Extraction Hash rosin

that dish looks way to hot to me. :fire:

Got a local grow buddy that wants to use my bubble bags to do 8 ounces in to hash. I told him we should press some of it too and he's game. So looks like I'll get to try some live rosin sooner than I thought!!!

Did it vape that low? That's what I had issue with at a higher temp like 400.

Yes it vaped fine. So great taste and no coughing. I'm not sure why 400F would not vape your rosin if mine is at 330F.

I'll do some testing again tonight. last night was my first go at it.

Yes it vaped fine. So great taste and no coughing. I'm not sure why 400F would not vape your rosin if mine is at 330F.

I'll do some testing again tonight. last night was my first go at it.
It did some what but made mess of my enail lol. Go buy some live resin if never had mi d blowing. I had blueberry kush something and it tasted like they put flavoring in it bit then I realized what it was. WOW so good.

See lol, I never thought would be off that much hahaha. I have quartz on now. Just did some hash rosin. Set to 700.

View attachment 1024493
View attachment 1024494
View attachment 1024495

Here that hash rosin.

View attachment 1024496
View attachment 1024497

550f how long I do 220 for 5 minutes
1d9c4c1f1d927ddad536d08e6d548298.jpg
3c65d6d7ae44e3cda5c256019a533fa2.jpg
f3ed53f502bd407c360c117c0a1ba5b7.jpg
19f0f92e8282bb24c758c61487f0c2ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

550f how long I do 220 for 5 minutes
1d9c4c1f1d927ddad536d08e6d548298.jpg
3c65d6d7ae44e3cda5c256019a533fa2.jpg
f3ed53f502bd407c360c117c0a1ba5b7.jpg
19f0f92e8282bb24c758c61487f0c2ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5 mins may be little long bud I'll go 4 but at like 180. Also some strains need different temps and times. But whatever works for you.

@Mcdee I did some more testing of my ideal flavor temp but it was impossible. My infrared gets such wildly different readings depending on what part of the dish/nail its on. I had from 300F to 600F reading from it. Tried a good digital food grade one I use for measuring temp of the plates but its only good to 300F so when I used it on the dish it just shut down because the temp was too hot for it. Sorry man I could not get you something on the temp at the dish. But my PID temp could be the same as yours and our dish temp should be about the same. The heater cartridges and nail etc are probably close to the same so if I use 540F on my PID, you could set yours the same and the effect should be similar.

@Mcdee I did some more testing of my ideal flavor temp but it was impossible. My infrared gets such wildly different readings depending on what part of the dish/nail its on. I had from 300F to 600F reading from it. Tried a good digital food grade one I use for measuring temp of the plates but its only good to 300F so when I used it on the dish it just shut down because the temp was too hot for it. Sorry man I could not get you something on the temp at the dish. But my PID temp could be the same as yours and our dish temp should be about the same. The heater cartridges and nail etc are probably close to the same so if I use 540F on my PID, you could set yours the same and the effect should be similar.
Ya, they're all close I bet. Thanks bud I'll play around with those temps again when I press some fresh stuff.

Hey guys what's up? I've made a few small batches of fresh hash rosin and have a few ideas for you to try. If you want to make your fresh hash rosin similar to live resin without an expensive freeze drier, you can throw your hash in the fridge, during the drying process, rather then letting it reach room temp. Right after you scrape your sieve and pat dry your hash in the drying screen, throw your chunk in the freezer until its hard. Once it hardens, grate it into little flakes with a micro planer, and place it directly in the fridge to dry. A frozen micro planer will ensure your hash does not heat up during the planing process. Pizza boxes lined with parchment paper work well to freeze and refrigerate your hash in and if you want to separate it by screen size its easily labelled in the boxes. After the planed hash has dried out for 18 or so hours in the fridge its ready to be pressed into rosin. The main idea of this process is that the product does not reach room temps until its squished by the rosin press. The colder you can keep all of your equipment throughout this process, the less terps will be lost. This cooling starts by freezing or refrigerating your plant material as soon as you harvest, no dry or cure necessary. If you decide to refrigerate your fresh plant matter rather then freezing (Fresh Chilled Rosin vs. Fresh Frozen Rosin) plan to make your hash 3-5 days after harvesting/ refrigerating to avoid mold. You'll notice that your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and even 5th+ runs of hash won't turn out green like they do when you freeze your plant material prior to the ice water extraction, allowing you to pull more quantity. Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

Back