Fiber optic cables direct light straight to fan leaves.

gradolabs

Hash me about LEDs.
Reaction score
Thought experiment:
If you could use FO cables to stream light directly onto the surface of the leaves and bud sites, would you?

Obviously its a bit of a stretch just to imagine how you would piece together a setup like that, but as far as the idea is concerned, I think its golden. You could tailor the shape of your light cone to the surface area of each plant, like an hps tuxedo. The question is who is going to pioneer this as yet untested theory?

Holy shit dude! I deal with fiber optics all friggen day.. (Networking).. And when making a FO end piece (a $20,000 tool) to connect, if the alignment isn't exactly right, you can see a huge glow. Would be perfect for up close multiple bud locations. But then you have 2 choices. In the IT biz, we use LED and laser for light transmission. Then in order to share the light, it would need whats called a multiplexer. Basically it's a way to divide conversations but in this case light sources. Could be set at 1000mbps and this means even though the light source is uninterrupted, the multiplexer could provide the same amount of light to each bud without degradation. ON & OFF a 100,000 times a second. INTERESTING INDEED!

I knew it was only a matter of time before mankind started growing ganja with lasers. :) I love this century.

I knew it was only a matter of time before mankind started growing ganja with lasers. :) I love this century.
LMAO dude.. But you have no idea how real this idea of yours is.. Contact admin and delete this post...

Heat from the bulb if any would be negated since the fo cables transmit the light, line of sight with the bulb doesn't matter, you could lst with the cables, and efficiency shoots through the roof with accurate cable placement. Now if only it was foolproof and or possible.

oh and afn is for sharing. Same with my smoke. Pull up a chair and lets brainstorm.
:toke:

Reactions: JM
There wouldn't be a bulb. The light for the end source would be extremely low. Laser or LED, thats what's used. No bulb. In order to share the same single light source a multiplexer is needed.

I guess I imagined a Medusa of fo cable and a hps bulb at one end and an autoberry at the other. Works in my head but reality and my imagination rarely coincide.

I guess I imagined a Medusa of fo cable and a hps bulb at one end and an autoberry at the other. Works in my head but reality and my imagination rarely coincide.

Actually you are really close to reality on this one! Trust me on this. Minus the bulb. No high intensity directed light source such as a laser or led.. Not a LED found in a grow lamp. I am talking about one that is meant for 1000 meters over dual channel fiber. VERY BRIGHT!!

Back