First time with dry ice: can i process freshly frozen trim?

Smoking Frog

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Rainy day here so it's dry ice time for the first time.Sifting 3 one minute cycle with 73 bag and 2 more with 220 bag.Done dry trim and dry buds so far.
Can i do it with fresh frozen wet trim from 3 days ago? How'bout some buds that have been drying for 3 days?
Thanks for advices!

Yes,it's a widebody pinball glass...
16250748422382767042275349827224.jpg
16250748422382767042275349827224.jpg

They also make bubble hash with water and ice, then press it in a cheesecloth to get rid of the water. So it seems being wet does not matter. You may have to let the coarser hash dry for a spell. As long as you don't press it to make a block of hash you should be OK.
I read this book back in the 1980's titled "The Journeyer". It was about the "untold tales of Marco Polo's adventures". One part said when he traveled through Afghanistan he noticed these naked men running through fields of marijuana. Marco asked his guide about it. The guide told him the men ran through the fields and when they got real sticky they would stop and scrape it off their skin. The sticky stuff was hashish used by the Old Man in the Mountain to drug his assassins so they followed his orders. .

Last edited:
I've been told that you can make ice water hash with fresh harvested weed. Seems you could do the same with dry ice. I've done both but only with weed or trim that I had already dried.

They also make bubble hash with water and ice, then press it in a cheesecloth to get rid of the water. So it seems being wet does not matter. You may have to let the coarser hash dry for a spell. As long as you don't press it to make a block of hash you should be OK.
I read this book back in the 1980's titled "The Journeyer". It was about the "untold tales of Marco Polo's adventures". One part said when he traveled through Afghanistan he noticed these naked men running through fields of marijuana. Marco asked his guide about it. The guide told him the men ran through the fields and when they got real sticky they would stop and scrape it off their skin. The sticky stuff was hashish used by the Old Man in the Mountain to drug his assassins so they followed his orders. .

I like the story of young attractive women going through the field naked better than naked men, but that's just me.

Imagine you'd need to break up the buds as small as you could get them to get the cold in there to freeze all the trichromes and give them room to fall out.

Imagine you'd need to break up the buds as small as you could get them to get the cold in there to freeze all the trichromes and give them room to fall out.
I never bothered to grind or break up dry buds when using dry ice. It instantly flash froze the buds which shatter and the trichomes passes through the bubble bag into bucket.

Dry ice will grind everything to a fine powder if shake too long...

Back