Everclear tinctures

BRAVO 912,

Great job on stepping into the tincture world.

Hopefully everything will be great for ya.

Hope to see this on out to the end.
:pass:

Thanks grandma roody! Anyone with severe 24/7 chronic pain will do anything to quell the pain!! I have only just heard about tinctures recently, which is why I am so late to the party!! SMoking/vaping does a great job of distracting my mind away from the pain, but smoking no strain has given me much true pain relief.(some relief from DP BB and DNA Kosher Kush) Edibles seem to work quite well to calm muscle spasms, and work alright for the pain but again none have shut it down.

Cheers 912, hope it helps. Back pain is a damn nightmare, especially for those of us that still have to work for a living. Tinctures definitely isn't a cure all but it is best that cannabis has to offer for the pain with none of the negatives that opiates bring to the party.

@Chester you are going to need fresh bud. Vaping is going to deplete most of the THC from the tincture. Sounds like you made some more with fresh but a teaspoon, depending on the potency may not have been enough. That was the reason for me describing the measuring of flower to liquid ratio. When you know how much flowers are going in and how much liquid is coming out then you can calculate the ratio and the amount needed to properly dose. If you didn't evaporate the liquid off, I doubt a teaspoon would have been enough to notice. To get that potency you are going to need to do the water bath and get rid of a lot of alcohol in the tincture. Another thing to keep in mind is the effects, tinctures for me at least, have a very different effect than smoking. Even with a high potency sativa dominant variety it is still very medicinal in it's effects. It is going to be very slow coming on and last much longer so you don't get that real quick ramp up to high but the effects linger for a while with a lower peak. Shoot me a message if I can help with anything. I am always hanging around here but don't pop in on many conversations or grows.

Thanks again for your help ... I think it boils down to I have to be more accurate next time and can you drink a tincture rather than taking it under the tongue ? What gram equivalent would recommend as a starting point ... ?

Yes, I put mine into lemonade or something lying around. I have read it works quicker under the tongue but 190 proof alcohol, even boiled down, is painful. I have tried it.

I normally shoot for 2 grams flowers in a dose. That is a weak dose but I use it a lot at work and don't want to be completely disoriented. A lot of these 10X extracts, if you live in a legal state, are going to be much stronger and there again, it all depends on your tolerance. Mine is always low. I don't smoke much, a few times a week at most. I would say shoot for a couple of grams and wait an hour. If you aren't happy dose again. Tinctures aren't like smoking though, once it is on you then it is on you. One thing you can do and I would recommend to anyone new to tinctures to keep some high CBD bud around. The CBD will bring you down pretty quickly by counteracting the THC.

Cheers 912, hope it helps. Back pain is a damn nightmare, especially for those of us that still have to work for a living. Tinctures definitely isn't a cure all but it is best that cannabis has to offer for the pain with none of the negatives that opiates bring to the party.

@Chester you are going to need fresh bud. Vaping is going to deplete most of the THC from the tincture. Sounds like you made some more with fresh but a teaspoon, depending on the potency may not have been enough. That was the reason for me describing the measuring of flower to liquid ratio. When you know how much flowers are going in and how much liquid is coming out then you can calculate the ratio and the amount needed to properly dose. If you didn't evaporate the liquid off, I doubt a teaspoon would have been enough to notice. To get that potency you are going to need to do the water bath and get rid of a lot of alcohol in the tincture. Another thing to keep in mind is the effects, tinctures for me at least, have a very different effect than smoking. Even with a high potency sativa dominant variety it is still very medicinal in it's effects. It is going to be very slow coming on and last much longer so you don't get that real quick ramp up to high but the effects linger for a while with a lower peak. Shoot me a message if I can help with anything. I am always hanging around here but don't pop in on many conversations or grows.

Back/neck/spinal pain is a nightmare...though I don't work anymore, my wife and I grow most of our food so some weeks its even worse than a job. I kicked the opiates around 5 years ago, and wont look back regardless of how strong the pain is.
I will certainly update here once I get some tincture made and tested.

Excellent information A4!
Have you ever used lecithin?

I make a lot of tinctures that can be used in a variety of ways.
The only thing I do different is after I strain, I'll put cheese cloth or a screen on the jar, set it on a shelf to let it evaporate in 1/2, 1/4 or dry.
If the tincture is too harsh to go under your tongue...it makes a nice drink - depending on strength decrease the amount of alcohol you would normally use in a drink.

My absolute favorite thing to do with this tincture is add it to honey.
Mason jar half full of honey (your local raw honey will work the best for you), fill the jar the rest of the way with your tincture. Shake until mixed, replace lid insert with cheese cloth or screen and set on a shelf. Shake or stir at least once a day and evaporate down to the original amount of honey you started with.
Your tincture is now without alcohol and it tastes good! Do not use heat with this recipe...it will degrade the good properties of the honey.

There are several hard candies you can make once you have your tincture.
You can also make tinctures with glycerin...however glycerin does not extract as well as alcohol.
:smokeit:

No, I have pretty much stuck with the alcohol since the beginning just because of the extraction rate. I tried the glycerin once, I think because either you or Eek said something about it but I couldn't stomach the sweetness nor the thick consistency. The thicker it gets, my gag reflex kicks in and no one wants to be around for that, lol.

Yeah, I have tried a lot of those jolly rancher candies from out your way and fell in love with them. A buddy of mine would ship me a bag every once in a while and they are awesome. Any chance you have a recipe for those?

No, no THANKS to you stickman for turning me onto tinctures. I really hope it has an amazing effect...soon my everclear will be arriving (if all goes well for my friend) so soon I will be able to try it out and hopefully get some relief!! Thanks for the link to the coco thread...I will certainly be trying that as well.

Back