Feels like I'm stuck in pre-flower mode

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm a new grower on my second grow. My first grow was Barney's Farm Pineapple Express Feminized Auto and it went pretty well. I'm now growing a strain called Moscow Blueberry and it feels like I'm stuck in pre flower mode. I'm on day 66 and gained about an inch in height over the past week and a half but not much has changed at the bud sites. At this same point in my previous Barney's Farm Pineapple express grow the bud sites were much more developed. I started noticing that the two pistils that first indicate sex have been turing brown over various parts of the plant. Is this normal? Hopefully you can see in the pictures. Also some lower leaves and and some a little farther up yellow and fall off almost daily. This has happened throughout the grow. Maybe I'm just not being patient enough and everything is fine. I just get this gut feeling that I'm a little stalled out in this grow and I'm interested what you all think. I've taken some pictures both inside and outside the grow cabinet. The outside cabinet shots look a little wilted but I find that is normal when at the end of a dark period. Like she's resting. Things pop back up once the lights are back on. I've tried to be as thorough as possible filling out the details of my grow. Looking forward to what you all think.

Thanks!

What is your experience level? Beginner
What type of hydro set-up are you running? DWC

Your Equipment:
A) Type and wattage of lights. A19 LED bulbs. 93 true watts.
B) Distance from tops? - Very close always within 4-6 inches.
C) Reflector type? ?
D) What are the bulb wattages, kelvin ratings, and schedule? - 93 true watts, mix of 2600K and 5000K
E) Is there a consistent fresh air supply? - Yes.
F) Do you have an exhaust fan and a circulation fan? - Yes.
G) Size of reservoir? - 3 gallon.

Your nutrients and water:
H) Source of water. - Tap water pH is around 7.8.
I) Specific brand and N-P-K ratio for each bottle. General Hydroponics Floras Series. I use this feeding schedule from growweedeasy.com as a guide and I'm currently using week 7 nutrients. FloraMicro 5-0-1 FloraGrow 2-1-6 and FloraBloom 0-5-4. (seems like I need to make a change to Hard Water FloraMicro based on my tap water PPM being above 200)

http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/g...eed-General-Hydroponics-nutrient-schedule.pdf

J) What is the ec/ppm of your unadjusted tap (or filtered) water? 400 (I've since recalibrate my PPM meter and I think it's closer to 380)
K) What is the ec/ppm of your nutrient solution? I measure my PPM once I've mixed my solution with tap. Currently it is around 1200 PPM. I use pH down to bring within 5.5 - 6.5 pH range. (with the help of HotBunz I've started to mix in distilled water to bring down my tap water's PPM)
L) What is the temperature of your nutrient solution? (reservoir high and low temps) I don't measure this.
M) Does your ec/ppm show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check? Stays the same thought grow during which ever week I was on but has been rising slightly in past week.
N) Does the ph fluctuate? No.
O) Do you foliar feed? If so, with what, how often, and at what time do you
spray? Not sure what this is.
P) How often do you replace reservoir water/nutes? Every 7 days.

Your growroom:
Q) What size of closet, room or hut? Home made Sterilite cabinet with negative air pressure using passive intakes. One exhaust fan and two air movement fans. 24"wide, 16" deep, 36"View attachment 543616 tall.
R) What are the temps and humidity levels while lights are on? ...With lights off? My temp range is 66 - 73 degrees fahrenheit and 35 - 60 percent relative humidity. I use 16/8 light schedule.
S) Have you seen signs of insects in the grow room? No.
T) Are the roots long and white, or brown and slimy? Roots are healthy but stained from nutrients.

Your strain:
U) What strain are you growing? Moscow Blueberry. 50 indica 50 sativa.

http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Moscow_Blueberry/Kalashnikov_Seeds/

V) Is this an photoperiod strain? No.
W) From seeds or clones? Seed.

Attachments

• IMG_5878.jpg
    IMG_5878.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 3,040
  • IMG_5879.jpg
    IMG_5879.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 2,929
  • IMG_5880.jpg
    IMG_5880.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 2,514
  • IMG_5881.jpg
    IMG_5881.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 2,408
  • IMG_5882.jpg
    IMG_5882.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 2,379
  • IMG_5883.jpg
    IMG_5883.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 2,291
  • IMG_5884.jpg
    IMG_5884.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 2,847
  • IMG_5885.jpg
    IMG_5885.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 2,152
  • IMG_5887.jpg
    IMG_5887.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 1,923
Last edited:
Looks fine to me.. she looks like sh is making some nice flowers

I like to keep my plants warmer then you I keep her between 76 and 78 during lights out she dips to 73

Thanks so much for taking a look Ripper! Perhaps I'm making too direct a comparison from my last grow of Pineapple Express that seemed to be so much further along at day 66. In terms of my temps I'm in the north and trying to be kind to my landlord by letting the heat drop in the night time so I think that's when I dip in temp. It actually may be a bit warmer near the top of the canopy. My temp and humidity gauge is kept closer to the bottom on top of my reservoir.

Something does seem to be amiss. I too am growing DWC bubble buckets. I am in 3.5 gallon bucket and using General Hydroponics Micro, Grow, Bloom and MagiCal. Around week 4 I STOP using GROW. There is plenty of Nitrogen in the Micro and MagiCal to keep the plant more than happy with it's nitrogen needs. The ratio of MICRO to BLOOM should be 1/3 meaning 3x BLOOM to MICRO.Are you sure your PPM is correct....a tap water level of 400PPM is the craziest thing I have ever seen! I assume you are using the HARD WATER version of the Flora MICRO right? For what it's worth I have done only 2 complete bucket changes on my current grow(day 61 and started flush yesterday) and it is my best yet! This whole weekly rez change thing is just not needed.

Nutes/Feeding aside your plant looks really nice. Without question she is a very late bloomer(no pun intended). At day 66 you she be thinking about flushing or already be flushing. What is your current light schedule there are times were the genetics of the plant do dictate that you run a 12/12 light schedule like a photoperiod plant to get the auto flowering girl to hit her stride and flower.

Something does seem to be amiss. I too am growing DWC bubble buckets. I am in 3.5 gallon bucket and using General Hydroponics Micro, Grow, Bloom and MagiCal. Around week 4 I STOP using GROW. There is plenty of Nitrogen in the Micro and MagiCal to keep the plant more than happy with it's nitrogen needs. The ratio of MICRO to BLOOM should be 1/3 meaning 3x BLOOM to MICRO.Are you sure your PPM is correct....a tap water level of 400PPM is the craziest thing I have ever seen! I assume you are using the HARD WATER version of the Flora MICRO right? For what it's worth I have done only 2 complete bucket changes on my current grow(day 61 and started flush yesterday) and it is my best yet! This whole weekly rez change thing is just not needed.

Nutes/Feeding aside your plant looks really nice. Without question she is a very late bloomer(no pun intended). At day 66 you she be thinking about flushing or already be flushing. What is your current light schedule there are times were the genetics of the plant do dictate that you run a 12/12 light schedule like a photoperiod plant to get the auto flowering girl to hit her stride and flower.

Hard Water Flora Micro? Who Knew! Well I do now thanks to you! That could very well explain my yellowing leaves throughout the grow and maybe even being behind in the grow? Perhaps the Barney's Farm Pineapple Express was more tolerant of the hard water/non hard water Flora Micro. I have just run to the store to pick up some distilled water to mix it in with my tap water. You inspired me to do a recalibration of my PPM meter and seems my water is living more in the 380PPM. I've mixed in the distilled water and now have the water living in the 170 PPM range. I'm going to to a reservoir change with this new lower PPM water and late bloom nutrients. I've dropped Flora Grow from the nutrients and currently am mixing 1/2 teaspoon of Flora Micro and 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of Flora Bloom per gallon of water.

I've been on 16/8 light schedule since seed but are you thinking I should jump to 12/12 to kickstart things?

Hello!

The problem is, you dont have enough light for 3 gallon DWC. You could easily run 600W HPS over that plant and get great results. With good light I estimate 200 grams. With 93W true led is not enough, the light penetration is maximum three set of leaves. I think that you have been doing a really good job with the plant to get that much growth, it just lacks power to kick the flowering in. Used 600w hps is like 100 bucks with a ballast, if you can afford it + temp control go for it, DWC needs power!

cheers

Hello!

The problem is, you dont have enough light for 3 gallon DWC. You could easily run 600W HPS over that plant and get great results. With good light I estimate 200 grams. With 93W true led is not enough, the light penetration is maximum three set of leaves. I think that you have been doing a really good job with the plant to get that much growth, it just lacks power to kick the flowering in. Used 600w hps is like 100 bucks with a ballast, if you can afford it + temp control go for it, DWC needs power!

cheers
Hi xtarget! Thanks for taking a look. I'd love to do that but unfortunately with my current situation this is as much as I can push it power vs heat wise. I started with a 300w (true power 140w) MarsHydro LED. That was pushing my temps into the 90's. This is a stealth grow and I can't vent to the outside. My setup is a home made with mylar but I was thinking of getting a tent with white instead of mylar. I read that the white can really help with the temps getting too high. The only vender I've been able to find who sells one is this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reflective-...717595?hash=item2ca9b4295b:g:NBkAAOSwv-NWbgH~

Maybe then I could increase my light situation. Does anyone know of another brand that sells white lined grow tents in the US?

Doesn't the DWC and smell make it non stealthy enough already? You can just circulate air in your room through an carbon filter.

Back