New Grower Finally after 5 year of waiting, decided it's time for a new Grow.

Just emptied an old fabric pot of soil on a harvested plant and there was hardly any roots in the pot.
10 litre pot and only the top few inches had any roots. No roots on the bottom or edges.
So it's looks like I have been messing up my watering big time.

Hopefully I get it right next time.

Just emptied an old fabric pot of soil on a harvested plant and there was hardly any roots in the pot.
10 litre pot and only the top few inches had any roots. No roots on the bottom or edges.
So it's looks like I have been messing up my watering big time.

Hopefully I get it right next time.
I started using a pump sprayer to help me slow my watering down and making sure to soak the entire pot. It's probably one of the hardest parts of growing indoors.

I started using a pump sprayer to help me slow my watering down and making sure to soak the entire pot. It's probably one of the hardest parts of growing indoors.
I agree @DDubs, I do have a pump sprayer, maybe I was watering too quickly or not enough.
Back to the drawing board.

I agree @DDubs, I do have a pump sprayer, maybe I was watering too quickly or not enough.
Back to the drawing board.
I've been using Dynomyco these past few grows and I can definitly see an improvement in root growth and health.

I agree dynomyco is good stuff but if the pot is dry it’s not going to do much.

I have gone to only using a pump sprayer when top watering the soil girls. I also use a timer watering each pot in 30-60sec intervals. After I go around all the girls 1-2 times I walk away and go smoke a bong do something for 15-20min then come back do another round of watering. Giving time for each watering to soak in rather then run down the sides. It takes time but it’s not like I have to do it everyday. When I growing in grow bags only I would do this till runoff. Not so much anymore but what I am getting at is I’ve seen and have read that grow bags make it difficult to over water especially once the plant is established and into flower

Don't forget you guys, watering the right way introduces tremendous amounts of oxygen to the roots. Do it slowly and try to divide the liquid over the entire surface. Give the water the time to soak in before you add more. If you listen carefully you hear a "rice crispy" like sound, which is the water subsiding and sucking air into the gaps it previously resided in.
The sprayer is a great idea, but the concoctions I now make will not go through the nozzle, so I use a lenght of aquarium airhose. The diameter is key and dictates the amount of liquid you can introduce. If need be one could always squeeze the hose and even less liquid will go through. And just like with the sprayer, this aides in giving not to much in one go.
I knew a guy once who watered his plants with a shot glass...same idea, but he knew exactly how much liquid he gave each plant, which he noted down meticulously in his red book :note:

Back