Dialing In MEGA CROP for Auto's

I know and I use just kelp the first feeding or two. I had a seedling that didn’t like MC so early on. The kelp seems to have what the plants need the first week for fast root growth. Saying that I just made a batch for seedlings with MC in it lol oops I’m sure they will be fine. I think it was the strain didn’t like nutes to begin with.

Also seems plants like to get wet my buddy sprays his right down with the solution out of his res and his girls love it. Figure if it didn’t burn the leafs a little kelp in its daily “raining” wouldn’t hurt. Seem to make them happy. That’s all I try to do cause in the long run the happier they r the happier I’ll be at the end lol

Is it necessary to add other nutrients to the megacrop? Is that because the base doesn't have the necessary nutes?
You can run MEGA CROP 100% all the way through solo, also you can add in PK Boost (0 Nitrogen) type product during flower time to really customize. There are a few other products you can mess around with also depending on your grow preference, but MC is essential and can be used standalone.

I usually recommend to people to do a few solo MC runs and dialed it in first, then to consider experimenting with a few other supplements just to see if it benefits them.

We must be in parallel universes and at the same point in time. Late in flower using Greenleaf, noticed with a reduction in MC and boosting PK with Bud explosion making a nice difference with the end of flowering. Still learning how to use the MC. Yea its simpler than other nutes, but still find there are things to learn WHich is cool to me. If it was too easy, it would be boring.
yeah, there is definitely a "dialing in" learning curve, which to be honest comes with literally any nutrient system. MEGA CROP will be easier to dial in compared to other products because its 1 simple product, so you are only adjusting for 1 variable which is the easiest thing to do.

Dialing in is requires because of slight differences in strains genetics, whether its autoflower or photosensitive strains, lighting types/conditions, grow conditions/environment, medium, etc... So the Feeding Chart on the website is basically just a suggestion.

So usually the dialing in process is something like determining how much to feed depending on your week in cycle (week 1 veg, week 2 veg ... week 5 flower), but its usually fairly simple. Like you might end up with something like
week 1: 4 grams per gallon
week 2: 4.2 grams per gallon
week 5: 5 grams per gallon
week 6: 5.5 grams per gallon

So its going to be somewhat relative to the Feeding Schedule, but slight adjustments may need to be made.

Last edited:
It works the price is right. And I believe 100% u can start to finish with just megacrop but like said by rep there’s options to dial in more if we choose. I so choose to do a little dialin in. So far I’ve grown 23 strains including what I have going now. Some plants require slightly different Nute plans. Easiest no matter what your running start light and work up. Find the sweet spot and adjust for each strain. Or just run and some won’t do as good as others.

I've done 4, start to finish grows with Megacrop. I'm quite satisfied with the results! Why add all kinds of other crap when its just not needed?

It works the price is right. And I believe 100% u can start to finish with just megacrop but like said by rep there’s options to dial in more if we choose. I so choose to do a little dialin in. So far I’ve grown 23 strains including what I have going now. Some plants require slightly different Nute plans. Easiest no matter what your running start light and work up. Find the sweet spot and adjust for each strain. Or just run and some won’t do as good as others.

I've done 4, start to finish grows with Megacrop. I'm quite satisfied with the results! Why add all kinds of other crap when its just not needed?

Pretty much this, the whole point of MC is that its a complete start to finish one-stop-shop for nutes. If you had to add a bunch of other stuff to it, whats the point?

Cal/mag is not a buffering agent, nor does coco coir take a cal/mag pre-charge well. Just make sure your feed solution has a proper amount in it and you'll be fine. Megacrop has enough to get through veg, it seems to need a little extra in flower for some strains. I add an extra 50 ppms to my RO water and have no issues. With coco, I'd add 75 ppms. Someone suggested adding a teaspoon per gallon of Epsom Salts adds about 30 ppm per gallon of Mg, which is what is lacking more often than calcium.

how much cal mag from @Greenleaf Nutrients nutrients should i use to buffer enough coco going into a 3gallon pot?

Back