Grow Mediums First AutoPot grow Bum Wine and Sour Raspberry Kush

@Nosias yes I was top feeding and before planting I had thoroughly watered both pots, me thinks more than really needed.

@pop22 I too have always transplanted before. I start seed and transplant in my vegetable garden routinely simce always. I have also always done so in the eight or so successful autoflower grows I've done so far.

I just bought into the it's better idea to start in thw final pot. I tried it it didn't work for me this go. Im sure it was me and not the method.

Not saying up potting is better just saying it's better for me :toke::toke:

I have started a blue dream matic from 420 fast buds. Started in a jiffy pellet, then into a 1 gallon. Its already wider than the others in just four days above ground, and green green.

Starting another Wickedpissah Sour Raspberry Kush, and a Gorilla Glue Auto. Niether one is showing yet.

I'll get a pic of the new Blue Dream this evening.

Thanks so much for watching and giving feedback!!!!!!
Ok. I am just a bit curious why the top is so dry.. Are you using plain coco? I guess my coco is always wet but then again I use the small 2.2 gal pots. Keep growing and smile, Life is too short so we always come back to do it again.

Oh I get ya. Yes me too I am pondering and thinking and learning even when it goes wrong!!!!!!

I think I over saturated my soil right from the start. Its new to me soil. As part of my new venture into autopots I also am using a better quality soil than I used to.

I am using a soil called My Bohemian (Pot)ing Soil. Yes "(Pot)ing Soil" is exactly how they spell it on the bag.:biggrin: It's a local mix from The Ground Up containing worm casting, expanded shale, mycorrhzal, biochar, organic compost, aged pine bark, basalt sand, and coco coir.

I'll admit it was probably not an issue with the soil or pots in and of itself. I believe I way over saturated the pots to begin with then put my little sprouts right in there. The bottom got too soggy and just couldn't dry. I really have learned things though.

I noticed roots in the top dry layer. I believe they would rather take their chance in the dry than grow down into the soggy layer and for sure suffocate.

I think it was so wet the roots wouldn't go down. They wanted to stay on top where I was watering. When I realized the bottom was way to wet I stopped top watering in an effort to dry it out. The upper layer would get too dry and damage what roots I was making.

I have stopped watering all together. One has been on the res even though looking back I shouldn't have. It is starting to grow up again but hasn't grown wider at all. Its 35 days old and only 6.5 inches tall. It has grown 1.5 inchs over the last six days.

I now understand stunting and over watering a lot better. I have always been an outdoor gardener. I do all my own landscaping etc... This indoor stuff definitely has some.distinct differences. Outdoors you just don't think too much about over watering. Outdoors you're way more concerned about not watering enough!!!!!

Here she is ~35 days old and barely 8" tall, maybe 4" wide and very pale.
IMG_20210426_080436.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my youngest she is Blue Dream Matic from 420 Fastbuds.

IMG_20210426_080430.jpg

I germinated the seed in a jiffy puck then to a 20 oz seedling cup until the leaves reached the edge, then to a 1gal. She is almost to the edge of the 1 gal already.

She is a bit over 5" wide at 6 days old.

Like pop22 said you know it went well when ypu see new growth almost immediately after transplant.

Her forever home will be a 3.9 gallon AutoPot.

When this one and two others are ready I will put the stunted girls out of their misery. I need the space and pots!!!

Howdy!!!!!! Thanks for stopping by!!!!!!

I have pulled the smallest of the original two, the larger will go soon. I sure messed them up!!!!!

I will continue on here until I get it figured out. Technically it's still my first Autopot grow.

Blue Dream Matic is coming along nicely. She is now in her final 3.9 gallon AutoPot.

Here she is in her 1 gal. just before transplant.
IMG_20210428_131012.jpg

Right after transplant into 3.9 gal Autopot.
IMG_20210428_131407.jpg

This morning she's looking just fine in the forever home!!!
IMG_20210429_075730.jpg

Thanks for watching and many thanks for the feedback!!!!

Good morning everyone!!!!!

Blue Dream is enjoying the 3.9 gal pot!!! She was 5.5 wide and 2 inches tall on Tuesday when I transplanted. She is now 8.5 in wide and 3.25 in tall :woohoo:
IMG_20210430_091933.jpg

She is 10 days old now, and at the fourth node. I do not plan to top, I will do some basic lst.

soil/perlite
RO water
MegaCrop at 550 PPM
PH at 6.5

Thanks for stopping by!!! All feed back welcome!!!! :pass:

Hope y'all are having a wonderful day!!!! :smokeout:

Blue Dream Matic is growing fast!!! I hope she continues to do this well.

Water RO 15 PPM
MegaCrop 459 PPM every watering
PH 6.4

Here she is 11.5 inches wide and 5.5 inches tall. Pretty good growth rate. She is at 15 days above ground I will turn the system on shortly.

IMG_20210504_115801.jpg

Morning!!!!!!

Blue Dream is growing fast!!! I turned the system on Tuesday. She jumped in growth in those couple days!!!
IMG_20210506_064554.jpg

I have a Gorilla Glue Auto coming along nicely.
IMG_20210506_064600.jpg

Blue Dream Matic is getting big!!!!! I'm really glad I got this Autopot System. I am so looking forward to leaving for a few days and not having someone water. This is my first time using one but wow....Once you turn it on it is just keep it full and watch em grow!!!

RO water 5 PPM
MegaCrop 550 PPM
Ph 6.5

IMG_20210516_075846.jpg

Thanks for watching!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!! I just can't fathom how fast this plant is growing. I can't say it's all the Autopot or the MegaCrop as I'm new to both. Could be the seed is just a special one.

I have done a little bit of LST just to spread out some branches. No defoliation or pruning.

I sure hope I don't run out of headspace!!!!! She's getting taller by the minute it seems, 26.5 inches now.

IMG_20210518_103005.jpg
IMG_20210518_102949.jpg

Back