Ph in soil

darknight_420

Welcome to the CannaZone
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hi all

I've always grown in coco and I've moved over to soil and I'm using the biotab range that states you don't have to PH.

Yet when I mix everything together or even give plain water my ph is over 7.2

Apparently there's something that balances out the ph within the biotab product but truth is I find my leaves are curling and crisping up and I think its a PH issue as they look how they did in coco when my ph pen was broken a

I do have biobizz ph down and I can use that but I've been told you don't need to ph your nutirents in soil but surely if its still over ph7 and not within range of around 6.5 shouldn't I add some down?

Advice appreciated

Hi all

I've always grown in coco and I've moved over to soil and I'm using the biotab range that states you don't have to PH.

Apparently there's something that balances out the ph within the biotab product but truth is I find my leaves are curling and crisping up and I think its a PH issue as they look how they did in coco when my ph pen was broken a

I do have biobizz ph down and I can use that but I've been told you don't need to ph your nutirents in soil but surely if its still over ph7 and not within range of around 6.5 shouldn't I add some down?

Advice appreciated

I think you going to get both answers on this one yes and no… IMO yes you should ph your inputs.. I used to not think so but have learned since it is best to ph :goodluck:

Hi all

Advice appreciated
let me get my friend @Bob's Auto's I'm sure he won't mind as I've asked the same question today also are you leaving your water out 24 hours to get the chlorine out that's quite important also regarding the ph as I make big amounts of water up im going to start to ph mine down slightly as mine 7.0 out of the tap

let me get my friend @Bob's Auto's I'm sure he won't mind as I've asked the same question today also are you leaving your water out 24 hours to get the chlorine out that's quite important also regarding the ph as I make big amounts of water up im going to start to ph mine down slightly as mine 7.0 out of the tap
Best to add a air bubbler if leaving it to sit overnight as 24 hours ain't enough time for it all to evaporate out on its own.
2 - 5 days for an open container and 1 -2 if aerated.
Aerated has always been the best for me.

Thanks for your replies all, I've not yet mastered quotes yet let alone multiple ones lol

No I haven't been leaving the water to settle, it comes straight out the cold water tap in the bath and I pour my orgatrex in and the odd gram of bactrex and give a shake and spray it over the surface of the plants so it slowly soaks in.

Moving onto compost tea I'll be airiating it for about 36hrs but even the last time I did that my ph was nearly 8 lol

My autos are going to be on a water only method so I don't mind taking say 10l and mixing it down within range but I'm only using 500ml per 10L pot.

I dont even know if that's enough as ive never had a run off which now makes me wonder

Thanks @St. Tom for the tag :d5:

Correct! BioTabs doesn't require you to lower the pH as long as it is in a reasonable range. If you can drink it safely it's ok. Trust me, I've been using their products for two years now and even don't remember where my pH pen is :rofl:

What do you mix together? You are using plain water right? My tapwater is 7.6pH and has an hardness of 10°F, no problem whatsoever :thumbsup:

Apparently there's something that balances out the ph within the biotab product but truth is I find my leaves are curling and crisping up and I think its a PH issue as they look how they did in coco when my ph pen was broken
Yup, those are the soil life that get's activated by water and is incorporated in everything in their product line. Even in the Tabs themselves are bacterial colonies that aid in uptaking and converting nutrients.

If you like to lower the pH to 6.5 by hand, that's no issue whatsoever. It's just not necessary in normal conditions...

Advice appreciated
Advice given :cheers::toke:

No I haven't been leaving the water to settle, it comes straight out the cold water tap in the bath and I pour my orgatrex in and the odd gram of bactrex and give a shake and spray it over the surface of the plants so it slowly soaks in.
It's best practice to aerate the water 24hours before adding the Bactrex and Orgatrex. This will dissipate the Chlorine and that will benefit the bacterial cultures inside the Bactrex.

Moving onto compost tea I'll be airiating it for about 36hrs but even the last time I did that my ph was nearly 8 lol
Forget measuring the tea's pH. Does it start to foam after 24 hours? If not, either the water is to cold or it had Chloramine in it. In the first case just put the bucket in a warm spot. If it's the latter you'll need vitamine C to remove the Chloramine before adding the PK Booster Tea and Orgatrex.

Thanks @Bob's Auto's for getting back to me.

I've no problem airiating water 24hr before I feed and will get into that routine with my autos.

Making the compost tea was great and no issues I bought the air pump and a fish tank heater and set it at 22c for the 36hrs, at times I even had to scoop the off and scrape the sides down so that's good im doing that right albeit I only made it once before my last harvest. But noted no PH the tea..

I actually bought bottled water for the T lol not sure if that makes a difference but it was still above 7ph but from what I gather it doesn't matter for the compost tea as you'll he airing it for 36hr?

I am a bit anal and if theres anything I need to buy or think its a necessity I usually buy it.. lol ya should see the shite in my grow cupboard I could set up another 3 tents lol

I just saw your earlier post

No I don't just give water as the 2 photoperiods are the method of mixing orgatrex and bactrex in my feed, whereas my autos I've mixed with the silicium flash so that will be the plain water, oh and the panty punch photo period is silicium flash water only method.

I never had the full range of biotab and bought the startpack so I had to use the method of mixing. It's since I became obsessed that I bought the silicium flash, compost tea and boom boom spray and this time around I think im more prepared so look forward to seeing what difference adding PK boosters will give me

Last edited:
I even had to scoop the off and scrape the sides down so that's good
Foam is good!! It means the bennies are converting carbs into protein = foam.

I actually bought bottled water for the T lol
Tapwater will do buddy, but I guess you know that already :pighug:

I am a bit anal and if theres anything I need to buy or think its a necessity I usually buy it.. lol ya should see the shite in my grow cupboard I could set up another 3 tents lol
I think we all have that in one way or another...

No I don't just give water as the 2 photoperiods are the method of mixing orgatrex and bactrex in my feed, whereas my autos I've mixed with the silicium flash so that will be the plain water, oh and the panty punch photo period is silicium flash water only method.
You might want to skip a feeding with them Photo's once in a while. Give the soil some time to recover and use up the excess carbs that might have accumulated. If you see signs of excess stop giving the Orgatrex for a while and note that it'll keep working for about a week after applying.

I never had the full range of biotab and bought the startpack so I had to use the method of mixing. It's since I became obsessed that I bought the silicium flash, compost tea and boom boom spray and this time around I think im more prepared so look forward to seeing what difference adding PK boosters will give me
I myself started with the starter pack and it changed my life!! You now have the full range, except for the Bio PK 5-8, but with the PK Booster Compost Tea you are already golden. I myself prefer the tea over the Bio PK 5-8 as I feel I get more organics into the soil in the form of the tea. :shrug:
The BoomBoom spray is excellent, but don't use it more then two times. Once at around day 20-24 (beginning of flower) and two weeks later again. Follow the instructions and don't use more then is stated.
The Silicium Flash is great in the 'water only' tactic, but it can also be used to treat deficiencies caused by a shortage... Just sprinkle a couple of spoons over the soil and work it in with your fingers. Then water it in...

Back