Fiber optic cables direct light straight to fan leaves.

But whats the cost per unit? Thats the crux, it has to be financially viable. High output leds put most other lighting sources to shame, and while theyre relatively expensive, its not prohibitively thus.

But whats the cost per unit? Thats the crux, it has to be financially viable. High output leds put most other lighting sources to shame, and while theyre relatively expensive, its not prohibitively thus.

Ahh! Down to the nitty gritty! Cost for the cable like $0.00.. We have to rip out the stuff that isn't working and give it new ends. In the process we get like 2-3ft lengths because thats where we choose to cut. (Somebody might have stepped on them in the past and now need new ends..) The multiplexer.. Let me see.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chase-AT16-...238?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5180e26b56 Or something simular made for laser.

Heres a used one for $200.00 but they come cheaper. A cisco router set to broadcast open signals via a tweeked OSPF hello packets to supply light source (Comes with the router if you are lucky) about 300.00 total... I need to post my homemade LED's.. 100watt single bulb, I love to tinker.. This idea of yours has me going! I could prolly do a test setup in the next 6 months taking the broken equipment and looking for this type of equipment for free... I am so going to do this..

Round here I stockpile aluminum heatsinks from old pentium 2's... sounds like you could use a few for your diy leds.

Round here I stockpile aluminum heatsinks from old pentium 2's... sounds like you could use a few for your diy leds.

Actually, thats exactly what I use.. I have built 5 or so just for kicks. Only have 1 left that is working. Shung Xing china is a MF to get shit from over ebay.. Parts only. And China shit is just that.. Shit! But damm! When those 100watt LED 660nm red lights went off, MAN THEY WERE BRIGHT!! I will have to post a pic of the last working unit.

Capture.jpgol old.jpg

Shit, can't get an actual picture of the lights themselves. Bet here are a couple of byproducts and their handy work. Notice the red light coming from the bottom corners. Strain is PineApple chunk.

This is CFL powered other than a 46Watt LED bought. (Up top) 1x 100 watt red LED bottom

http://www.geekalerts.com/usb-fiber-optic-christmas-tree/

Thats a fiber optic cable array shaped like a christmas tree powered by a usb port... prolly leds driving the fo cables. Invert that and stick a brighter lamp in the case and position a bundle of cables facing each set of fan leaves. The lamp would be totally enclosed in a reflective case with fo cables being the only way light can escape and since you're only lighting up specific areas of the plant, you could probably get away with a lot less watts per plant.

Simple test is to use enough fo cable to match the surface area of the hood or reflector in the absolute sweet spot and measure the intensity before and after then factor in selective photon placement throughout the grow. See if its worth it.

And while we're in the subject, why dont we just run fo cables from one side of the planet to the other so we could just use the sun all the time. I know thats 12500 miles per cable, but we could probably figure something out like a mid atlantic light hub to serve all of new yorks lighting needs. use the savings to pay off some debt. amiright?

edit: the uk gets some love too... might as well throw the netherlands in there for good measure as well.

Well damn boyz!!! I am impressed! great convo! kep up the good work!!!

Back