Fast Buds FastBuds - Green Crack, West Coast OG & Gorilla Glue - MarsHydro ll 400

Reaction score
:LikeWeed:
Hey guys, AJ here and time for my 2nd grow attempt...

Intro:

Those that watched on my first grow of Girl Scout Cookies & Blackberry know I struggled with temps and size/yield using the HPS, even with the cooltube reflector. In the end I only yielded a half ounce from the GSC and prob around the same with the Blackberry (currently hanging but was 62g wet).

I have now gone and purchased the MarsHydro ll 400 which I have been running on test for the past 24h and temps have not exceeded 29deg which is great considering the rise in outside temps here and with the hps it got as hot as 35/36deg. Not gonna get too excited yet though...

:pass::hookah::smokeout::baked:

Setup:

Grow Area - 60x60x150 Grow Tent (not sure of brand)

Air Intake - Yes (unsure of model but was sold with the tent package)

Air Out - Yes (unsure of model but was sold with the tent package)

Carbon Filter - Yes (unsure of model but was sold with the tent package) Connected to CoolTube reflector of HPS which is connected to the air out

Lighting - MarsHydro Series ll 400 & 250w HPS. The hps will only be used in the flowering stage for the extra spectrum but only in short cycles to prevent overheating

Lighting Cycle - 20/4 with the Mars Hydro & probably 1h at a time with 30m-1h off and only from say 10pm-7am but only from early flowering onward to keep the bills low

Nutrients - BioBizz range for light-mix soil fed at 50% of recommended dose apart from RootJuice at 100%. To include... Root Juice, AlgaMic, BioHeaven, ActiVera, TopMax, BioGrow & BioBloom

Seeds - FastBuds 1 x Green Crack 1 x Gorilla Glue & 1 x West Coast OG

Pots - 1 x 15L Smart Pot for the GC & 1 x 19L Smart Pot for the GG and WCOG to share.... Not recommended I know but giving it a try and I believe there will be enough root space as will plant towards the edges....

Germ Method - Wet paper towels then straight to final pot when showing a 1cm+ tail.

Green Crack had a tail yesterday and was potted, watered and covered with a plastic cup and the pot with a plastic bag to keep the humidity high. The other two were paper-toweled 2 after the GC so expect to be potting them tomorrow or Thursday at which point I will add pics of my setup etc...

Hopefully we will see a rain forest of...

:growing::growing::growing::growing::growing::growing:

Day 1 - WCOG & GG

Hey guys, sorry for the delay in posting but unfortunately the Green Crack didnt take so have had to paper towel another... However both the WCOG and the Gorilla Glue decided to make a show for Day 1 today... Temps stable at 22-29deg with around 50% humidity hence the cups over the younglings....

Pics of setup with new babies as promised below. Will update journal weekly at the very minimum.

Setup:

Setup.JPG

Green Crack non-starter, will be used for new green grack when ready:

Green Crack Non Starter.JPG

WCOG & GG Same Pot:

GG & WCOG.JPG

WCOG:

Day 1 WCOG.JPG

GG:

Day 1 GG.JPG

Attachments

• Day 1 GG.JPG
    Day 1 GG.JPG
    249.5 KB · Views: 202
Stop paper towelling your seeds. I don't know how this got started and I know millions of growers do it but that little growing root tip is the most delicate and important part of a new plant's life and just one bump can damage it and irrevocably harm the eventual plant! Plant seeds right in the soil they will grow in. If the seed is not going to germinate in the soil you will know in plenty of time to follow with another seed. Next clones need high humidity to root well not seeds you don't need to put cups over them; you are just inviting mold organisms that cause damping off. Water evaporation from your soil should keep your humidity plenty high enough in your tent. Think about how nature does it outside she has had millennia to get it right.

Soooooo

Apologies for not posting in a while.... The WCOG and the GG didnt take off at all and were both no bigger than 5-6 cm after a few weeks so binned them. The Green crack is going strong and I think it will be a decent plant.... Dropped my phone and busted the cam but will update properly soon.

Jam:

You should not give up on slow plants. Some of the best producers I have had started really slooooooooooooooooow. They even looked sickly and went on to be stars.

Anyhow keep the faith and have fun growing.

Ohhh guys.... (hands on head).... I have been trying here, my best really with the time I have had (a lot a few day trips of late, hence no updates....)

Green Crack Second Try - FML

I thought I was on to a winner here, 5 weeks in, 60cm tall and looking good 1 week in to flower... Then disaster strikes.... This beautiful bitch is not a bitch!! it's a fucking he/she or professionally known as a hermaphrodite (see pics)....

I also have a WCOG (pictured) around day 14 and another Blackberry (also pictured and first was delicious) which is at day 6. Then I have the unknown haze seed which i planted just fr the hell of it and if it turns out female I will train low and bushy for the end of the run and will switch to 12/12.

Anyway following on with the hermie... What do I do now? he/she is still producing buds but from what I understand such plants wont produce decent bud, and theres virtually no smell. Male flowers are scattered and only about 7 bulbs over the plant. Do I kill? Move to balcony and see what comes of it? Or do I let it continue in the grow room and remove before others start flowering to prevent cross pollination.

I have also read that if I do pollinate a female auto with the pollen from a hermie male then I am effectively producing feminised autoflower seed (think I read that on Roayl Queens site but could be miss-quoting), can anyone verify that and would it be worth trying to seedrun a Green West Coast OG Crack and a Green Blackberry Crack??

Please advise... I'm totally stuck here!!

Thanks again in advance

AJ

Green Crack Hermi:

IMG_1625.JPG
IMG_1626.JPG
IMG_1628.JPG
IMG_1629.JPG

WCOG:

IMG_1632.JPG
IMG_1635.JPG

Blackberry:

IMG_1636.JPG
IMG_1637.JPG

Check your PM.

Yes you can move it far down wind from your other plants and let it grow.

If you think the hermie was caused by environmental stress you can let the plant produce seeds, they will be genetically female with all of the characteristics of this plant. If it was a genetic Hermie then kill it. Any seed produced from the pollen of this plant will have a genetic dominant hermie gene.

If you don't know what caused it to hermie you can pick and remove all of the male pollen sacs before they open and the plant will continue to flower. The buds will be just as good as if the plant had not hermied. You must be diligent about removing the pollen sacs just one open sac can pollinate your whole room (ok not likely but could happen). It looks like that nanner is really close to opening!

Back