Dutch Passion Frisian Dew Photoperiod Smoke Report

Darth Vapour

Supreme Commander in Kief
Reaction score
Hi AFN, I've been slow to get this together but thought it may be helpful for anyone thinking about running this outdoor this year. I grew 5 of these girls, 2 in a green house and 3 in a guerrilla swamp style. They were journaled throughout their life within my outdoor thread last year :thumbs:

SeedBank : Dutch Passion

Strain: Frisian Dew (Photoperiod)

Soil/hydro: Soil (Promix Hp, earth worm castings, glacial rock dust, rhizo, top dressed with sheep shit) the greenhouse had the same soil mix blended in with very rich native soil

Nutes: Basically none, used wegener's liquid organic a few times

Light : Sun

From seed to harvest date: Mid May to end of September

Dry Yield: 2 lbs total

High/Effect Duration: Head high, great for going on walks, watching movies. Not much of a body buzz for me. Lasts about 3 hours, very little to no burn out.

RATE SCALE: * bad to ***** good

BAG APPEAL: ****

Looser bud structure. Greenhouse plants didn't trich out as much as the swamp. Mostly purple phenos, the green pheno was my favourite for bag appeal and smoke.

THE GROWTH: *****

These girls blew up. Fimmed one in the swamp and the other two were untrained / failed FIM attempts. The untrained tree was about 7' tall and yielded better than the other. One girl was stunted from a small animal that was eating at her roots early in her life.

Greenhouse girls were beasts. Tried to LST them along 3 wires, bending the main stem of each plant away from each other than pulling the side branches to the outer two wires. Had a knife incident and super cropped one of them and the lower branches all tries to become mains.

THE SMELL: *****

Pretty unique smell to them, almost like menthol. Everyone that has smelled them says it's unlike any nugs they smelled before. During growth it wasn't over powering but as they dried it was pretty intense.

THE SMOKE: ****

Green pheno smokes better than the purple IMO. Smooth and piney fresh taste on exhale.

PICTURES :

ihS8YsUl.jpg

7ZXHyDjl.jpg

S0O2rHGl.jpg

Rh8DffZl.jpg

bKzyVanl.jpg

8UJJocVl.jpg

nDOkDyjl.jpg

Transplanted @ day 21 outdoors, baby roots

:peace:

Nice report DV....i need to clear a guerilla spot out this year for sure

Cheers guys, I appreciate getn slapped around

Nice report DV....i need to clear a guerilla spot out this year for sure

Thanks grow beast, it's an adrenaline rush for sure, I just love it.

Oh, the Frisian Dew is one of my all-time favorite outdoor plants. Even last year, which was severely waterlogged to say the least, these ladies averaged 250 grams each! Nice report bro. I agree with you on the green pheno.
Cheers!

Great report DV!

I smoke outdoor FrisianDew practically every year for at least 6 years(very popular here by guerrilla cash croppers) and have to say it is kind of consistent bud but lacks flavor and potency for my taste.
Smell is nice piney usually, I suspect it can be a good product if treated right. Seems my local pals chop early(start oct) so the buds are not what they got to be.
I also prefer the green over the purple phenos, the purples were always strange tasting with a dull high.

Got some seeds of FD, maybe I will put them somewhere in soil this season:)

nice report well jell :p
but mentholy thats a bit rare, my brotherin is doing an auto an sadly theres not much purple on it but anywho, also doesnt smell anything like menthol lool and i prey it dont after drying. when smoked some of his last crop it didnt really have a distinct taste just had a bit of a sweet sativa smell, like if you had white widow you'd know its white, but with this frisian if you were given a sack an told to guess what it was it would be hard to say, my opinion

Oh, the Frisian Dew is one of my all-time favorite outdoor plants. Even last year, which was severely waterlogged to say the least, these ladies averaged 250 grams each! Nice report bro. I agree with you on the green pheno.
Cheers!

Cheers Ken, thanks for checking out the report! We also had a very wet harvest season and had very little issues.

Great report DV!

I smoke outdoor FrisianDew practically every year for at least 6 years(very popular here by guerrilla cash croppers) and have to say it is kind of consistent bud but lacks flavor and potency for my taste.
Smell is nice piney usually, I suspect it can be a good product if treated right. Seems my local pals chop early(start oct) so the buds are not what they got to be.
I also prefer the green over the purple phenos, the purples were always strange tasting with a dull high.

Got some seeds of FD, maybe I will put them somewhere in soil this season:)

Hey Balarama , consistency wise they were all on point. I'd love to see another FD grow at AFN this year outdoor as I will most likely be running these again.

nice report well jell :p
but mentholy thats a bit rare, my brotherin is doing an auto an sadly theres not much purple on it but anywho, also doesnt smell anything like menthol lool and i prey it dont after drying. when smoked some of his last crop it didnt really have a distinct taste just had a bit of a sweet sativa smell, like if you had white widow you'd know its white, but with this frisian if you were given a sack an told to guess what it was it would be hard to say, my opinion

Hello Mr. Wolf, maybe menthol is a bad description... More like a minty pine I guess. I have great difficulty putting smells and flavours down on paper, especially when I'm consuming said product lol

I believe they chose to breed the green pheno of the Auto while creating the FD auto (hence the lack of purps) but I may be wrong. However, like I mentioned, the green pheno high was a blast for me.

:peace:

Back