Drying help

Bjfool

New User
Reaction score
I’ve had two drying attempts… both comes out smelling like hay… right now drying environment considering spare closet or laundry room… right now the temp are around 70-76F and Rh50-65%… anyone have any tips or any other suggestions on drying??? That’s cost effective

@Bjfool :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:Smelling like hay is just what you want while first drying. The terpene profile will come through in the cure. A good cure is as important to a finished product as all of the other steps it took to get you here. There is a wonderful product called Grove Bags that takes all of the hard work out of a perfect cure.

Your drying conditions are good. Make sure it is dark and there is a good gentle air movement. I have never quite got the bit about snapping the small stems? I just feel the bud in my hand. When the tips of the leaves feel pointy I put the buds in a brown paper bag to let them "sweat' for a day or two. Then put some in a jar with a small hygrometer If the read ~62% RH the are ready for the cure. If you use jars fill them about 3/4 full and burp them daily for the first week. Then every other day for the next week. Your terps should improve a great deal by then.

I now use a moisture meter and Grove Bags. Read about that here:

@Bjfool :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:Smelling like hay is just what you want while first drying. The terpene profile will come through in the cure. A good cure is as important to a finished product as all of the other steps it took to get you here. There is a wonderful product called Grove Bags that takes all of the hard work out of a perfect cure.

Your drying conditions are good. Make sure it is dark and there is a good gentle air movement. I have never quite got the bit about snapping the small stems? I just feel the bud in my hand. When the tips of the leaves feel pointy I put the buds in a brown paper bag to let them "sweat' for a day or two. Then put some in a jar with a small hygrometer If the read ~62% RH the are ready for the cure. If you use jars fill them about 3/4 full and burp them daily for the first week. Then every other day for the next week. Your terps should improve a great deal by then.

I now use a moisture meter and Grove Bags. Read about that here:

I’ll add the paper bag process to this dry and see where gets me…

I’ll add the paper bag process to this dry and see where gets me…
You have to have a good terpene profile to start with. This starts with genetics and good nutrition during the growing. It can be improved greatly by a better indoor light spectrum. I added both UVA during bloom and UVB the last two or three weeks of flower. I got a tremendous boost in terps and THC.

Back