GC's HLG grow show

While the res sits unfilled and trays empty the medium is still holding plenty of moisture. I put the light on and dimmer to position 3 of 9. 35" from canopy.

Suggestions on a PAR meter? I have that photone app but it doesn't seem accurate to me.

The wood strips holds my trellis net, everything below trellis gets shaved off. So it won't be long till flip. I'm trying to keep on the 6 week harvest schedule for the most part. But we will see what happens this fall when a third strain gets introduced.View attachment 1621999
This is what I and a lot of others here use. It works outstandingly!
Amazon product

I believe I found the issue and why the 4x4 flooded over last run. One of the aquavalves had "schmeg" built up ... a technical term I just created... and I believe it built up at the silicone plug on bottom float that resides in the outer body. Not allowing it shut off the flow.

Now I'm wondering about filtering the solution inline between mixing tote and reservoirs. Something like this could be very easy to install and clean weekly.

Amazon product

wondering if 180 micron would catch a majority of the particulates within.

I had hoped running inline pumps inside the reservoirs would have kept it mixed very well.

Thoughts?

Schmeg build up, eh? I hate when I find "schmutz" anywhere. They must be related strains of gunk. hahaha

I think the filter isn't a bad idea if you are getting a grit or undissolved nutrient clog. If it's a biofilm build up perhaps something like drip-clean and hydroguard in the res might help? I don't run a reservoir but those are two products I've seen a lot of people mention using.

Your grows are looking bang on though.

Gunk, if left to accumulate turns to schmutz, it takes the truly stupid to ignore the issue and reach the Schmeg stage.

I use SLF100 which as i understand it is another product like HydroGuard? I'm not opposed to swapping product.. i'll look into it.

I'v found other type of Hydro filters, and will keep looking and learning. I'll find a solution to try asap.

Thank You for the compliment, i try. This forum and it's members have helped me to improve over the years.

Gunk, if left to accumulate turns to schmutz, it takes the truly stupid to ignore the issue and reach the Schmeg stage.

I use SLF100 which as i understand it is another product like HydroGuard? I'm not opposed to swapping product.. i'll look into it.

I'v found other type of Hydro filters, and will keep looking and learning. I'll find a solution to try asap.

Thank You for the compliment, i try. This forum and it's members have helped me to improve over the years.
Slf100 is the only one I’ve used but my buddy has used hydro guard. He tried slf100 and told me it worked much better. I’ve heard good things about drip clean as well though just never tried it.

@Mizzo81 you have to accumulating some sludge, schmutz.. whatever too yes? I'm wondering if I'm doing something incorrectly.

I just filled and turned the reservoirs on.. I'll be keeping a close eye.

20230811_201614.jpg

I do a good cleaning in between each grow. During the cleaning everything is a little dirty but not bad.

I do a good cleaning in between each grow. During the cleaning everything is a little dirty but not bad.

My flooding was the first run on that setup, it was clean when started. I also clean all the components for each run.

OK, last night i did notice an aquavalve let it get a bit high in the tray. I messed with the upper float and it felt a bit sticky.. but shut off when i let it back down. Perhaps i found it... i'll be watching as the tray empty's and refills.

Thanks for the feedback Bro..

Otherwise i seem to have everything else dialed and the plants are healthy. I'm looking fwd to seeing what i can pull from a full tent of the Cap Junky.

The plants that came out of the 4x4 last, the G-unit is tasty as id have expected. However, the GG#4 s1's are curing and getting more narcotic by the day. I'll have to post some dry cured bud shots later..

Cured buds looking tasty and potent. I had a flooding once early on in a grow, after checking everything I just think it was bad luck where the one valve stuck open for whatever reason. I’ve read of similar situations here but most have it once and that’s it. How’s the gg4 compared to the other cut u had

Both are powerful smoke, the RIL from earlier is still my daughters favorite.. she said it has a better taste. I just get stupid when smoking either...

Good to know on the flooding, i certainly hope my one flood is in the past.

The current run of 91 and CJ is killing it. The buds are getting much bigger than last, im sure it's the plant putting it's energy into budding over the seeds of last. They are a bit close to the lights, but dont appear any worst for wear.

I guess i'm due for pics, next update.

Back