Do autos finish more quickly in soil than coco?

Humanrob

Perpetual Beginner
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
DIY - CBD:THC Edibles
I was reading a thread where someone posted that they noticed that their autos were smaller when grown in soil than coco (that I've heard), but also that they finished more quickly (that I've never heard). Then others on the thread chimed in that they had the same experience.

Is that a known Truth?

I understand that there are tons of unknown variables in a comparison like that, but it seems pretty much to be the case that the expert growers who have optimized their setups over time and are getting the biggest (indoor) harvests are growing in coco (or some flavor of hydro, but for simplicity I'm just keeping this a soil/coco comparison). It makes sense to me that the efficiency of supplying nutrients to the root mass in coco would lend itself to superior harvests compared to soil. What I'm not aware of is that somehow the limitations of soil also make the plant finish more quickly?

On a similar possibly related note, I've read that plants in smaller containers will finish more quickly. Is that an accepted Truth?

Back