First time grow - Procurement

Bluebuds

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hi All! Great to be part of the community so far everything I’ve seen in here is been a massive help, however there are a couple of things I’m still unsure about, and welcoming any tips / tricks or general help !
I’ll start with a list of what I have so far:

-Banana Blaze seed
-Sweet ZZ seed
-Propagator kit
-Ecothrive Coco lite (coco and perlite medium)
-Biobizz Bloom
-Biobizz Grow
-2x 7.5L fabric pots
-1x 11L pot (included with seeds - I feel maybe too big)
-grow light (relatively cheap one, but very bright - states it’s full spectrum but when all of the leds are on which it has blue and red ones the light has a pink tinge to it rather than white- it’s does have uv & ir diodes amongst the leds too. Considered maybe replacing with a Mars hydro T600 / T1000 as I see a lot of people using these)
- 70x70cm grow tent
- couple of 6” usb cooling fans
-ph pen

And I think that’s just about it. What I am still unsure is if I have made the right choice with the potting medium & nutrients, or if I will need anything else on top of the biobizz ones (or if they’re even any good). After ordering I read that Biobizz lite mix is quite ideal as it keeps itself at the correct PH and I kind of wish I got that instead

I also am unsure about extractor fans / carbon filters. Is it necessary to have one? If so, does it need to be on 24/7 or do you set it to go off with the lights (planning to go 18/6 cycle) and lastly will a 4” on suffice for my tent.
I’m interested in the intelligent ones that measure the humidity/temp and adjust accordingly such as the Cloudline T4, but open to recommendations if people think it’s not worth paying extra for that functionality.

anyway I hope someone is able to help ease my mind on this as I am constantly reading and think ‘damn, I chose the wrong thing’ !

i should add at this point too that I only plan on grown 2 maybe 3 plants :)

look forward to hearing from some of you !

J

I’ll pipe in and try to help, newish to indoor myself. 6-7 cycles so far. Maybe more??? So no experience with biobizz or ecothrive but I’ve heard good things about biobizz nutes. I use promix premium moisture soil from Walmart and it works for me, not top of the line but it works. Your pots are 2 gal and 3 gal pots equivalent. Those will do just fine. I use 3 gal cloth pots indoor but going to 5gal SIP buckets when the outdoor autos are done. 70x70 = 27”x27” so between 2’ and 3’ . I’ve done 3 in a 2’x2’ closet and they grew… but best yield for autos was 2 plants in there. Or could do a Scrog grow and maximize the light usage. For ventilation the 4” should work. Get an inkbird temp controller and attach extractor to cooling outlet. Then set temp control. It’ll only come on when threshold is reached and shut off when low is achieved. For lights? I used a hollandstar x5 200-250 watt led pinkish in color for first and second grow. It worked but there are better options. I have a MH ts1000 and TS 600 and they were a definite upgrade and more reliable than the hollandstar. Soil is forgiving for ph but you should ph your water to see what your starting with. Hope this helps. Any questions and I’ll try to help more! Happy growing!!!

Hi All! Great to be part of the community so far everything I’ve seen in here is been a massive help, however there are a couple of things I’m still unsure about, and welcoming any tips / tricks or general help !

-Banana Blaze seed
-Sweet ZZ seed
-Propagator kit
-Biobizz Bloom
-Biobizz Grow
-2x 7.5L fabric pots
-grow light (relatively cheap one, but very bright - states it’s full spectrum but when all of the leds are on which it has blue and red ones the light has a pink tinge to it rather than white- it’s does have uv & ir diodes amongst the leds too. Considered maybe replacing with a Mars hydro T600 / T1000 as I see a lot of people using these)
- 70x70cm grow tent
-ph pen

And I think that’s just about it. What I am still unsure is if I have made the right choice with the potting medium & nutrients, or if I will need anything else on top of the biobizz ones (or if they’re even any good). After ordering I read that Biobizz lite mix is quite ideal as it keeps itself at the correct PH and I kind of wish I got that instead

I also am unsure about extractor fans / carbon filters. Is it necessary to have one? If so, does it need to be on 24/7 or do you set it to go off with the lights (planning to go 18/6 cycle) and lastly will a 4” on suffice for my tent.
I’m interested in the intelligent ones that measure the humidity/temp and adjust accordingly such as the Cloudline T4, but open to recommendations if people think it’s not worth paying extra for that functionality.

anyway I hope someone is able to help ease my mind on this as I am constantly reading and think ‘damn, I chose the wrong thing’ !

J
Hello and welcome to afn that all seams about right get a EC pen as you will need one and blurpurple lights are wank to be honest you can grow with them but spider farmer sf1000 or a mars ts1000 will give you a better grow in general i like spider better then mars. cloudline are banging that what i use but t6 version you would not be disapointed with it. i would say 2 plants would be more then enough to fill your tent and coco is the way to go as you dont get bugs and shit flying around and you have a bit more control in coco i grow in both coco and soil i love coco out off the 2
Hope this helps need any more info there are loads of superb growers on here

I’ll pipe in and try to help, newish to indoor myself. 6-7 cycles so far. Maybe more??? So no experience with biobizz or ecothrive but I’ve heard good things about biobizz nutes. I use promix premium moisture soil from Walmart and it works for me, not top of the line but it works. Your pots are 2 gal and 3 gal pots equivalent. Those will do just fine. I use 3 gal cloth pots indoor but going to 5gal SIP buckets when the outdoor autos are done. 70x70 = 27”x27” so between 2’ and 3’ . I’ve done 3 in a 2’x2’ closet and they grew… but best yield for autos was 2 plants in there. Or could do a Scrog grow and maximize the light usage. For ventilation the 4” should work. Get an inkbird temp controller and attach extractor to cooling outlet. Then set temp control. It’ll only come on when threshold is reached and shut off when low is achieved. For lights? I used a hollandstar x5 200-250 watt led pinkish in color for first and second grow. It worked but there are better options. I have a MH ts1000 and TS 600 and they were a definite upgrade and more reliable than the hollandstar. Soil is forgiving for ph but you should ph your water to see what your starting with. Hope this helps. Any questions and I’ll try to help more! Happy growing!!!

Amazing, thanks for the reply. Think I will definitely try and use the Scrog technique. Have seen the term mentioned in here but didn’t previously know what it was, just had a read up though and I don’t see why I wouldn’t at least try it, with some light LST in its early stages.
Will look into the inkbird too.
glad the nutrients sound okay. I’m reading good things and starting to get excited now Think I will ditch the cheapo light in that case and go for one that you guys have mentioned!

Hello and welcome to afn that all seams about right get a EC pen as you will need one and blurpurple lights are wank to be honest you can grow with them but spider farmer sf1000 or a mars ts1000 will give you a better grow in general i like spider better then mars. cloudline are banging that what i use but t6 version you would not be disapointed with it. i would say 2 plants would be more then enough to fill your tent and coco is the way to go as you dont get bugs and shit flying around and you have a bit more control in coco i grow in both coco and soil i love coco out off the 2
Hope this helps need any more info there are loads of superb growers on here

Nice thanks for the info and confirming what was in my head haha. At this point it all helps, I think I have over-read in some topics, and feel like the more I read the less I know . So for EC pens would you use that in the soil or the water, and what exactly is it that I am measuring for ?

Update : Ordered the cloud line t4, & EC pen!
What other nutes are needed , or will it be fine with just the grow & bloom ?

Update : Ordered the cloud line t4, & EC pen!
What other nutes are needed , or will it be fine with just the grow & bloom ?
Hello keep it simple if this is your first grow try not to make things difficult those nutes would be fine on there own you could add a bloom boster if bio bizz do one try to keep the same line of nutes dont use other brands as it can put it all out of balance and your EC pen is for mesuring ppm of your nute solution's have you got ph up and ph down solution as you will need them to get your ph right

Hi there bud, you sound like me on my first grow lol, easy to over read and over think it all, keep it as simple as you can, one day at a time. I use the same coco as you are. Ecothrive light with charge 70/30, . Seemed ok to me so I’m using it on my 2 nd grow aswell. Have you read up on watering techniques with coco ? Stick around buddy we’re all here to help you along, best place to be . And welcome :d5:

:welcome:

yes overthinking it can kill,,the best advice it keep it simple :thumbsup: , blurples are underrated they just not as efficient so dont worry :smoking:
The only problem i see is that the biobizz nutes are good the coco mix you have is good , they just not a great mix together,,,the biobizz light would have been the best choice,,,now it wouldn't be a disaster if you tried together just not best option.

option 1 stick

option 2 keep medium change nutes

option 3 keep nutes and buy biobizz light

if you go option 3 i would suggest getting some #Biotabs Boom Boom as a foliar spray and some of their PK feed and and a bag of Oldtimer Organic Granules or similiar and you can keep the ec / ph pens in box till you run the coco :thumbsup:

not a scooby do about coco but lots around who are so have fun growing ,,:pighug:

-Banana Blaze seed
-Sweet ZZ seed
-Propagator kit
-Biobizz Bloom
-Biobizz Grow
-2x 7.5L fabric pots
- 70x70cm grow tent
-ph pen

J
:welcome: Your going to have a blast mate. Growing in coco in your size tent is going to fill it quick. 3 would be over kill. 2 might be too much also. Get as good a light as you can afford. The Mars Hydro Ts1000 would be good for that size or even the 2000. I would always go for an extraction system to try keep heat & Humidity in check. Resident coco expert is @St. Tom. Prepare, learn and you’ll be good. Nothing better than reaching into a jar for some of your own home grown!

Back