Sweet Seeds From Seed To Smoke.

Not so much difficulties Tommy, more stupidity on my part. I should have checked just how hot the top of the boiler got rather then assuming it would be okay. New seed has now been relocated somewhere less hot :)

This time no mistakes :smoke:

Next up on my improvement list is the greenhouse its self, bits have been ordered for it.

Ok my friend ;)

So, lets hope for the best :D

I'll keep passing by. Sweet smokes!

tommy

The only time I like cooked hemp is when I am fishing :grin:

Needless to say I did not make the same mistake twice, This seed took 48hrs and had shown no signs of life when I checked last night although I have just woken up to this.

20140508_074642-1_zpsfcd869a3.jpg

That is good enough for me. And the seed has now been planted in its final resting place. misted the top of the soil and the inside of the bottle and placed the light a few inches above the top of the bottle. Till the plant shows.

20140508_075614_zpsbaa9028c.jpg

20140508_075642_zpse1da0eee.jpg

As you can see I can move the light up and down really easily, and the makeshift reflector is doing a good job I think. I have now added the black and white sheeting to the walls and there is also a roll up/down sheeting door to make the whole thing as light prof as possible... Not that's its an issue.

The next task is to start on the greenhouse while I wait for this seed to break the surface. :smoke:

Last edited:
Just visited ur post, good luck with ur grow! I am gna make a similar make shift reflector but I can't find anything big enough in sainsburys or tescos!

Will be stopping by regularly. Aaah wonderful weather with the rain!

Just visited ur post, good luck with ur grow! I am gna make a similar make shift reflector but I can't find anything big enough in sainsburys or tescos!

Will be stopping by regularly. Aaah wonderful weather with the rain!

Yea it never stops zain. Its chucking it down outside again now.

Wilko,
http://www.wilko.com/food-preparation/wilko-foil-roasting-trays-2pk/invt/0285716?VBMST=backing tray

Even try the £-shops, they had some in my local that where big enough after I had already bought the above. Buy more then you need though as I messed up a couple in my attempts. Good luck with it.

48 hours to germinate and then 48 hours to break through.

20140510_195452_zps97fbb285.jpg

Looks so tiny right now sat in the middle of a 20ltr plant pot. Due to my mistake with the first seed the outer ring of soil had dried right out. I have only so far pre-watered the inner ring both times the night of each germination as the outer soil was a bit damp to start with. So tonight I wet just the outer ring down with a liter of water using the bottle to protect the seedling and surrounding soil.

20140510_194551_zps835081b2.jpg

So the plan is to send this plant to the great outdoors in a few weeks time once it shows sex. By then I am praying summer will have arrived and it will have stopped raining. (Raining again today) I've bought a greenhouse for it, but after leaving it set up in the garden for a few days I was not happy with the amount of condensation that built up and the lack of air flow inside.

You can see the tiny size of the original round vents, it only had three of them for the whole greenhouse. So I ordered some mosquito mesh, some glue that took a few hours to harden, to give me a chance to get everything set out right and then set to work when it turned up. It took me a good few hours to do.

So after some
modification I have ended up with this.

21d637d8-7139-4f88-b7a4-5389107e9f32_zps03f116a0.jpg

The top now has three vents each measuring 300 x 100

20140510_201553_zpsba7c7575.jpg

And the two sides both have vents now to, again measuring 300 x 100 The bottom of the side vents are level with the top of the 20ltr pot so any air flow will be right at the base of the plant. Maybe I have gone a little overboard for a cheapo greenhouse? But I want to keep it zipped at all times and to try and keep as clean environment as possible. No bugs, Fly's ect

That's me up to-date, I love the speed at which theses plants grow, every day there is something new to see and I am now once again excited about getting up in the mornings before work (its been a few years)
:grin:

Looking really good mate.
I'm halfway through my first grow, made a few beginners mistakes along the way.
Cracking write up so far, keep it up.
The only thing I would suggest is having a read through the lighting forums, spiral cfls put out more light if they're vertical.
Good luck, subbed in for this one.

Looking really good mate.
I'm halfway through my first grow, made a few beginners mistakes along the way.
Cracking write up so far, keep it up.
The only thing I would suggest is having a read through the lighting forums, spiral cfls put out more light if they're vertical.
Good luck, subbed in for this one.

Oh Gman you've only gone an opened up that debate :)

V vs H and which one is best?

My own personal view is V is not the route to go with a single bulb as why do I want to send my only light source out towards every wall of the grow space, only for it to have to rebound back and down before it reaches the plant. Its not a very powerful light source to start with and by the time its traveled and reached the walls, some light / lumens been absorbed by the walls and then traveled back to the plant the initial light source is even less powerful then when it started.

Once I can remove the bottle in a few days time I will be able to get the light an inch from the top of the plant so at least half the bulbs light power only has to travel 1 inch to meet the plant. The other half will bounce off the reflector or backing tray rather the going the distance to the walls and back. The makeshift reflector almost covers the whole area of the 20ltr pot.

If I had multiple bulbs then I would hang some V around the plant but would always have at least one H. above the plants top.

I could be totally wrong here, with what I said above. whats your view on the subject Gman ? :thumbs:

Right then, here we go.... only kidding. I take your point and it makes sense. There are threads in the lighting section saying hang them vertically. From my own experience I can tell you I would hang vertically. I have some background in photography. Do a quick search for photography cfls. They're spirals, and designed to point at the subject. With that in mind they are surrounded by a parabolic reflector, which is designed to collect the side output and throw it at the subject.

I think using a single smallish cfl in spaces were growing in is probably 6 of 1 ....

Hey Gman I look through the 4 pages in the CFL section and a few other sites and its like almost every other question ever asked, some for some against. I looked though your grow too ( Nice plants by the way) and you have / had your bulb set the same way as I do only without a reflector and done okay :) Its like the PH or not to PH question in soil that seems split 50/50 too.

I end up frying my brain to often as every question I have results in 10 more after an hours research lol

She be outside in 3 weeks hopefully as this is not a full indoor grow. Just to help kick start and reduce some stretching. So I am not looking to bud underneath this CFL If I were to come back inside I would ditch the CFL`s altogether and get my HID light set back up. I am working on my bro about this at the moment. :)

Back