GC's HLG grow show

Gone Camping

Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Before we start the show i'd like to thank Horticulture Lighting Group and our own @Les @HLG for the opportunity and confidence to showcase their product, i only hope i can make y'all proud. I'd also like to thank AFN for giving us this little corner of the net to share and learn.

Now, the actual show wont start for another 4-5 weeks as i'm finishing up a run under HPS.. but let's start with my plans and setup.

I was in the market for a new light for a 3x3 tent, searching for something that's considered high quality with excellent customer service. In my search one manufacturer continuously stood out... HLG. That's when i stumbled on the giveaway here.. and i'm honored to have been selected.

Les reached out and offered me an HLG 100 Rspec light assembly, we discussed my plans and space to determine if i should accept or pass on to another lucky member. In the end i accepted.. and decided to add a second light to fully take advantage of the space. So i purchased a second HLG 100 Rspec. Soon after i had two sitting here that are just waiting to get to work.

20210801_103542.jpg

20210801_103646.jpg

Once the current run is done I will be starting a new strain to me. My daughter and I were looking at my list for something to run for this years Xmas bud.. she saw this on the list and said "that one"!
Chocolate Diesel (Derg Corra Collective) :: Cannabis Strain Info (seedfinder.eu)

Dropped 12 beans and have 9 above medium. I'll veg these in my cabinet under T5 and transfer under the HLG boards once I harvest the current run and clean the tent. Then the grow show will continue.

20210801_103127.jpg

20210801_103136.jpg

Stay safe and healthy.. see y'all soon..

Looks like a great start!

Before we start the show i'd like to thank Horticulture Lighting Group and our own @Les @HLG for the opportunity and confidence to showcase their product, i only hope i can make y'all proud. I'd also like to thank AFN for giving us this little corner of the net to share and learn.

Now, the actual show wont start for another 4-5 weeks as i'm finishing up a run under HPS.. but let's start with my plans and setup.

I was in the market for a new light for a 3x3 tent, searching for something that's considered high quality with excellent customer service. In my search one manufacturer continuously stood out... HLG. That's when i stumbled on the giveaway here.. and i'm honored to have been selected.

Les reached out and offered me an HLG 100 Rspec light assembly, we discussed my plans and space to determine if i should accept or pass on to another lucky member. In the end i accepted.. and decided to add a second light to fully take advantage of the space. So i purchased a second HLG 100 Rspec. Soon after i had two sitting here that are just waiting to get to work.

View attachment 1350474
View attachment 1350475

Once the current run is done I will be starting a new strain to me. My daughter and I were looking at my list for something to run for this years Xmas bud.. she saw this on the list and said "that one"!
Chocolate Diesel (Derg Corra Collective) :: Cannabis Strain Info (seedfinder.eu)

Dropped 12 beans and have 9 above medium. I'll veg these in my cabinet under T5 and transfer under the HLG boards once I harvest the current run and clean the tent. Then the grow show will continue.

View attachment 1350476
View attachment 1350477

Stay safe and healthy.. see y'all soon..

Full speed ahead! 9 plants, heavy duty grow time. Good luck and I'm sure those new HLG boards will be very nice to work with.

This round will be photo reg's, and I'll be trying to develop a more even canopy than I have in the past. This ole dog gonna learn some new tricks.

Looks like a great start!

Their coming along. Stretching a bit in the seedling cabinet as I seemed to lose the ratchet ropes to lower the T5 down..

Up potted yesterday and they should be under the new lighting in about two weeks.

20210818_164252.jpg

I spent the holiday weekend swapping over the tent to HLG Lighting, cleaned the tent and moved the 9x Chocolate Diesel in. Set the timer to 12/12 to sex these plants, and will be culling the males. No seed run this go round...

These plants came from under t5 and the top got a little close and saw some heat damage, the HLG100's are at 27" from the tallest plants and will be given some time to adapt. Eventually looking at a height of about 18" above canopy.

Updates soon..
CDSept6.jpg

These hlg100 Rspec's are impressing me, my plants look so healthy right now with exception of a touch of ph issue. But we know who's fault that is..

So I just pulled 5 males, 2 known females and I expect 2 more females to show very soon. One female I thought would be male as it grew tall like them, but was also the first to show sex.

My trifoliate turned out was one of the males.

20210915_200427.jpg

20210915_200414.jpg

Your plants look great! LOVE thos fat fan leaves! :woody:

These hlg100 Rspec's are impressing me, my plants look so healthy right now with exception of a touch of ph issue. But we know who's fault that is..

So I just pulled 5 males, 2 known females and I expect 2 more females to show very soon. One female I thought would be male as it grew tall like them, but was also the first to show sex.

My trifoliate turned out was one of the males.

View attachment 1367131

View attachment 1367133

Thanks for stopping in guys, sorry I'm not more active with updates but life can get in the way.

Now, the 100Rspec's are continuing to impress me with how well their doing. Plants look healthy even with lack of attention at times. At some point in the future I'll be investing in more HLG.

Here's the 4 Chocolate Diesel tonight, early in flower and I think these are gonna be a very nice gift for the holidays.

20211001_202110.jpg

20211001_202123.jpg

Back