Indoor Growing Scrog

Question for you--have you found by schwazzing that it creates a more leafier bud compared to when it is not schwazzed?
Happy growing!
I haven’t noticed a difference but was already thinking of doing a comparison grow with defoliated plants and non defoliated plants in two separate tents. Would be interested to see the differences between bud growth, bud density and overall yield.

I haven’t noticed a difference but was already thinking of doing a comparison grow with defoliated plants and non defoliated plants in two separate tents. Would be interested to see the differences between bud growth, bud density and overall yield.
I've often wondered if the techniques that lend themselves to greater quantity have any impact on quality. So I'd add flavor and potency to the comparison criteria. I hope you do that comparison -- I think it can be more accurate to have one grower do side-by-side grows with minimal differences, rather than to try and gather information from comparing different growers results. :thumbsup:

I know someone who would be very interested in such a grow, right @Antonio_DutchPassion ?
Also have a question for you bro. I'm keen to find out how you pull that netting over the plants. Do you just pull it down and then spread the branches? Or is it a two person job?

Late to this party page again mate.
Perfect as usual .
Yup, me to...Would have loved to see more of this grow! I've only dipped my tows into the Schwazzing pool, but this is indeed on another level... :toke:

I know someone who would be very interested in such a grow, right @Antonio_DutchPassion ?
Also have a question for you bro. I'm keen to find out how you pull that netting over the plants. Do you just pull it down and then spread the branches? Or is it a two person job?

Yup, me to...Would have loved to see more of this grow! I've only dipped my tows into the Schwazzing pool, but this is indeed on another level... :toke:
Actually very easy Bob.
One man job for sure!
I start by prepping the plants with a heavy defoliation and also super crop the main thick stiff branches that I need bent over with a pair of pliers, then attach a 3” nylon scrog net with garden wire or zip ties to the 4 tent poles and pull it as tought as I can. After I set my prepped plants in place I slowly slide the netting down the poles and over the top of the plants while spreading them out at the same time. I try to pull the plants down and out as far as I can and have them grow horizontally by tucking and weaving the branches daily. Using the 3” net I have more strings to work with and more areas to tuck compared to a 6” net.
By just simply bending the the main top over around day 15-20 in veg to promote more side branching, timing the net right, and keeping up with the pruning you should be able to create a nice canopy of buds and definitely increase your yields.

Not late to the party brother as I’m planning on keeping this thread going as a perpetual scrog thread. I’ll post what I have coming up next and if anyone else has scrog info or pics of their grows feel free to post here.

Back