Grow Mediums Does anyone use soil in their AutoPots?

Im loving this idea as running straight coco and mc tends to get finicky with ph swings, with soil and able to run a higher ph as res always settles at or around 6.5 a soil mix could solve my deficiency problems

Nectar for the gods has a few diff soils take a look if ya dont mind which would be best for the 70/30 mix i have worm castings on hand as well
78a3b93ae606bf087d5887c64405701d.jpg
4f579f90ab9ba53a1cd1af294a094784.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I’m using Oregon’s Only [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] now, with super soil and llama poop tea. It’s been such an easy grow. All 4 plants look great and I’ve had no problems so far.

FB02F006-810C-470D-A9AF-8FCAC60971DA.jpeg

@HemiSync I understand that using the items in the starter kit would be best, as they were made to work together. I’ve also seen Mephisto mention that they use just the tabs in their autopots with soil on the farm when doing large runs. Granted, I’m sure in their case it’s to simplify and streamline the process when growing out 1000s of testers rather than to maximize the potential of only a couple of plants. I seem to recall seeing others posting about using only the tabs and having decent results but I never looked further into it.

@Ivean have you got any kind of journal, or perhaps could share some photos or any further info on the results you are seeing when using just three tabs per 15L pot?
Sorry I'm hopeless with journals and photos as it tends to make me a little more paranoid than normal but I just went and grabbed a quick one

If you look closely you'll see I had a fucking bird in my loft groom last week that decided to crap over everything so got to give them a wash when I harvest :)
b7796f6af064ef0624562f4f691b324d.jpg

I’m using Oregon’s Only [HASHTAG]#4[/HASHTAG] now, with super soil and llama poop tea. It’s been such an easy grow. All 4 plants look great and I’ve had no problems so far.

View attachment 997678
Im still lovin the lama poop! :crying:

I think I have decided to go with 70% roots organics, 30% perlite, and the Mephisto Amendment in the bottom half for my next grow in my autopots.. I was contacted by Mephisto today and will be ordering the amendment tomorrow :biggrin: I also LOVE recharge and it is the only thing I will be watering into my grow with distilled water. Want to keep it simple. (Of course I have calmag, etc. on hand just in case!) I am going to start my new baby seeds in root riots (love them) and then when roots start showing plant riots into 4" "cow pots" filled with roots organic. When roots start poking out of cow pots I will plant the cow pot and all into the autopot which will be layered with the amendment.. Now if I can just dial in the waterings for the little ones I will be ok.

Roots original has a shitload of perlite in it already and I really don’t think it needs any more added to it. Others may disagree but side by side with something like fox farms happy frog for example the difference is night and day. Actually, happy frog with 30% perlite added to it is about what roots original looks like out of the bag. Also, if you are using COBs and distilled water I’m fairly certain you are going to need to use that calmag.

View attachment 997678
what type of super soil hon...home made or pre made?

In from Mass also. I haven't seen this stuff yet.

GO PATRIOTS!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Hi Wonka :biggrin: :)

I havent really seen it anywhere either, just on line.

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!

Roots original has a shitload of perlite in it already and I really don’t think it needs any more added to it. Others may disagree but side by side with something like fox farms happy frog for example the difference is night and day. Actually, happy frog with 30% perlite added to it is about what roots original looks like out of the bag. Also, if you are using COBs and distilled water I’m fairly certain you are going to need to use that calmag.
Cool...the less I have to mix perlite into anything the better!! I always get it everywhere and find it for months all over my house. HA HA
Yes, I have calmag on hand, but would love to maybe add a little to the bottom of the pot and nip the problem in the bud. what is a good powder source of cal/mag to add to the bottom of the pot?

Back