Grow your own in the outdoor heat,maybe Australia!!

I’d LIKE to keep the pots off the ground so I can have air pruning on the bottom, and not just on the sides. But, this may cause an issue with them using/needing too much water.

Plants are growing nicely and starting to fill in a little bit in the last couple of days! Receiving 4ml/ltr biobizz bloom and 2ml/Ltr grow and a dash of kelp. Also added 1 gram per gallon of bud explosion as I had it on hand and have a mild p deficiency showing up. I've been watering the girls twice daily in the heat to try and avoid having any issues with dryouts. Weather has been hot and humid with rain on and off the last few days. Keeping a close eye on them for any signs of mould at the moment!
20190317_081645.jpg
20190317_081638.jpg

I would hate to think what a big photos water needs would be on a hot day in a fabric pot, my autos are currently getting close to 10 liters each per day to keep them happy and healthy!
I’d LIKE to keep the pots off the ground so I can have air pruning on the bottom, and not just on the sides. But, this may cause an issue with them using/needing too much water.

I would hate to think what a big photos water needs would be on a hot day in a fabric pot, my autos are currently getting close to 10 liters each per day to keep them happy and healthy!

Yeah, they can guzzle for sure. Last year I used water crystals in my soil and I didn’t have much trouble with my outdoor plants. But, I’m going up to BIG pots now - 100 gallons and bigger. That will help.

How are your girls? Still good?

A have a few plants outdoors in the bush growing under solar powered LEDs. Just experimenting at the moment. Pic is of critical orange punch plant still vegging with the led light in April. Same light also has revegged a dank Sinatra female that was 2 weeks away from harvesting. Revegged her and collected all the seeds.
IMG_20190329_130051.jpg
IMG_20190329_124925.jpg
IMG_20190329_124919.jpg

Cheers for the advice about to start my first auto. 420 down under

Glad I caught this thread, some great content :thumbsup:

Im either late go the party or early, either way just a couple small add ons for future use. Down South here we have two similar issues you touched on that perhaps I can add some pointers to.

Large photos can be achieved (specifically I did this to several Sativas) , for long veg on short days very easily, start them on an 18 hour cycle for 3 to 4 weeks, midnight to 6pm, then swap to a split between indoor setup and hardening in afternoons, effectively taking a bookended daylight spread of late winter/ early spring of 10 to 12 hours and stretching to 18 hours with half the time under lights. So to describe this the cycle begins under lights around midnight and goes through to around 8am, whereby they take a sheltered structure (glasshouse, sunroom, grow tent) time for enough natural daylight without the extreme weather ends, usually on a bale of straw to hold it up to the best light and insulate the bottoms from temp loss.. It worked super well, the old lights and ballasts used too run super warm, venting and heat exchange was always a breeze pardon the pun. Once frost free (late Sept early October) Switch to bookending at the latter part of the day, you can creep your times in if you worried but I found they barely showed any troubles on a 4 plant grow, and keeps daylight a grow space times to one then the other instead of lights, sun, lights in the 18 hours.

Once your daylight hours (and plants exposure to all of them) is at 13 hours or better they can fend for themselves(flowering sensitivity may vary of course). Effectively the days grow longer and hotter on average and by this stage you have a solid sexed plant thats nice and hardened and should have few fundamental issues in structure that have not been attended to or influenced.

These plants can then run pretty deep past summer before flowering. I did prompt finishing in some of these by shedding (literally putting them in a shed devoid of light at night ) bookending daylight hours shorter in the morning, and pulling out mid morning. As habitual as they are they still can be influenced to do as you want them to do, its just a choice to be the ultimate master of them, while slaving their needs.

The other was heat measures, but Ive rabbited on enough so I drop back later and see what i can add. :baked:

hell, me alwayz late to theze partiez, ask anyone, lol :rofl: subbed in cuz me luv touring thru Oz...um, virtually at least, hehe :smoking: :pop: ppp

Back