Everclear tinctures

What would the smallest recommended batch size be...i'd like to test different kinds before committing much herb of any single type . Anyone have small batch tips? @A4 @StickMan

Making a test batch out of auto blue mammoth tonight...yahoo!

Like the title says for the Green Dragon... BE CAREFUL!

Let us know how it works/ed for you.

Found out again last night that one can over do it with the Canna Caps as well. I was in so much pain with my shoulder,I took 3 capsules. Each a different strain. Felt like I was on speed, benzos, and mild acid at the same time, no fun for StickMan, but NO PAIN either!

Peace.

Like the title says for the Green Dragon... BE CAREFUL!

Let us know how it works/ed for you.

Found out again last night that one can over do it with the Canna Caps as well. I was in so much pain with my shoulder,I took 3 capsules. Each a different strain. Felt like I was on speed, benzos, and mild acid at the same time, no fun for StickMan, but NO PAIN either!

Peace.

I certainly will be taking in moderation...the blue mammoth is actually very strong!(supposed to be 4-6%cbd and only 8-9% thc) Both my buddy and I get ripped off it and we're both heavy tokers. Interesting indeed!!

Ahh man, so sorry for the late reply. Thankfully brother Stick was on top of it. I comment on these threads trying to help and forget to check back in. I received a like from Darth moments ago from early in the thread otherwise I would have been clueless. Sorry again about that.

Yeah, just to reiterate what Stick said, the stuff can be strong if you aren't used to it and the effects somewhat different. For me, I have always explained it to my friends as tincture is more like a traditional medicine to me. You can still get very messed up from it but too much makes me feel terrible as opposed to too much smoking. It can really upset my stomach and just put me into an overall crappy feeling. Yes, I feel stoned but it isn't a happy stoned in any way. I just feel like, man I took too much. If you have ever been in pain and took too many pain pills, to me it is exactly the same. I get messed up but it isn't happy, it is just like I want this to end and there is no end in sight.

Yeah, so I don't say that to discourage anyone from experimenting with it because it is an exceptional medicine when used properly but I just want to put that warning out there that for me, tincture is not recreational. It is truly a medicine that can be easily overdone. Especially if you aren't experienced with dosing.

Ahh man, so sorry for the late reply. Thankfully brother Stick was on top of it. I comment on these threads trying to help and forget to check back in. I received a like from Darth moments ago from early in the thread otherwise I would have been clueless. Sorry again about that.

Yeah, just to reiterate what Stick said, the stuff can be strong if you aren't used to it and the effects somewhat different. For me, I have always explained it to my friends as tincture is more like a traditional medicine to me. You can still get very messed up from it but too much makes me feel terrible as opposed to too much smoking. It can really upset my stomach and just put me into an overall crappy feeling. Yes, I feel stoned but it isn't a happy stoned in any way. I just feel like, man I took too much. If you have ever been in pain and took too many pain pills, to me it is exactly the same. I get messed up but it isn't happy, it is just like I want this to end and there is no end in sight.

Yeah, so I don't say that to discourage anyone from experimenting with it because it is an exceptional medicine when used properly but I just want to put that warning out there that for me, tincture is not recreational. It is truly a medicine that can be easily overdone. Especially if you aren't experienced with dosing.

Completely understood. I still haven't gotten around to making any yet. Just to be clear, this is totally about finding what works for chronic pain. Who knows? Utilizing different strains in this manner all sorts of effect could arise...in my youth I experimented with many drugs, and for the first 7 years of my injury I was a lab rat for more meds than I care to think about.
Has anyone tried tincture with some really up high sativa's?
Again thanks for the info especially stick and A4

Has anyone tried tincture with some really up high sativa's?
Again thanks for the info especially stick and A4

Yes, that is almost all I grow, SSH, Mango Haze, Cotton Candy, Cindy99, most well known sativa strains on the market. Which is why I rarely have indica plants for tincture. They are all almost exactly the same effect to me.

@Eekman or @Root do you have any more information you can provide here? These two are the medical cannabis king and queen of AFN.

Tincs for me have been a long time love affair, finding what my body likes and doesn't. I cant smoke a whole lot of sativa, because my mind cant keep up(last bout of sativa, I cleaned the whole house...twice!) BUT, I like it in a tinc and dont get the race effect. I dont overdo the tinc either. Try one dropper full and put it down. Most often, people will wait a 1/2 hour or so and think nothing is happening and do another dropper. Well an hour later, you find yourself on the floor, trippin balls and having a white out! No fun. Titration is the key. If you are looking for some tinc to make all the pain go away, I would say to lean to a Indica, but that is the nice thing about canna, it affects everyone differently. I say, try em both and have some fun, just make sure you dont have to be anywhere or have to drive!:d5:

A4- very interesting! I would have though more variation would be drawn from different strains.

Briman - thanks for the info..i definitely will make sure I wait long enough. I mostly grow indicas and mostly indica hybrids, so this year its going to be some heavy stones. Right now I have a bunch of auto blue mammoth from barneys farm for the first test batch. Doing it tonight for sure! So far the ABM has been the best pain reduction through smoking/vaping I have ever tried!

Back