as much buzz But better pain relief. I hope this helps.
If I am full of shit someone on her will correct me really quick. But I honestly believe what I am saying to be sound advice.

someone tell me if this is correct about THC transforming into CB(N?)

Thanks for this kindred!
I thought it worth pointing out material was on glass in an open reactor.
on a metal tray in a small oven may not produce the same result.
probably close enough if you are in the midde or lower range, but in the higher ranges you could easily waste material by burning

I vape w/ a Vapir NO2 set at 386* ... Based on the idea of decarboxylation I've been wondering if I should let the weed heat in the Vape for a few minutes before hitting it ... what do y'all think ?

Back