Flush

Greenfingers.not

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Right I've been told many different things but how long do I flush my autos for I am using DWC. I've been told everything from 3 days to 2 weeks, what are all yous doing

Lots of people think flushing is a myth. They may be right. It’s weird, because it’s really good growers on both sides of the fence. I’m too much of a noob to know, I’ll have to figure it out one harvest at a time.

DWC grower. Personally, I THINK flushing is a myth — but I’ve been told 48 hours is the DWC rule of thumb. Well, I’d rather err on the side of caution, so I flush for 72 hours, I can spare that much time. The pot is good and the plant actually seems to like it. I imagine a little sigh of relief from the tent. And the big anti-flushing argument — why starve the plant — seems less significant in the face of only 3 days.

And it’s seems kind of graceful in DWC anyway — a couple weeks before they’re ready, they’ll stop sucking down so much water. The buds stop swelling, things seem to go static. In truth, that’s when I start tapering down my feeds. :d5: The 3 days at the end feels natural. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Like I said 3 days to 2 weeks I will try 72 hrs see if that's any good wouldn't like to spoil them after weeks of trying to get them right. They looking the best I've done so far.
20190423_124446.jpg
20190418_082811.jpg
20190418_082803.jpg
20190415_081639.jpg

Wow they are really amazing! :d5:

Well nearly 96 hrs in to the flush and I'm not sure if I should cut or leave for longer.
20190426_233042.jpg
20190426_233030.jpg

Right I've been told many different things but how long do I flush my autos for I am using DWC. I've been told everything from 3 days to 2 weeks, what are all yous doing

Grower called DJM, who I agree with, advises in coco especially that to get that really nice fade on your leaves you have to drop the EC by 25-50% for 2-3 weeks and on harvest week straight water can be used. I think using the terminology of flushing is incorrect when we don't intend to kill the plant but help it through its finish.

I intend to start lowering my EC to half around week 9-10 and letting the leaves get a nice fade to them rather than crispy or glossy leaves at harvest.

I don't know how necessary it is but I'll find out lol

Well nearly 96 hrs in to the flush and I'm not sure if I should cut or leave for longer.View attachment 1051501 View attachment 1051502
She’s definitely done. The call is yours to make now. :thumbsup:

I’m heading into the end of my second grow now and my two giant DWC monsters are telling me they don’t need me to run them anymore. I’ve dropped my ppm down to the 800s Megacrop and Bud Explosion and I intend to continue a slow taper for the next week or two until the last 72 hours when they sit in some RO, sweet candy, flawless finish, and a little root goodness.

Well they were cut and trimmed after 5 days let's see what they turn out like

Back