Bluefightingfish

New User
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm a newbie grower but long time stoner looking to start my first grow, I have a greenhouse set up, I'm currently soaking seeds for 36 hours in the dark then sowing directly into 12.5 ltr pots tomorow and leave the lady's in the greenhouse (143 x 73 x 195cm) to germanate .... I believe with my soil mix it may be unwise to feed veg nutrients as the soil should be sufficient untill week 5ish? Also I hope to LST the plants and then use Plant Magic Oldtimer Bloom around week 5, I have a 180ltr very mature fresh water aquarium witch holds a constant pH of 7, I plan to feed my grow with my tank water is this a bad idear from reading alot of fourms some say yes some say no anybody have first hand experience? any suggestions to help me out are greatly appreciated

Seeds
Rhino Ryder Auto - fast buds x 1 (soaking)
Dark Devil Auto (SWS38) – Sweet Seeds x 1(soaking)
Skunk #1 Automatic - Sensi Seeds x 3 (in the Post)

Soil mix
3 kg coco grow
4 kg Westland John Innes No.2 Potting-On
8kg Garden Compost
1kg Worm Castings
175g Westland Fish, Blood and Bone All Purpose Plant Food

Pots: 12.5ltr x 5

Climate: South Coast England

Thanks guys ‍♂️✌️

Look up Aquaponics. Done correctly you can water
Your plants with live fish aquariums. May need a larger tank or multiple tanks. It is a progression from one tank to another simple but complex. I know nothing about it. Research.

Hi guys I'm a newbie grower but long time stoner looking to start my first grow, I have a greenhouse set up, I'm currently soaking seeds for 36 hours in the dark then sowing directly into 12.5 ltr pots tomorow and leave the lady's in the greenhouse (143 x 73 x 195cm) to germanate .... I believe with my soil mix it may be unwise to feed veg nutrients as the soil should be sufficient untill week 5ish? Also I hope to LST the plants and then use Plant Magic Oldtimer Bloom around week 5, I have a 180ltr very mature fresh water aquarium witch holds a constant pH of 7, I plan to feed my grow with my tank water is this a bad idear from reading alot of fourms some say yes some say no anybody have first hand experience? any suggestions to help me out are greatly appreciated

Seeds
Rhino Ryder Auto - fast buds x 1 (soaking)
Dark Devil Auto (SWS38) – Sweet Seeds x 1(soaking)
Skunk #1 Automatic - Sensi Seeds x 3 (in the Post)

Soil mix
3 kg coco grow
4 kg Westland John Innes No.2 Potting-On
8kg Garden Compost
1kg Worm Castings
175g Westland Fish, Blood and Bone All Purpose Plant Food

Pots: 12.5ltr x 5

Climate: South Coast England

Thanks guys ‍♂✌

rhino ryder for the win! :yay: heya @Doxzagen and :welcome: to afn! :toke: i personally wouldn't water with aquarium water :nono: but that'z jus me :shrug: offhand, i'd say either @Waira or @Mañ'O'Green would have better input on such matterz ;) great commune here & anything u need, jus give a holler :thumbsup:

ppp & :goodluck:

:420:
unnamed (4).jpg

rhino ryder for the win! :yay: heya @Doxzagen and :welcome: to afn! :toke: i personally wouldn't water with aquarium water :nono: but that'z jus me :shrug: offhand, i'd say either @Waira or @Mañ'O'Green would have better input on such matterz ;) great commune here & anything u need, jus give a holler :thumbsup:

:420:View attachment 1189898
You need to look at the inputes to your aquarium. Are you using a stabilizer in the aquarium if so you cannot use the water for plants. They are designed to lock-up heavy metals and will lock out all of the trace metals you need in the grow. The next problem is the PH is too high you will want about 6.4. Look at anything else you are adding to the aquarium for problems in a grow. Aquaponics is done with fish and living plants in the pond with no artificial additives. I tried this once and It makes your weed taste like a fish pond.

:goodluck:

You need to look at the inputes to your aquarium. Are you using a stabilizer in the aquarium if so you cannot use the water for plants. They are designed to lock-up heavy metals and will lock out all of the trace metals you need in the grow. The next problem is the PH is too high you will want about 6.4. Look at anything else you are adding to the aquarium for problems in a grow. Aquaponics is done with fish and living plants in the pond with no artificial additives. I tried this once and It makes your weed taste like a fish pond.

:420:View attachment 1189898
Thank alot for the warm welcome really appreciate it

Look up Aquaponics. Done correctly you can water
Your plants with live fish aquariums. May need a larger tank or multiple tanks. It is a progression from one tank to another simple but complex. I know nothing about it. Research.
Thank bud much appreciated

Thanks so much for the advice my tank is stable but after your advice I think I'm just going to regulate ph and go with tap water ‍♂️

Day number 3
So I got my pH down to 6.5 this is pics from day number 3 first little auto shoots it's incredibly satisfying after being a straight stoner for over 15 years now growing my own just seems so right, I've taken a sabbatical from smoking and have told myself my treat is to smoke my own crop I guess if I can get there the first toke will be pritty sweet :smoking:I've made a make shift propagator out of a 100ltr fish tank with some old LEDs I had lying around I am running it in the night so the girls are getting 24hr light atm outdoor and indoor is this too much? I started off planing to grow just 2 auto's its snowballed :mrgreen: I now have my gf envoled we have 10 different vegetables in garden planters 5 different fruit plants and 20 different types of chilli's growing from Reepers to Tokyo hot I guess it looks like good cover for any nosiey neighbours I been lugging a lot of compost around like alot :oops1:
Lockdown is definitely getting green fingered :shooty:
P. S
I'm now researching in depth with the view to setting up a grow 4ftx4ft led tent indoors

Any advice on a suitable light and ventilation set up I can get in the UK would be grate

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200516_191814_compress22.jpg
    IMG_20200516_191814_compress22.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG-20200516-WA0001_compress84.jpg
    IMG-20200516-WA0001_compress84.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 54
So I got my pH down to 6.5 this is pics from day number 3 first little auto shoots it's incredibly satisfying after being a straight stoner for over 15 years now growing my own just seems so right, I've taken a sabbatical from smoking and have told myself my treat is to smoke my own crop I guess if I can get there the first toke will be pritty sweet :smoking:I've made a make shift propagator out of a 100ltr fish tank with some old LEDs I had lying around I am running it in the night so the girls are getting 24hr light atm outdoor and indoor is this too much? I started off planing to grow just 2 auto's its snowballed :mrgreen: I now have my gf envoled we have 10 different vegetables in garden planters 5 different fruit plants and 20 different types of chilli's growing from Reepers to Tokyo hot I guess it looks like good cover for any nosiey neighbours I been lugging a lot of compost around like alot :oops1:
Lockdown is definitely getting green fingered :shooty:
P. S
I'm now researching in depth with the view to setting up a grow 4ftx4ft led tent indoors

Any advice on a suitable light and ventilation set up I can get in the UK would be grate

Thanks

into the brave new world! :yay: ppp

Back