Grow your own in the outdoor heat,maybe Australia!!

Sorry for being so slack with the updates peeps :smoking:.

Ok so our plant is going great I think! Up until a couple of days ago she was receiving 4ml/ltr biobizz grow and half strength cal/mag. She's now getting 3ml/ltr grow and 2ml/Ltr bloom. I like to start giving bloom 7 to 10 days after showing sex, depending on plants development. Also a couple of days ago I topped up her pot with mushroom compost and added a little more mulch. I haven't measured her but she must be getting close to 3 feet tall now. I have done no training on her at all, the only thing I have done is remove the lowest set of satellites. I don't like to defoliant yo much in veg as I think it's just removing the plants solar panels! Usually when bloom really kicks in I will remove most stuff that will only produce popcorn so the plant can put more energy into the decent buds. I will also remove leaves here and there that are blocking bud sights. I may start trying down her branches a little in the coming days, depending on when she slows down stretching. She has put up with a lot of days from 38c-43c and handled it well, due largely to the fact that the humidity has always been over 55% I think.View attachment 1020138 View attachment 1020140 View attachment 1020141 View attachment 1020142 View attachment 1020145

Looking great, brother! Yeah, that humidity is s saving grace for your plants but it sure does suck for you! Ugh, I’m dreading what’s coming in a few months! Thanks for the update. :thumbsup:

Thanks mate, I will try and keep the updates coming a little more frequently now we are starting to get into flower :thumbsup:. I'm actually starting to look for to winter just about over the hot and humid weather. Can't be too much longer until you can start some girls for the great outdoors? What are your temps like at the moment?
Looking great, brother! Yeah, that humidity is s saving grace for your plants but it sure does suck for you! Ugh, I’m dreading what’s coming in a few months! Thanks for the update. :thumbsup:

The little lady is going along nicely with no real problems at all. I have been giving her 2ml/Ltr of biobizz grow and 3ml/ltr of bloom. A minor mg deficiency is starting to poke its head up with some high temperatures with low humidity again this week. I will give her a foliar feed this afternoon with a tablespoon of Epsom salts to a gallon of water.
20190308_084117.jpg
20190308_092238.jpg
20190308_094456.jpg

:pass:Hey mate
The girls are looking great, nice and busy. The soil looks nice up your way. I got neem oil. for my thrip problem. Did you pinch the girls to them bushy or did you have them under light young?

I just had this girl under CFL of an evening for the first 3 weeks or so buddy:thumbsup:. A good start early on in life seems to make a huge difference with final results with autos. Also good genetics is pretty important as it's hard to grow great plants with average genetics :toke:.
:pass:Hey mate
The girls are looking great, nice and busy. The soil looks nice up your way. I got neem oil. for my thrip problem. Did you pinch the girls to them bushy or did you have them under light young?

That's true mate :pass:, good genetics is the same with any plants. The new lot for grow 2, should be larger and more bud and no thrips this time. The Nimbin seedling, be interesting to see what it turns out to be. I was talking with my brothers about the CFL lighting for the next run of girls - bigger plant more yeild:yay:

I found something interesting on this new podcast I’m listening to. It might be easier to u deestand if you’d listened to the 4-5 hours previous but listen for a few minutes to the part two (I’m linking below) starting at 1:44:30

He makes reference to growing in extremely hot weather.

@the green bandit Plants are looking healthy, mate! What day are they on in that last photo? Maybe 35-38?

Question on growing in heat..... I’m trying to decide whether to put my fabric pots (100 gallon+) and beds (4’x8’) directly on the ground OR whether I should keep them off the ground, on pallets or on concrete blocks. Which way do you think would run more cool when it gets REALLY hot? I can make an argument either way so I don’t actually know. Lol! Off the ground would make for more evaporative cooling (and the air pruning on the bottom would be a nice bonus) but setting on the ground might allow the cooler soil in the ground to pull some of the heat from the pots or beds. Any advice would be helpful.

Last edited:
I don't seem to have any issues with my pots sitting on the ground bud. If you have too much energy you could also bury your pots halfway? Peeps have told me that having your pots dug into the soil is effective for dealing with heat but I've never worried about it :shrug:. I'm too crippled up nowadays to be doing too much digging so I just put my pots on the ground! I don't think I would have mine lifted off of the ground as I think that would cause my pots to dry out faster? I have lined my fabric pots with cardboard this time round and seems to work a treat in reducing dryouts!

I can't remember how old the plant in the pic is without going through my journal :coffee2:. I think from memory I wet the seed on the 16th of January :pass:
@the green bandit Plants are looking healthy, mate! What day are they on in that last photo? Maybe 35-38?

Question on growing in heat..... I’m trying to decide whether to put my fabric pots (100 gallon+) and beds (4’x8’) directly on the ground OR whether I should keep them off the ground, on pallets or on concrete blocks. Which way do you think would run more cool when it gets REALLY hot? I can make an argument either way so I don’t actually know. Lol! Off the ground would make for more evaporative cooling (and the air pruning on the bottom would be a nice bonus) but setting on the ground might allow the cooler soil in the ground to pull some of the heat from the pots or beds. Any advice would be helpful.

Back