Focus V Carta 2 1,000 dab review

IMG_1166.jpeg

Today I took my 1,000th dab from the Carta 2..
IMG_1155.jpeg

I can’t say enough good things about the Carta 2. Weather you like big clouds, or terpy low temp dabs, this will do it with its adjustable heat settings from 365-635 Fahrenheit.

The best thing about the Carta 2 is its durability. In 1,000 dabs, I have only cleaned it regularly….nothing else. The atomizer (banger) is working exactly the way it did on the first dab.
IMG_1162.jpeg

As you can see, it cleans right up….. the only chaz I haven’t been able to clean off is on the side of the ceramic bowl, and is there because I don’t want to push too hard cleaning it, and break it. Besides, it doesn’t affect the taste at all… you can see it below..
IMG_1164.jpeg

IMG_1163.jpeg

I bought the Carta 2 because I was tired of replacing coils on other devices….. I was not a fan of the terrible flavors you get from coil devices that are not cleanable in between dabs. With the Carta, a few swipes with Qtips, and maybe some alcohol and it’s as clean as new.
For deep cleaning, just take it apart and soak the glass, atomizer, and carb cap pieces in alcohol, and clean the vapor path and things are clean as new in no time.
IMG_1165.jpeg

In all honesty, the Carta is a 10/10, and I can’t recommend it enough. :lildab:

...let's say I get this rig, and I get a decent 4 or 12 ton press...and I fumble through squeezing the shite out of an ounce of something I chopped a week prior, and I get ~5 grams if I'm lucky (and my math is right) :baked:

How long will it take me to go through the 5 grams?...would it be the same as it would have taken me to vape the ounce (~week) :smokeout:
Like dab said, it’s probably going to be similar…. Dabs vs. flower…. But dabbing is a better experience in my opinion, you really get to let the terps shine!! Plus you’ll be higher…..

Also, I really enjoy the process of pressing the rosin….just fun to watch it flow, see the differences between strains, etc.

dabbing easier to medicate

Taste is far superior

storing dabs, rather than jars of weed

quality stays higher

Totally agree

All depends on your tolerance level but it’s very similar to flower just less hits your smoke session will be cut in half with the same if not higher high

really enjoy the process of pressing the rosin….just fun to watch it flow, see the differences between

I feel like I'm missing something...is it harsher on the lungs, or does it have other residual or cumulative negative health impacts ? :baked:

Is there any reason a serious user wouldn't dab like this then, other than barriers to entry (equipment costs, learning curve, ability to grow free organic weed indefinitely, etc.)?

Out of the Nugsmasher line, the XP is about the best value.
It's big enough to do quite a bit in a fairly short. And you have a gage to be extremely accurate with your material pressure.
I love my Mini, but your technique has to be learned! I could usually get pretty consistent results, but it's not easy. The gage helps out immensely on the XP.
The positive side of it mean he is that it's extremely portable and easily stored.
But it would take a very long time to do an ounce with the Mini.
I mainly press hash. It has taken me a decent amount of time to get my technique down, but I'm pretty good now with it. My live rosin now is extremely light and golden. I think it looks more like rosin from ice water hash than dry ice hash.

I feel like I'm missing something...is it harsher on the lungs, or does it have other residual or cumulative negative health impacts ? :baked:

Is there any reason a serious user wouldn't dab like this then, other than barriers to entry (equipment costs, learning curve, ability to grow free organic weed indefinitely, etc.)?
I think it's easier on the lungs. You just don't have to hit it as hard. I gave a Dolphin to my vet buddy for Christmas so he could use the rosin that I make. I told him, you can take a light as hit as you want. As long as you get flavor, you're getting medication. I told them to start off at the lowest setting and when he wasn't getting enough taste, hit the next setting.

I guess I probably need to ask Frank this, can I take nice easy hits with this device?

I like low and slow.................................... Especially after today's come to Jebus moment!:face::face::face::haha::haha::haha:

I started dabbing because I was looking for something easier on the lungs. I smoked a whole bunch of joints every day… and had a chronic cough and kinda wheezy sounding sometimes.

Herb vaping was ok…. But let’s be honest. Those bowls are tiny and I ain’t got time to sit around vaping stem after stem.

So I looked into dabbing, got a press etc… my cough slowly went away, there was coughing at first…. I seemed to be getting an expectorant effect and was coughing up all the shit in my lungs. Now I barely cough..maybe some light coughing for old times sake :haha: Unless I turn it up a bit to get a giant hit… then there’s coughing, but it’s worth it :dizzy::rofl:

Don’t forget you’ll also have pucks to make edibles with, too

Out of the Nugsmasher line, the XP is about the best value.
It's big enough to do quite a bit in a fairly short. And you have a gage to be extremely accurate with your material pressure.
I love my Mini, but your technique has to be learned! I could usually get pretty consistent results, but it's not easy. The gage helps out immensely on the XP.
The positive side of it mean he is that it's extremely portable and easily stored.
But it would take a very long time to do an ounce with the Mini.
I mainly press hash. It has taken me a decent amount of time to get my technique down, but I'm pretty good now with it. My live rosin now is extremely light and golden. I think it looks more like rosin from ice water hash than dry ice hash.
I can smash two ounces at a time with the xp:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I think it's easier on the lungs. You just don't have to hit it as hard. I gave a Dolphin to my vet buddy for Christmas so he could use the rosin that I make. I told him, you can take a light as hit as you want. As long as you get flavor, you're getting medication. I told them to start off at the lowest setting and when he wasn't getting enough taste, hit the next setting.

I guess I probably need to ask Frank this, can I take nice easy hits with this device?

I like low and slow.................................... Especially after today's come to Jebus moment!:face::face::face::haha::haha::haha:
Since you clean it between dabs you can put as much or little in as you want.

Also, if you get down into the 395 range the hits will be really light and tasty…. And it does take longer to finish the dab. Think of it this way…. A hot skillet…. A drop of oil will smoke off way faster at 500, than 390. That’s essentially what’s happening. Higher temp the dab goes fast and you end up with a massive hit. Lower temp the dab goes slow, so it’s stretched out over a few sessions. If there’s still dab left, turn it off, close the cap and come back to it later.

Oh, and it fits in a cup holder like it was made for it….

No I don't think you are I believe dabbing is the way of future but some folks do prefer flower they can't stop coughing from dabs. I cough some yes but no more then smoking flower. What I see from most people I've dabbed with is they feel they have to fill and clear the bong. I only take as big of hit as I can handle I don't fill or always clear the bong. I'll take a few smaller hits and be just as happy

Back