First Try with CS and Easy Ryder

yodabuds

On Parole from the Naughty Step
Reaction score
Made my own CS for the first time tonight... Have in a mini 3oz bottle 40ppm of CS... I have an easy Ryder bout three weeks old or so... Just began to flower, tonight I misted it with the CS... First time trying anything like this... A precursor to my SPED line I want to play with (haven't even smoked any but just the name think different! Love it... Makes me think of the times in elementary school I was in special Ed classes for anything non academic due to my ADHD. Academic wise I was in the "gifted program" I needed to be challenged otherwise I was a menace.. I like to think I just wAs "thinking different" hence the use of sped for special ed...aka think different. Want to cross the TD with all sorts of combo and play around and also in meantime never run out of beans of my own...)
Also if I can get this 18year old strain I found in my desk today I want to revive that! Was a freebie from Gypsy Nirvana...
So any how... Enough of the Yoda I smoked to much ramble...
How shall I proceed with my Easy Ryder from here out? Need your advice folks... How often to spray, for how long etc... Did I start the reversal to late?
Yoda
View attachment 162399
View attachment 162400
As far as nutes during the reversal what should I use or not? Haven't really fed any Nutes other than some 1/2 strength Big Bloom and Grow big and some open sesame.
Watering with RO water supplemented with CalMag
Thanks for any help...would love one of ya guys or all ya to take me under thee wing and teach me how to not have
To depend on a seed bank.
Peace and Love
Yodabuds

Do you have another younger easy rider going to hit with the reversed pollen?
I'd recomed it. Reversal can take awhile.
Timing is harder with autos, they just die out if you keep em to long.

My soil grown Males dont need much for Nutes, mainly water an a bit of veg Nutes.

I used to spray my plants with strong CS twice a day with no damage.
(And I used a pinch of table salt for conductivity when making my CS also.)
Also you can use a dropper to treat just the flowers with a drop if you don't have much CS.
It will reverse fine...

Good luck grower.

My soil grown Males dont need much for Nutes, mainly water an a bit of veg Nutes.

Also you can use a dropper to treat just the flowers with a drop if you don't have much CS.
It will reverse fine...

Good luck grower.

Thanks for the info man! I can make as much CS as I need so will be spraying entire plant, now this sorta throws a screw in the plans as the other easy Ryder I have going is same age... I have two more easy Ryder beans left, wondering if I pop in water right now if I'll be able to time this right? Thinking maybe 10-14 for reversal? Sound about right or too long? Than some time for male to pop, maybe just maybe the ganja gods will smile again on me?!?! Either way I'm going to pop that easy Ryder in now... Thankfully on the Russian dragon project my oldest dragon was a male and is throwing balls out all the time so thinking the other dragons in there are just starting to sex.... Should be ok on that front... Definitely have one confirmed female, one male draon well into flowering mode, and another male from the younger batch...

Thanks alot for the info scarhole! How long did yours take to reverse?

Peace and Love
Yodabuds

It will reverse fine...

Good luck grower.

hello scar , good seeing you here

got one question for ya ,,,,,

why would you polute your cs with salt ? it is completely unneeded when making it

once flowering reversal doesnt take long yoda , so id say try and pollinate the other plant you have going and not plant the other seeds unless you plan on storing the pollin , your timing was fine , too early and you can stunt the plant

peace :cool:

Any chloride ion in the solution will create silver chloride -- a colloid itself--when it comes in contact with silver ions.

Last edited:
Hello MrBob

The Salt was an experiment with extra conductivity when running the DC current threw the water. I have a friend who did It this way so I tried it.
You could watch the water turn grey it made it so fast.
Salt water made strong Cs in an hour instead of 12.
It worked as good as slow made CS IMHO.
Neither seems damaging to plants, and I made it strong.

But neither worked at reversing a single branch as good STS.
Sts is my daisy now...

Last edited:
Thanks alot for the info scarhole! How long did yours take to reverse
?

I'd prolly start Another easy rider after a month.
From the first spray a week before 12/12 , untill I have a plate full of harvested dry pollen ready for freezing takes about 2 months.

Bob is right on over pollenating, It can hurt your yield an weeken the smoke.
But you get a lot of seed to play with...

Hello MrBob

The Salt was an experiment with extra conductivity when running the DC current threw the water. I have a friend who did It this way so I tried it.
You could watch the water turn grey it made it so fast.
Salt water made strong Cs in an hour instead of 12.
It worked as good as slow made CS IMHO.
Neither seems damaging to plants, and I made it strong.

But neither worked at reversing a single branch as good STS.
Sts is my daisy now...

i drink my cs too though so salt is bad , got a couple quotes for why ,,,,,,,

as the silver ions are released from the electrodes they will immediately combine with salts to form silver nitrates , chlorides, and other compounds
The end result is that you you won't get nicely isolated 'bio-available' colloidal silver ions and particles

To make the safest and most beneficial CS you must start with pure distilled or demineralised water. And never add anything like salt or baking soda to the water to speed up the brew.

Do not use any salt as this will form silver chloride, This process is similar to hydrolysis of water and results in some splitting of water into it's components, Hydrogen and Oxygen. The Hydrogen will form small bubbles around one electrode and the oxygen will combine with some of the silver forming silver oxides

my own quote now lol , dont speed up the prosess because you make larger coloids/particles this way (prolly why you like sts better) , smaller is better , therefore id rather wait the 12 hours (spend most of it sleeping) and i dont like harsh chemicals (sts) around the house for any reason

hello InHumboldt , a chloride is not what we want , but thanx for the info

@ everyone , cs is natural , non toxic , doesnt stain , and if spilled on you its actually good for you/healthy

@ yoda and scar , ive never tried to reverse a single branch , always total plant reversal , if i want to make seeds i order as little as 3 seeds that are already fems , auto or photo , i reverse one to pollinate the other 2 , i end up with a minimum of 500 mature/viable seeds this way , i would assume though if wanting to reverse a single branch then sts would be the way to go

peace :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Allrighty, here's an update and what I consider to be a strange turn of events... I sprayed the shit out of the easy Ryder with CS twice daily or more for atleast two weeks, I thought I saw what were beginnings of male parts forming, now mind you I started the ca spraying kind of late and also had plant in with male dragons, well for haha's tonight I went to pick a she male ball off to see if it had pollen in it... I squeezed it and out pops a freaking seed?!?! Did it pollenate it self? Did it get pollinated from the dragons? Since the plant was spray with CS for so long will the seeds be able to be safe to grow? Hmm curiousity is killing me... Any thoughts my Jedi masters?
Pic of picked seed
View attachment 170626
picks of the easy Ryder: please, thoughts, theories, and opinions... Looking forward to hearing from you all
View attachment 170627
View attachment 170628
View attachment 170629

So I'm assuming more than likely this is my first almost ready dragon cross...
Thinking of naming it the Hopper Dragon in honor of the late great Dennis Hopper (star of the easy Ryder movie)...will use this cross and cross it the think different x rd... This is going to get interesting.... Any other thoughts?
Yodabuds

Back