Lighting Helicopters

worrying about it will not change anything... just get on with life, enjoy what you are doing and dont worry about helicopters....

230 watts isnt going attract much attention, I am guessing that if you checked the heat leaving the tent it will be cooler than the shower. or washing machine...

:baked:

I think your growing some good paranoia weed, I use growing style lights on fish tanks and so do many people in the reeftank hobby just start googling reef tanks and if they are watching you it will throw them off the trail.

Yeah haha shame it's a tough one my head says ditch the seedlings and equipment but there is obviously something telling me I shouldn't haha such a tough decision I don't know how swift they are it's been a good few days since it happened lol

I'm Sorry @growandshow that you got a Scare....been there...know how it feels.......

But honestly...in the UK you'd be Lucky to get a helicopter up if you had been murdered....:headbang:...they are Not looking for a home grower with 5 plants....

an..if you did get caught....with 5 plants....first offence.....you'd be unlucky to get slap on the wrist .....

I Hope this makes you Breathe easier...... :pass: ..........

I'm Sorry @growandshow that you got a Scare....been there...know how it feels.......

But honestly...in the UK you'd be Lucky to get a helicopter up if you had been murdered....:headbang:...they are Not looking for a home grower with 5 plants....

an..if you did get caught....with 5 plants....first offence.....you'd be unlucky to get slap on the wrist .....

I Hope this makes you Breathe easier...... :pass: ..........
Yeah it really helps I kept them going now lol up an on haha cheers for all the input

Unless you are growing outdoors in you own yard, a helicopter can't see anything.

Unless you were right then being busted/raided, no helicopter is going to hover over your yard and make a lot of noise. As noted, flying a helicopter is very expensive with helicopters surely having much higher priority things to do. Surely, the copter was looking for an actual criminal or some type of outdoors-visible criminal activity.

If an helicopter fly on top of your house doesn't necessarily means is looking at you.
UK has some issue with police founds and seems if you look in internet that the number of helicopters used by the police are very limited.
If the helicopter fly above your house to check you ( means you are growing in a attic or shed mainly) means they will come for you very soon.

I personally guess that drones are more of an issue nowadays for obvious reasons.
But also if consider how much cost to run an helicopter for 1 hour and the extension of some areas....I guess that helicopter issues is less problematic if you are growing as you described.

Also I read somewhere that little plant under not very big lights are more difficult to detect if you insulate the space and are using some attention to exhaust, etc. As the heat is not so strong.

Not sure if this helps.

I definitely wouldnt worry about it, it costs a lot more to send a heli up to do reconnaissance, than to pull up a warrant and send a small team to your house. Also police wont be obviously monitoring your house before they make a bust. The only way they know is if you told someone, and they turned you in. Or you sell and have A LOT of traffic in and out of your flat. Enough that your neighbors say something both cases are pretty unlikely.

The heli can't see in your house, are you growing indoors? I doubt that the heli had anything to do with an indoor grow, if the cops knew about that, they would be banging on the door, not searching by air.

If you are growing outside, that is a potentially different problem, I can't advise on what to do there. Good luck with it. :pighug:

Back