Greenleaf Nutrients

Welcome to the CannaZone
AFN Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Website
greenleafnutrients.com
Currently Smoking
White Widow
Hi all. I recently made a very simple, short guide on how to dial in MEGA CROP to get the best possible results. This applies to autoflowers and photosensitive crops equally. Maybe some of you already know this, but I just wanted to make it a bit more clear.

This should answer some common questions about how to use MC with Autoflowers, since the normal veg/bloom feeding chart doesn't apply exactly. The feeding chart is just meant as a starting point, and good growers will dial in their grows depending on the feedback from the plant. There are so many factors to consider a simple feeding chart cannot give an exact calculator for everyone, so dialing in is key for optimal harvest.

The small guide is below the feeding calculator on the website.
https://greenleafnutrients.com/feeding-calculator/#!/dial-in

Here is a copy/paste!

How to Dial In Feeding For Optimal Results
The Feeding Calculator is used as a general starting point for finding the right amount of nutrients to use. Depending on your setup, you may benefit from using more, or less than the suggestion. After running MEGA CROP for a few weeks you can begin to “dial-in” your feeding program, ie: modify it to achieve maximum harvest/results and have the healthiest plants!
Step 1 – Dialing In Nitrogen levels through MEGA CROP dosage by monitor your plants coloring:

• Pay close attention to the green coloring of your plants leaves. Nitrogen levels in MEGA CROP are strongly related to how green your plants leaves will appear
  • If your plant leaves arelight greenoryellow, then increase your dosage of MEGA CROP to boost Nitrogen levels and increase green color
  • If your plant leaves are toodark greenand/or have burned tips, then scale back your MEGA CROP dosage to reduce the nitrogen.
  • Your goal is to have the plants coloring to be astrong healthy green without burning, and you control this by increasing or decreasing the MEGA CROP dosage. If you are a new grower and not sure what color your plants should be at, browse the internet for pictures of healthy plants of your same type. You should make dosage changes for the first time in small amounts, for example changes of 10-20% increase or decrease only, and then waiting 2-3 weeks to monitor plant response after each change. Since the plant has to take time to uptake nutrients and process them, it may take 2-3 weeks to notice the results of the changes you made.
Step 2 – Dialing in yourPK boostlevels during bloom for maximum yields and resins:

• Once your have achieved proper base nutrient dosage through regulating Nitrogen, then during flowering/blooming phase you can optionally add in PK booster to increase harvest.
  • PK Boosters likeBud Explosionhave high amounts of P and K, and 0 (N)itrogen, so you can add them in during flowering without risking changing your plants Nitrogen levels
  • This may take some time, but you can continually increase PK boosters over several harvests to monitor for increase weight and quality. As long as you do not notice plant damage from increasing the dosage, you can experiment by increasing the dosage, and monitoring the final end results/yields.
  • Careful! At a certain point, adding more PK booster will not give you better yields/quality, and excess may cause damage!
©

:yeahthat: I use it the way I was 1st explained gram per gallon the additives I use per instructions. I do dial it in per how my plants respond 1 reason I feed from pop. My last grow I didnt get over 4 grams per gallon and this grow will be no different as I've reached flower and now will slowly reduce the MC base as my plants get closer to harvest

BTW I'm realizing more every grow why you call it MEGA CROP it got the game behind the name for sure :headbang:

Thanks for posting that @Greenleaf Nutrients and I do have a question on this topic.

During veg its not just dialing in the dose one time and you're done. The grower is probably going to be increasing the MEGA CROP over the approximate 30 days of veg maybe starting at 3g/gallon and ending at 6g/gallon. This is really what Step 1 above is all about - dialing it in for the whole veg period.

Now you switch to adding PK for blooming. My question is, is there any value in still tweaking the MEGA CROP and N or do you just leave it at the highest amount used during veg? So if I found 6 grams of MEGA CROP is where I finished up veg do one just continue to the end with that? Or can you see where there could be cases where MEGA CROP should be reduced?

Thanks for posting that @Greenleaf Nutrients and I do have a question on this topic.

During veg its not just dialing in the dose one time and you're done. The grower is probably going to be increasing the MEGA CROP over the approximate 30 days of veg maybe starting at 3g/gallon and ending at 6g/gallon. This is really what Step 1 above is all about - dialing it in for the whole veg period.

Now you switch to adding PK for blooming. My question is, is there any value in still tweaking the MEGA CROP and N or do you just leave it at the highest amount used during veg? So if I found 6 grams of MEGA CROP is where I finished up veg do one just continue to the end with that? Or can you see where there could be cases where MEGA CROP should be reduced?
hi Lunar

yeah, dialing in is based on a continuous basis, as the plant gets bigger you increase the base nutrient dose. For example, if you are feeding 2 grams per gallon at week [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG], and you are feeding 6 grams per gallon at final harvest week [HASHTAG]#13[/HASHTAG], then there will be a scale up of dosage from 2 grams per gallon, to 6 grams per gallon over that time period.
So like
week [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] 2g/gal
week [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] 3g/gal
week [HASHTAG]#6[/HASHTAG] 4g/gal
week [HASHTAG]#8[/HASHTAG] 5g/gal
week [HASHTAG]#10[/HASHTAG] 5.5g/gal
week [HASHTAG]#12[/HASHTAG] 6g/gal

Is it necessary to add other nutrients to the megacrop? Is that because the base doesn't have the necessary nutes?

Greenleaf is honest to tell us that all we need is megacrop, and nothing else.
However, the grow community has been indoctrinated to wrongly believe that all sorts of teas, elixirs, bloom boosters, potions, etc are necessary to grow these weeds.
To keep its customer base from buying these dubious products from its competitors, and maybe switching to one of them, Greenleaf is forced to offer them too.

I'll be using Megacrop for the first time soon, and nothing but Megacrop, except for some clorox (as a Current Culture UC Roots substitute to prevent root rot in hydro) and pH up/dn.

KISS

Greenleaf is honest to tell us that all we need is megacrop, and nothing else.
However, the grow community has been indoctrinated to wrongly believe that all sorts of teas, elixirs, bloom boosters, potions, etc are necessary to grow these weeds.
To keep its customer base from buying these dubious products from its competitors, and maybe switching to one of them, Greenleaf is forced to offer them too.

I'll be using Megacrop for the first time soon, and nothing but Megacrop, except for some clorox (as a Current Culture UC Roots substitute to prevent root rot in hydro) and pH up/dn.

KISS
Clorox as in the bleach?

Clorox as in the bleach?
Yes.
Current Culture sells UC Roots, which is just hyper-expensive dilute bleach, to keep root rot at bay. It's part of their recommended basic nutes package.
Here's a discussion of using bleach on another site:
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...-you-keep-your-reservoir-sterile.61419/page-2

Supposedly using bleach in commercial growing is common for many crops.

I just received a chlorine test kit to determine how much bleach to use, and the target seems to be 0.5 to 1.0 ppm Cl, but I haven't tested yet.

Yes.
Current Culture sells UC Roots, which is just hyper-expensive dilute bleach, to keep root rot at bay. It's part of their recommended basic nutes package.
Here's a discussion of using bleach on another site:
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...-you-keep-your-reservoir-sterile.61419/page-2

Supposedly using bleach in commercial growing is common for many crops.

I just received a chlorine test kit to determine how much bleach to use, and the target seems to be 0.5 to 1.0 ppm Cl, but I haven't tested yet.
Interesting...

I just like buying shit. Lol. I add sweet candy and BE but I use less MC. Right during my girls in late flower last few feedings have been around
1.5gpg MC
2gpg SC
3gpg BE. Girls seem to love the decrease in N later on in flower and the addition of extra pk. I like the sweet candy that’s why I add it lol. Seriously though I think it helps get my ph to where it needs and keeps it there. @F.N. Loves the sweet candy and won’t grow without it. He grows enough plants to see a difference I can’t with my 3-4 from seed at a time different strains, can’t compare much other then how good they all do. Next time I will be buying the big bag

Back