Flowering auto cuttings

Curious...have you ever successfully harvested anything decent from pruned, flowering, autoflower branches...if so, did you just stuff them in a small pot of soil or what? :baked: ...for example:

IMG_20231228_080759938.jpg

Curious...have you ever successfully harvested anything decent from pruned, flowering, autoflower branches...if so, did you just stuff them in a small pot of soil or what? :baked: ...for example:

View attachment 1656047

Me personally no but I have seen @WildBill and @Susitna do it definitely nothing for yield but they were nice looking little lollipops :shrug::pop:

You mean like a clone?
Yes?
seen @WildBill and @Susitna do it definitely nothing for yield but they were nice looking little lollipops :shrug::pop:
Thanks, that's what I was at least hoping/thinking...we'll see in the future, but I've currently got space issues already, which is where the trimmings come in :doh:

Yes?

Thanks, that's what I was at least hoping/thinking...we'll see in the future, but I've currently got space issues already, which is where the trimmings come in :doh:
Im sure it'll work but I assume you wanna take the cutting before it starts flowering so it can develop roots. Tbh I havent heard about trying this yet

I’ve seen folks who prune the first node branches use them as clones instead of tossing them. Doesn’t produce yields like the parent, but when looking at weight per seed it helps up the ratio. My state has limits on plant numbers so it doesnt make sense for me, otherwise i’d try it out.

Yes?

Yes, you can clone autoflowers by definition of cloning. Your cuttings will root.

The problem is that you can't keep the clones in a state of perpetual vegetation like you can with photoperiods by controlling the length of day. So your clones are still going to flower automatically, regardless of photoperiod, which means the potential for growing larger plants from clone stock with autos just isn't really there.

Food for thought on autoflower clones; if you're wanting to play around with breeding, one small rooted clone can still be pollinated to produce a number of seeds, and makes selective pollination much less risky in terms of working with pollen around an entire plant.

I gave cloning autos a whirl once for fun. By the time it rooted it started flowering.

1029210542a-jpg.1382650

1103211415a-jpg.1384866

Clones start

Clones harvest

Last edited:
Back