New Grower First Grow! - Fast Buds: Cream Cookies

Im late to the party as well and enjoyed the read, our state just went legal :bow: and im on my first grow now 7 plants total 5 fastbuds. I may have started too many but screw it, its a legalization party. I found your success inspiring thanks for sharing your venture! Cant wait to see the final weight.

Congrats on the legalisation! If only the rest of the world could follow as quickly...

Glad my journal has been a good read for you, will be sure to update once I get chance to cut and dry.

Hey @Frank56 just flicked through your journal.. first grow eh.. u little tease.. no way!! Only kidding.. this is probably the best first grow I've ever seen m8.. no shit.. you have absolutely smashed it to iddy biddy pieces.. stunning plant.. well done sir.. you've got skillz :toke:

Cheers brother, that's some high praise!!

Day 78

Today was meant to be chop day, but with the heat we're having at the moment, I wouldn't be able to pull my drying conditions down below 28c, which is way too high for my liking. Going to push through to what's looking like day 83/84,

As such, lights were turned back on 24 hours into the dark period. - also had to lower them and drop the wattage to keep heat in check... not ideal, but she'll be fine. She's on plain PHed water only now.

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Awesome first grow! Very nicely done, man. I saw you mention earlier that you hope you get at least a zip of dry bud. As @fauxnacho said, you'll blow past that. How will you dry them?

Day 78

Today was meant to be chop day, but with the heat we're having at the moment, I wouldn't be able to pull my drying conditions down below 28c, which is way too high for my liking. Going to push through to what's looking like day 83/84,

As such, lights were turned back on 24 hours into the dark period. - also had to lower them and drop the wattage to keep heat in check... not ideal, but she'll be fine. She's on plain PHed water only now.

View attachment 1345250

View attachment 1345251

View attachment 1345252

Faaaaaaat colas m8.. beautiful :d5:

Day 78

View attachment 1345250

View attachment 1345251

View attachment 1345252
Very nice indeed

Awesome first grow! Very nicely done, man. I saw you mention earlier that you hope you get at least a zip of dry bud. As @fauxnacho said, you'll blow past that. How will you dry them?

Cheers brother! So the plan is to use the same environment, but of course, without the light. The cabinet holds between 55 and 60 RH at lights off, which is more than good enough for me. I plan to remove each branch and hang separately.

4" inline extraction fan running 24/7, with 5x 4" passive intakes.
Tower fan facing the walls on lowest oscillate setting.

Hoping that, with reduced temperatures in the coming week, they won't dry too fast, and instead the drying will take between 10 and 14 days. Once that's done, it's into jars for the cure! I'll be sure to post these steps here, too.

Day 80

No visual update today, but lights have gone off for the last time (for real this time). I'm absolutely done dealing with this heat, and feel that 32c in the cabinet is doing more harm than good at this point, so will ride it out until Friday evening in complete darkness. I've had to drop the power of the light to 25% and lower it to like 10".

Although the weather certainly isn't helping, the MH TS1000 doesn't half kick out some heat for a low wattage LED... might look at alternatives next grow. The light is great outside of the heat it generates; on full power, it brings my cabinet up 6 or 7c, which if I was to do that now, would have me at 36c!!

Day 82 will be the official chop day!

CHOP DAY!

Spent far too long trimming this plant today, but the final wet weight is 10oz! Will be hanging to dry now, more pics to follow shortly.

5.jpg

Decided not to turn the fan on out of fear of drying the buds out too quickly - will remove it at some point when I can be bothered wiring the plug back on. Conditions are a very consistent 60RH and 23c, which I'll take all day long, despite the temp being a bit on the high side (beats 30c from last week!)

Also managed to collect 2oz of wet sugar leaves, so will create some butter out of them eventually (frozen for now).

A quick shot of the improvised drying room, and a lot of stolen pegs from the missus (I'm sure she won't notice...).

6.jpg

Last edited:
Back