Dragon Meds Goldstone Auto Hunt

Archaic

Flushing is a myth!
Reaction score
Website
www.taylorswift.com
Currently Smoking
a corncob pipe
Well, I'm not big on grow journals, but seeing as how I have a little project I'm working on I thought I'd share it with the crew. Recently Stone sent me a 10 pack of Goldstone as freebies with a purchase. Now Goldstone is not prominently displayed in the Portal so I had to ask him for a description. He sent me the link https://autoflower-portal.net/gift-shop/goldstone/ but the gist of it is this:

"Goldstone – a stunning mix of genetics, a beautiful marriage between DJ Short Blueberry, Grand Daddy Purple, Jack Herer, Amnesia and Black Stone

Due to the semi-auto nature of these seeds some will flower automatically (about 75%) where as other phenotypes will need to have their light cycle adjusted to trigger bloom but all that will become clear in 4-5 weeks from seed."

So, sounds like a promising hybrid strain that is not quite fully autoflowering yet. So I said to myself, this just needs a couple more generations of selective breeding to be a real gem. Well, if there's one thing ol' archaic likes doing - its breeding. So, here for your viewing pleasure is a grow journal of my attempt to tighten down the autoflowering trait in this otherwise fine looking Portal strain.

I germed 7 of them on a damp paper towel in a ziplock bag and got roots within 48 hours on all 7. This evening they all went into small peat pots in my soil blend. The plan is to select the first male and female to autoflower and make some seeds. The late or non-auto's will be culled (though probably planted outdoors to fend for themselves because I cannot in good conscience kill a healthy pot plant).

I'll take those seeds and repeat the process over the winter and hopefully see much better rates of autoflowering and only have to carry this out 2-3 generations, but time will tell and I'm in it to win it either way.

Here is a picture of some dirt in cups, you'll have to trust me about the babies:

KIMG0088.jpeg

Dirt recipe:

1 bag organic compost
1 bag Arkansas topsoil (mostly river silt)
1 cup of kelp meal
1/2 cup azomite
1/2 cup organic 4-4-4 fertilizer
1/4 cup water crystals
1/4 cup diatomacous earth
1 tbsp granular myco spores

I'll be supplementing with Alaska liquid nutes threesome

Off we go!

@Stone

Did you double up seed in any of the pots or are you saving a few?

Good Luck ... u choose wisely ! :cheers:

i used an fully auto Goldstone male for my hobby breeding .... :greenthumb:
that shit is potent as fuxx !! u will not be dissapointed i tell ya

:pass:

Im harvesting f1's atm .... they look really good ... goldstone is a winner !

u might wanna check tread on the portal :pass:

I've got four nice healthy seedlings after an unfortunate accident that killed their siblings. Secure your lights well kids. I'm hoping 4 will be enough for this mission.

Four will have to do, I'm dropping 3 Stone dragons and something from mephisto tonight. I don't have room for 8, lol I need some of these to be males

Alright, so I had my lil guys under a CFL to get them started and apparently when I was closing up one night I knocked it over on them. 4/6 were killed so I dropped the last three seeds and here is the final result. Four happy lil guys that have been moved in with the grown ups. @912GreenSkell you notice the doubled up solo cups? I'm loving your instatransplants bro,

KIMG0159.jpeg

As soon as I see a definitive male and female autoflower we'll have our happy couple. Late males will be culled and a late female will be exiled to the great outdoors. I'll probably only pollinate a few lower branches so I can try some smoke.

Last edited:
When the plants r done if u take a few extra seconds u can save the cup and reuse them. Get an old knife and cut around the cup pull it out pull the stump out carefully and ready for the next strain.

I am subbed up for this. I really like the sound of the Goldstone genetics. Very interested to see size, aroma, and finishing time as well as effect. My kind of experimenting. Good luck.

Back