First time grow - Procurement

:welcome: Your going to have a blast mate. Growing in coco in your size tent is going to fill it quick. 3 would be over kill. 2 might be too much also. Get as good a light as you can afford. The Mars Hydro Ts1000 would be good for that size or even the 2000. I would always go for an extraction system to try keep heat & Humidity in check. Resident coco expert is @St. Tom. Prepare, learn and you’ll be good. Nothing better than reaching into a jar for some of your own home grown!
thanks bro i wish i was an expert i do ok though also @Bluebuds i will tag are nutrition guy in but he won't log in till later on @Mañ'O'Green . also i think what you have will be fine equipment-wise your extraction fan will run 24/7 the carbon filter is only really needed for the smell and later down the line they will stink so don't cheap out on the fan and carbon filter

Hi all! Thanks for all the info I think combined you have answered all the big question marks (so far !!) :cheers: so thanks!
Pretty much everything was delivered today, it’s like Christmas here and I feel like a massive kid, missed delivery on the coco mix though so I’ve to wait until Monday before I can get fully up and running.

I will update you all though hopefully with some photos once I have assembled and successfully germinated my first little new best friends :lol: I think I will try and just run the single plant to begin and see how I get on with the kit I’ve got (nutrients etc).

I was given a free seed by zamnesia ‘Blue monster’ anyone with any experience / is it worth the energy. Was thinking as it’s free it’s probably not going to be as nice as the others I have ordered!

Again thanks for all taking the time to reply & help me here! Will try my best to keep you all updated with how it pans out

Hi all! Thanks for all the info I think combined you have answered all the big question marks (so far !!) :cheers: so thanks!
Pretty much everything was delivered today, it’s like Christmas here and I feel like a massive kid, missed delivery on the coco mix though so I’ve to wait until Monday before I can get fully up and running.

I will update you all though hopefully with some photos once I have assembled and successfully germinated my first little new best friends :lol: I think I will try and just run the single plant to begin and see how I get on with the kit I’ve got (nutrients etc).

I was given a free seed by zamnesia ‘Blue monster’ anyone with any experience / is it worth the energy. Was thinking as it’s free it’s probably not going to be as nice as the others I have ordered!

Again thanks for all taking the time to reply & help me here! Will try my best to keep you all updated with how it pans out
Hello look forward to seeing your set up running and free seeds are just as good as any other seed

Update
Just a quick update for you all.
So (one of) my seedlings popped yesterday and looks happy so far, I think. one has done nothing (blue pot) and the other has the shoot almost coming out but seems to have gotten stuck, and doesn’t want to show his face any more than he has ! I started these 3 days ago now, and put them under the light 18/6 yesterday after the middle one grew to where he is in the picture.
I have ordered the Biobizz light mix as well and I’m really stuck on which to use. My coco mix is ‘buffered’ but have tried to find out what exactly that means with no luck, as I can’t seem to find many people actually using it. (Ecothrive Coco lite- 70/30 coco perlite mix)

Unsure when to transplant the one that progressed the most, from what I see, I should do it when he has his first ‘proper’ leaves on display which should be any day now.

I haven’t watered since putting them in the pots, but I did let the pots Absorb some nutrient filled water before placing the seeds in there. The propagator I have is currently sitting at 24 degrees (Celsius) inside, but today I opened a vent as I notice what looked like a bit of mould on the top layer of soil on the green pot.

Attachments

• EA20A268-2FB4-4683-A0A1-F4912AB8401A.jpeg
    EA20A268-2FB4-4683-A0A1-F4912AB8401A.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 32
Hello, I've also jus started my seedlings and seem to have an issue with the ecothrive if someone with experience of using it could chime in....my seeds sprouted for 2 day they were fine then I added my feeds very low 0.5ml per litre and then I started to get nite burn.
I didn't realize but the 'charge' in the Coco isn't jus beneficial bacteria it's also contains npk....so I had to flush them they will survive but good job I caught it in time. Does anyone else have this issue? Seems very hot to me or should I have jus used plain water?

Hello, I've also jus started my seedlings and seem to have an issue with the ecothrive if someone with experience of using it could chime in....my seeds sprouted for 2 day they were fine then I added my feeds very low 0.5ml per litre and then I started to get nite burn.
I didn't realize but the 'charge' in the Coco isn't jus beneficial bacteria it's also contains npk....so I had to flush them they will survive but good job I caught it in time. Does anyone else have this issue? Seems very hot to me or should I have jus used plain water?

Thanks for the heads up! Glad you managed to save them just in time too. Will bear this in mind. Did you go straight in water with nutes after repotting? I was thinking of feeding just water for the first week or so to ease them in

I did a initial water in 15l pots with 1.5l water and Cal mag, seed popped next watering was the same but I started with 0.5ml/l Coco ab nutes then upped to 1ml/l after second set of leaves forming. One sprout got burnt quite bad the others just start of brown tips. This is my first run with Coco so maybe I made a mistake but I'm quite sure it was the nutes in the Coco that caused this I also found to posts on other forums regarding the same issue ...maybe go easy on strength at this stage. Also I didn't flush my Coco jus used it straight out the bag but I think I might nxt time.

that's what @hairyman ment with it being more difficult for a beginner, since your medium is pre charged with nutrients you gotta wait until that charge is depleted and then get a feeding.

coco being buffered simply means it will hold it's ph level better and not suck calcium or magnesium from the feed you put in.

a cheapo blurple light is totally fine for a first few grows, so long as it isn't a fire hazard. once you know if this is something for you, you can always spring for a better light. now while mars hydro is repped here and many users grow plants using their luminaries they are a beginner option and imo on par with blurples, especially when you have them tested by an independent lab and don't go by the numbers on their site.

most of all: keep it simple and relax. it's a weed, it'll grow in a crack in the concrete if you let it

Back