Fan placement

paulg

Welcome to the CannaZone
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
All things Twisted Tree
I’m setting up my new tent (2.3x2.3x5). I understand the reasoning behind keeping the fan and filer inside the tent. However, I seem to have an ideal arrangement for locating them outside. I wanted to run this by the team for any pitfalls or red flags. Also, are extra fans inside the tent really necessary? Thx
2F4FFC16-33F8-4F4F-8017-29A86C1EE74B.jpeg

I’m setting up my new tent (2.3x2.3x5). I understand the reasoning behind keeping the fan and filer inside the tent. However, I seem to have an ideal arrangement for locating them outside. I wanted to run this by the team for any pitfalls or red flags. Also, are extra fans inside the tent really necessary? Thx
View attachment 1499014
Might be noisy with your fan & filter resting on the shelf from vibrations, but if noise ain't an issue then that's a great spot for them

The problem is the dirt, you are blowing the air out through the fan to the inside of the filter basically trapping all the dust inside them. If it was reversed the (normal way) the dust would get caught on the cloth filter cover then the outside of the filter then go through the fan. Then you could just take off the black cloth air filter cover and wash it. You need to put something on the duct the (air intake) before the inline fan.

Is that blowing in? Or drawing out?

The arrow on the fan itself by the carbon filter seems to indicate the exhaust direction. Might as well not even have the cloth cover with the way it is setup now.

The arrow on the fan itself by the carbon filter seems to indicate the exhaust direction. Might as well not even have the cloth cover with the way it is setup now.
True enough, the only thing the cloth PRE-FILTER is doing now is to restrict airflow.

I have used a very similar setup on my smaller 2'x2' tent, but it will require you to eventually clean the internals of the fan as deposits will accumulate on the fan blades and cause it to go out of balance.

Additional fans inside the tent will be neccesary.

I would leave the fan as it is but hang the filter inside the tent it’s self as @>Potato @Bill.de.Cat and @Talonxracer have said your fan will get clogged eventually and only end up needing a new fan… or just hang it all like the pics show on the instructions lol

Last edited:
Back