First time grower / Pre-grow questions.

Reaction score
Hello! Thank you reading and helping out a beginner grower!

Set Up
Grow Tent: VIVOSUN 24"x24"x48"
Light: 105w Bee-01
Fans:
1 Clip on fan / 1 USB mini fan
Inline duct fan: AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T4
Carbon Filter:
Vivosun 4 in Air filter
Seeds: Auto flower mix pack (Amnesia haze/Northern lights/Blueberry) from ILGM
Pottery: Vivosun 1 gallon Fabric pots

Other Equipment
pH Measure: Apera pH tester kit
Humidifier

My Questions:
1) What is a beginner medium I can use? ( I was leaning towards Biobizz light mix or Mother Earth's Coco/Perlite mix)
2) What kind of nutrients would be paired with either one of those mediums?
3) Is there a medium/nutrient mix you recommend that's easy / cheap for someone that just wants to grow 1-2 plants. (i have very limited space and prefer not to mix my own soil / coco mix)
4) Any other advice is appreciated!

AT THE VERY LEAST:
I just want to know a good medium to start with and a good nutrient line to pair with that medium. Thank you for your help.

P.S: I haven't started growing anything yet, still waiting on stuff to arrive.

Hello! Thank you reading and helping out a beginner grower!

Set Up
Grow Tent: VIVOSUN 24"x24"x48"
Light: 105w Bee-01
Fans:
1 Clip on fan / 1 USB mini fan
Inline duct fan: AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T4
Carbon Filter:
Vivosun 4 in Air filter
Seeds: Auto flower mix pack (Amnesia haze/Northern lights/Blueberry) from ILGM
Pottery: Vivosun 1 gallon Fabric pots

Other Equipment
pH Measure: Apera pH tester kit
Humidifier

My Questions:
1) What is a beginner medium I can use? ( I was leaning towards Biobizz light mix or Mother Earth's Coco/Perlite mix)
2) What kind of nutrients would be paired with either one of those mediums?
3) Is there a medium/nutrient mix you recommend that's easy / cheap for someone that just wants to grow 1-2 plants. (i have very limited space and prefer not to mix my own soil / coco mix)
4) Any other advice is appreciated!

AT THE VERY LEAST:
I just want to know a good medium to start with and a good nutrient line to pair with that medium. Thank you for your help.

P.S: I haven't started growing anything yet, still waiting on stuff to arrive.

ProMix HP is what I use mixed with 40% additional perlite. I use Greenleafs Mega Crop, Cal/mag pro, and bud explosion. I haven't used either of the mediums mentioned, yet I see both of them used in other grows. The main thing about the medium is porosity, and that is why I add additional perlite. Mega Crop is straightforward and grows some nice plants. There are quite a few on here that use it. It's where I found out about it.
I just looked up the Mother Earth product and that looks ok.

Good luck to you on your first grow and welcome to AFN

If you can get it, Roots Organics Original is mild enough for direct planting. If you don't want to go fully organic with top dressed organic material, 1 part MegaCrop is a simple choice. Get a pen to check ppm and use MegaCrop's feed chart based on total ppm when feeding..
Good luck and happy growing!

For a first grow, I'd like to see your bag size up from 1 gallon to 3 gallon. 1 gallon isn't bad, hell you can grow in a solo cup, but additional medium helps to buffer mistakes some. Other than that, looks like a pretty solid plan.

For a first grow, I'd like to see your bag size up from 1 gallon to 3 gallon. 1 gallon isn't bad, hell you can grow in a solo cup, but additional medium helps to buffer mistakes some. Other than that, looks like a pretty solid plan.
Damn good idea!

Good thing I haven't gotten it yet, I will definitely make this adjustment! Thank you!

ProMix HP is what I use mixed with 40% additional perlite. I use Greenleafs Mega Crop, Cal/mag pro, and bud explosion. I haven't used either of the mediums mentioned, yet I see both of them used in other grows. The main thing about the medium is porosity, and that is why I add additional perlite. Mega Crop is straightforward and grows some nice plants. There are quite a few on here that use it. It's where I found out about it.
I just looked up the Mother Earth product and that looks ok.

Good luck to you on your first grow and welcome to AFN

Thank you for the advice!
I just looked up Promix and that stuff is expensive! haha.

Growing your own weed for .75 cents a gram is great... till you realize a packed full 4x4 can do close to 800 grams. That's $600 a run. I'd be close to half that if I wasn't in Ca and paying 29 cents a KWH. So cheap is relevent.

Back