First Timer - Day 20

Enjoimangos

New User
Reaction score
Hello All,

First time grower, It's been an adventure and I can't believe the progress the plants have made in the last week. I have one plant that's been pretty sad since sprouting though, curios to any input someone might have on it's condition? I definitely started off overwatering in the beginning, but have cut back greatly, still unsure about the exact amount of water they should be getting though.

Grow:

3x3 AC infinity Tent
240w LED, set at 60% (around 330 par per the phone app) running 18/6. It hangs 2.5' above the canopy
Temp Range: 75-76 during the day and dropping to 68-69 at night. The rh is currently 60-65% with VPD between .80 - 1.10
Potting Media: 3.5gal Air pots, soil mixture Fox Farm Happy Frog (2/3), Ocean forest (1/3) amended with some additional Perlite, Gaia Green 444, 284, worm castings and some mykos.

I am planning to top dress and water tomorrow morning as it'll be day 21 and I went pretty light on the added nutes when blending my soils (1.5tbsp per gal, instead of recommended 3tbsp per gal).

any input is appreciated

lil_sicko.jpg
updated_Plants.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Enjoimangos :welcome: Welcome to AFN:welcome: You look to have a good start!

Your soil looks a bit on the dry side. What you need to learn about watering will come with practice. Here are the basic rules: Never let the soil dry out. Soil and or coco can become hydrophobic if allowed to dry. This means it repels water. This in turn will create dry pockets in the soil and the roots and microbes will die there. If your soil - coco have accidentally dried out use a surfactant to help re-wet it. I like yucca powder. Don't let soil remain soggy by watering too much too often. Root rot, damping off, molds, fungus gnats and other problems start in soggy soil. When you do water water the entire pot. How to learn when to water starts before you plant the seed. Fill your container with fresh soil/coco and weigh it (heft it) this is the lightest weight and consider it a dry pot. Now slowly water until the soil/coco will no longer absorb the water and run-off begins; weigh the pot (heft it) this is the maximum water, the wettest the pot can get. The difference between wettest and driest is the maximum water weight, for ease of explanation lets just say the water weighs 20 pounds. When the pot loses 10 pounds (half of the water weight) it is time to water again. Slowly wet ALL of the soil until run-off begins. There is an art to watering. Make sure there is an air gap under your pot, you do not want runoff to be reabsorbed and if no air then anaerobic microbes can grow. This is a cause of root rot. Coco can be fertigate many times a day if you want to continually present fresh balanced nutrients to the roots. Begin fertigation 2 hours after lights on and end it 2 hours before lights out.

:toke:

Back