Focus V Carta 2 1,000 dab review

IMG_1166.jpeg

Today I took my 1,000th dab from the Carta 2..
IMG_1155.jpeg

I can’t say enough good things about the Carta 2. Weather you like big clouds, or terpy low temp dabs, this will do it with its adjustable heat settings from 365-635 Fahrenheit.

The best thing about the Carta 2 is its durability. In 1,000 dabs, I have only cleaned it regularly….nothing else. The atomizer (banger) is working exactly the way it did on the first dab.
IMG_1162.jpeg

As you can see, it cleans right up….. the only chaz I haven’t been able to clean off is on the side of the ceramic bowl, and is there because I don’t want to push too hard cleaning it, and break it. Besides, it doesn’t affect the taste at all… you can see it below..
IMG_1164.jpeg

IMG_1163.jpeg

I bought the Carta 2 because I was tired of replacing coils on other devices….. I was not a fan of the terrible flavors you get from coil devices that are not cleanable in between dabs. With the Carta, a few swipes with Qtips, and maybe some alcohol and it’s as clean as new.
For deep cleaning, just take it apart and soak the glass, atomizer, and carb cap pieces in alcohol, and clean the vapor path and things are clean as new in no time.
IMG_1165.jpeg

In all honesty, the Carta is a 10/10, and I can’t recommend it enough. :lildab:

I like lower temperature dabs…. They’re tastier, and nice and smooth. I prefer around 465f for rosin. It’s not super low (400-420f), but not high either 500+).

The higher the temp the bigger the clouds, but the trade off is less terps and harsher.

I smash all my weed these days…. An average return is around 15%….. and an exceptional return is 20%+ or thereabouts.

I find dabbing easier to medicate with than vapes because one good dab will do it if I’m in a rush. That’s a thirty second heat up, and a minute of medicating. Whereas with a volcano you might be a few bags deep to get to where you want to be.

Taste is far superior. I like storing dabs, rather than jars of weed. The quality stays higher and obvious space savings.
Super helpful, thank you :joy: ...I'll need to research proper presses and using them because a 4/20 sale may really push me over the edge :baked:

Super helpful, thank you :joy: ...I'll need to research proper presses and using them because a 4/20 sale may really push me over the edge :baked:
Check into dabress, nugsmasher and dulytek. You oughta find something for about any price range. I’ve got a nugsmasher XP….

Feel free to hit me with any more questions :bump: :pass:

smash all my weed these days…. An average return is around 15%….. and an exceptional return is 20%+ or thereabouts
...let's say I get this rig, and I get a decent 4 or 12 ton press...and I fumble through squeezing the shite out of an ounce of something I chopped a week prior, and I get ~5 grams if I'm lucky (and my math is right) :baked:

How long will it take me to go through the 5 grams?...would it be the same as it would have taken me to vape the ounce (~week) :smokeout:

I love my Puffco Proxy
...let's say I get this rig, and I get a decent 4 or 12 ton press...and I fumble through squeezing the shite out of an ounce of something I chopped a week prior, and I get ~5 grams if I'm lucky (and my math is right) :baked:

How long will it take me to go through the 5 grams?...would it be the same as it would have taken me to vape the ounce (~week) :smokeout:

I was smoking around a zip a week and now I dab only totally different experience from dry herb vape. If you’ve never done concentrates before becarful it can easily be over done when starting out. I’d say I go through about the same amount of flower maybe little more all depends on yield return. When first starting out I’d say the 5 grams will last a week or 2. And if you get 17% return that’s a oz of flower so it’s the same. I don’t know exactly how much I go through a week but I know it’s more then 5 grams :doh::gassy:

I like lower temperature dabs…. They’re tastier, and nice and smooth. I prefer around 465f for rosin. It’s not super low (400-420f), but not high either 500+).

The higher the temp the bigger the clouds, but the trade off is less terps and harsher.

I smash all my weed these days…. An average return is around 15%….. and an exceptional return is 20%+ or thereabouts.

I find dabbing easier to medicate with than vapes because one good dab will do it if I’m in a rush. That’s a thirty second heat up, and a minute of medicating. Whereas with a volcano you might be a few bags deep to get to where you want to be.

Taste is far superior. I like storing dabs, rather than jars of weed. The quality stays higher and obvious space savings.
Totally agree

All depends on your tolerance level but it’s very similar to flower just less hits your smoke session will be cut in half with the same if not higher high :lildab:

I was smoking around a zip a week and now I dab only totally different experience from dry herb vape. If you’ve never done concentrates before becarful it can easily be over done when starting out. I’d say I go through about the same amount of flower maybe little more all depends on yield return. When first starting out I’d say the 5 grams will last a week or 2. And if you get 17% return that’s a oz of flower so it’s the same. I don’t know exactly how much I go through a week but I know it’s more then 5 grams :doh::gassy:
That's extremely helpful for perspective, thanks :toke:

Back