Grow Mediums Heater for reservoir during winter

I believe it should stop at some point depending on how hard the water is to start. This starts getting above me I just know air stone or submersible pump with do this you just need to break surface tense on the water
For the Autopot tank I got rid of the air stone and just fill it with less water more often. Once the plants start exploding in growth, they guzzle the water so fast I don't think the water has time to stagnate. That was my only concern. Also, the added air promoted extra algae growth which clogged the filter often.

When I was collecting rainwater it always PH the same at 6.5. I was told that PH isn't as important when growing organic. To be on the safe side I would check the PH anyway. My RO water is at PH 5.5. To raise it I simply add some rainwater until I get a reading around 6.5. I suppose you can use distilled water to bring it down. I tried a bottled water experiment and found that seeds will germinate just as well in very high PH 9.5 and low PH 5.5. Even Pelligrino sparkling mineral water. Some or all of the nutrient lines require exact PH. That's just seems like a PITA for me.

It is the gas exchange of CO2

When water is aerated, it creates turbulence. The turbulence then causes the aqueous CO2 (carbon dioxide) to outgas. Outgassing of CO2 from water results in an increase in pH. Aeration is the only means of increasing pH that will not increase the Total Alkalinity.
:yeahthat:

@Lil Dab #1 answer, circle gets the square... nice job! I suppose I could have looked that up, but there is always knowledgeable folks on here that have the answer. Plus,we I'm a little lazy sometimes lol. I stopped using airstones because my R/O alone got too high. When I make teas it evens out better. I hope the wave maker simple circulates the water and is doesn’t impact the pH too much. If it does I will just have to get organic pH-. Not the end of the world either way. I try to stay with less is more when possible.
:d5:

@Lil Dab #1 answer, circle gets the square... nice job! I suppose I could have looked that up, but there is always knowledgeable folks on here that have the answer. Plus,we I'm a little lazy sometimes lol. I stopped using airstones because my R/O alone got too high. When I make teas it evens out better. I hope the wave maker simple circulates the water and is doesn’t impact the pH too much. If it does I will just have to get organic pH-. Not the end of the world either way. I try to stay with less is more when possible.
:d5:

I use wave makers in my Rez for the coco tent and have to ph daily I can get away with once a day but twice it better. I adjust down to 5.8 every night and by the next day it’s around 6.2-6.4 after a few days this settles down and it it only raises up to about 6.0 in 24hr

I ph my organic feed with regular ph down acids nitric acid during veg and phosphoric acid during flower. I don’t think that messes with the organics any :shrug:

The problem with RO is that it is very hard to measure ph accurately. It takes forever to settle out cause there is nothing in the water for it to read.

I use wave makers in my Rez for the coco tent and have to ph daily I can get away with once a day but twice it better. I adjust down to 5.8 every night and by the next day it’s around 6.2-6.4 after a few days this settles down and it it only raises up to about 6.0 in 24hr

I ph my organic feed with regular ph down acids nitric acid during veg and phosphoric acid during flower. I don’t think that messes with the organics any :shrug:

The problem with RO is that it is very hard to measure ph accurately. It takes forever to settle out cause there is nothing in the water for it to read.
Yeah, r/o takes like 30 mins to level out. I don't mind it moving, i think getting a mix of pH is good. Mine is in the 6's, I believe it goes up to upper 6's maybe 7. I'm OK with that. As long as it doesn't go over 7.5 let it ride! If I remember tonight I will pH my r/o, and retest 24 hrs later. I have to find my pH pen tho lol. I would use my non organic pH- if it was above 7.5. Only if only way tho. Like I would add new r/o 1st. That would bring it back down for a bit. So I would try that first. If it was like 8-9 then yes, immediately I would use pH-. I know it will work so it's my break glass incase of emergency lol.

:baked:

Yeah, r/o takes like 30 mins to level out. I don't mind it moving, i think getting a mix of pH is good. Mine is in the 6's, I believe it goes up to upper 6's maybe 7. I'm OK with that. As long as it doesn't go over 7.5 let it ride! If I remember tonight I will pH my r/o, and retest 24 hrs later. I have to find my pH pen tho lol. I would use my non organic pH- if it was above 7.5. Only if only way tho. Like I would add new r/o 1st. That would bring it back down for a bit. So I would try that first. If it was like 8-9 then yes, immediately I would use pH-. I know it will work so it's my break glass incase of emergency lol.

:baked:

I am talking on the meter it’s self if you stir and wait and stir and wait with the meter it will keep fluctuating and take forever to settle out to get a true accurate reading.

I am talking on the meter it’s self if you stir and wait and stir and wait with the meter it will keep fluctuating and take forever to settle out to get a true accurate reading.
I got you bud. I used to play those reindeer games, but not no more. I will spot check, or if there is an issue. Other than that when growing organically don't plan on pH'ing anymore. That was a hard concept for me to trust. Once I did tho, up was down left was right cats & dogs living together mass hysteria! It blew my mind because up till then the opposite was true. Jeremy from build a soil says as long as your water is from a clean source no need to pH. So far he has been correct.

I got you bud. I used to play those reindeer games, but not no more. I will spot check, or if there is an issue. Other than that when growing organically don't plan on pH'ing anymore. That was a hard concept for me to trust. Once I did tho, up was down left was right cats & dogs living together mass hysteria! It blew my mind because up till then the opposite was true. Jeremy from build a soil says as long as your water is from a clean source no need to pH. So far he has been correct.
sometimes I get high and second guess things like PH. Usually not the problem in my case. I do make the mistake of being halfway between organic and other.
Next round will be full organic and maybe a vermicompost tea once a week.

sometimes I get high and second guess things like PH. Usually not the problem in my case. I do make the mistake of being halfway between organic and other.
Next round will be full organic and maybe a vermicompost tea once a week.
Lots of folks do half synthetic/half organic, nothing wrong with that. If you want to do that go ahead bud it may be best of both worlds. I'm trying to stay with all organic so I half less to worry about. Mixing between the 2 is making it more difficult I think. This way not too much to overthink. Nature is far better than me so if I remove myself wherever possible they will do much better. I put my work in now. Friday I just mixed up 2 5gal bags which are currently "cooking." I got rid of the 1 bags soil. Both plants I grew in it were much smaller. I noticed that bag had a weird shine on top of the water like gas looks like in water. Kinda blue'ish looking. Rode out that grow, flushed did another grow plant was small again. So I decided to ditch it. I mixed the other 5gal bag with fresh 5gal pro mix & worm castings. I then mixed in 1lb of NLS auto into each bag. That's most of the work lol. Once I germ some bean and they come up. I will top water r/o, every few weeks will get top watering of Recharge. Then in flower I will brew GFP tea once a week, or so in flower. Training is just about all I do, which I love lol. Last 2 grows were strange because i didn't have anywhere near the mount of work to do. Normally every other day I was making a few gallons of nutrients. That to do correctly took half a day itself. It was dreadful hated doing it. Making sure pH was always correct. Now I just give them r/o water... done the autopot makes it even easier. Keeping the soil wet by hand was hard to keep up with. Now I don't even think about it. It's like cheating hahaha. And it's better cannabis than I grew with synthetic.

:pass:

Lots of folks do half synthetic/half organic, nothing wrong with that. If you want to do that go ahead bud it may be best of both worlds. I'm trying to stay with all organic so I half less to worry about. Mixing between the 2 is making it more difficult I think. This way not too much to overthink. Nature is far better than me so if I remove myself wherever possible they will do much better. I put my work in now. Friday I just mixed up 2 5gal bags which are currently "cooking." I got rid of the 1 bags soil. Both plants I grew in it were much smaller. I noticed that bag had a weird shine on top of the water like gas looks like in water. Kinda blue'ish looking. Rode out that grow, flushed did another grow plant was small again. So I decided to ditch it. I mixed the other 5gal bag with fresh 5gal pro mix & worm castings. I then mixed in 1lb of NLS auto into each bag. That's most of the work lol. Once I germ some bean and they come up. I will top water r/o, every few weeks will get top watering of Recharge. Then in flower I will brew GFP tea once a week, or so in flower. Training is just about all I do, which I love lol. Last 2 grows were strange because i didn't have anywhere near the mount of work to do. Normally every other day I was making a few gallons of nutrients. That to do correctly took half a day itself. It was dreadful hated doing it. Making sure pH was always correct. Now I just give them r/o water... done the autopot makes it even easier. Keeping the soil wet by hand was hard to keep up with. Now I don't even think about it. It's like cheating hahaha. And it's better cannabis than I grew with synthetic.

:pass:
I was watching "how to grow world record pumpkins". The man said that all the genetics are in this seed to make a 2500 lb pumpkin. All we have to do is "stay out of the way". Let nature do 99% of the work. I think I've been getting in the way.

Back