Extraction Hash rosin

McDee

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hey gang, I just did my 1st hash run and would like to turn it into rosin. I have a few question for anyone who has done this. I have 25 micron bags but do i need them for the 73 micron hash? Should I press each separate or together? I'm on a journey to make live rosin. Would like to have a better understanding by April for harvest time. Any help would be awesome.

Bump.

Might want to do a thread in the general extraction section which is the parent board that this hash/edibles sits in. That seems to be where the new posts are going now.

Bump.

Might want to do a thread in the general extraction section which is the parent board that this hash/edibles sits in. That seems to be where the new posts are going now.
I have moved to bho, but did press out the 160 and 120 together last night. I ddnt have enough to do separately lol. Little less harsh but high was good. I felt it a little more than rosin bit was a lot of work. 25 micron took forever like way longer than I thought. Bho is what I'm going for now, live resin is within my reach. I'm about flavor not being stupid high lol. Both have their place, but I had some live resin from a buddy and wow best stuff I've had to date. Not sure how much rosin I'll be making once I get setup.

I have moved to bho, but did press out the 160 and 120 together last night. I ddnt have enough to do separately lol. Little less harsh but high was good. I felt it a little more than rosin bit was a lot of work. 25 micron took forever like way longer than I thought. Bho is what I'm going for now, live resin is within my reach. I'm about flavor not being stupid high lol. Both have their place, but I had some live resin from a buddy and wow best stuff I've had to date. Not sure how much rosin I'll be making once I get setup.
I made a recent discovery on how to get really good taste from rosin. What temperature are you dabbing at?

I made a recent discovery on how to get really good taste from rosin. What temperature are you dabbing at?
Recently I've been going down then back up. Started around 500 chasing flavor, but was not getting better flavor. So I've traveled back up to 700. Enail is around 100° cooler than pid reads. Just saw an article about low temp dabs for flavor but I didnt notice much more flavor that way tho. So i went back i get better hit, i can do smaller 1s and get a hit. At low temps o had to put more rosin on to get 1 so still trying. Have you ever had live resin? INSANE bro, 1st time I had about a month ago. I was able to capture flavor like that with my gsc. I froze fresh buds and pressed. Most was shit but a little bit was awesome flavor like the plant smelled. That's what live resin is like too if you never had. I just picked up a open or closed column 45g and a vacuum chamber off Amazon for 280.00 US. I thought I needed a vacuum oven to purge, but you can use a vacuum chamber. You can get a decent 1 off Ebay or Amazon for like $100-$150. Much cheaper than I thought would be. I am on journey to make live resin and the sauce. I seem to be just stone anymore only difference is indica or sativa up or down. So more interested in flavor now I'm just as stoned either way, ALL DAY LONG lol. Love to see you in the bho section @lunarman, love to put your brain to work on some bho products!

No BHO on the radar for me at this point. I am having too much fun with rosin. And I'm afraid for burning myself up! Bet you I have some pretty high THC in me though. Someone walking by me probably gets a contact high.

I thought the enail and dish was the same temp as the PID. Thats what newvape told me so I just assumed its true. I'll have to measure the temp of my dish with my infrared.

I had my pid temp at 570F for the longest while but always ended up coughing. So I asked newvape if there was some glass I could add or replace my existing to add some cooling. He said just reduce the temp. So last night I reduced the PID to 540F and bingo. No cough. And the flavor was like 3 times better and full on tasty compared to the hotter temp. Maybe I lucked out and found a good temp that works for me. I'll let you know what the dish temp actually is.

Pid set ro 550f. Temp center of dish is only 330f

No BHO on the radar for me at this point. I am having too much fun with rosin. And I'm afraid for burning myself up! Bet you I have some pretty high THC in me though. Someone walking by me probably gets a contact high.

I thought the enail and dish was the same temp as the PID. Thats what newvape told me so I just assumed its true. I'll have to measure the temp of my dish with my infrared.

I had my pid temp at 570F for the longest while but always ended up coughing. So I asked newvape if there was some glass I could add or replace my existing to add some cooling. He said just reduce the temp. So last night I reduced the PID to 540F and bingo. No cough. And the flavor was like 3 times better and full on tasty compared to the hotter temp. Maybe I lucked out and found a good temp that works for me. I'll let you know what the dish temp actually is.
I thought the same, then saw a video talked about not going over 600°on nail if will be more harsh. Said normal temp set is low 700's but pid is higher than enail, by about 100°. Sure enough I measured and that's what i was getting to roughly. So went down and came up in small increments but never got good flavor so went back.

Pid set ro 550f. Temp center of dish is only 330f
See lol, I never thought would be off that much hahaha. I have quartz on now. Just did some hash rosin. Set to 700.

20190305_144922.jpg

20190305_144853.jpg

20190305_144918.jpg

Here that hash rosin.

20190304_225602.jpg

20190304_225607.jpg

I thought the same, then saw a video talked about not going over 600°on nail if will be more harsh. Said normal temp set is low 700's but pid is higher than enail, by about 100°. Sure enough I measured and that's what i was getting to roughly. So went down and came up in small increments but never got good flavor so went back.

Try to get the dish/nail to be 320F or so and taste it. It was a revelation for me. Really much more potent taste.

Back