HELP!! 2nd 6 pot organic auto grow- problems

Kalijah

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hi AFN. Firstly I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Kali.ive been a member for quite a while now and just love reading up on autos and especially organic growing. I'm kinda new to growing. I had a go at it years back with just a 125w cfl and a wardrobe......the plant grew, flowered.....and tasted NASTY haha. This is my second time going organic with autos. First run was 6 plants which yielded a little over 8 Oz dry. Don't think it was too bad for my first go. This time I'm running into the same sort of problems. I just don't think I'm getting something right. I'm at day day 50 and my plants are starting to yellow a little with a few odd spots around. I'm in 10l and 15l air pots with light mix, castings, perlite and some guanokalong bat poo mixed in. I'm using guanokalong grow bloom and taste improver with equilibrium cal mag and maxicrop seaweed extract. I've been feeding at half the recommended strengths but just can't seem to get it right. My tap water has a really high ph could this be a problem. Oh and I'm under a mars reflector 192 led. ANY help or advice is much appreciated. Any more info you need let me know.

Peace

Kali

Attachments

• 20170106_171331.jpg
    20170106_171331.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 20170106_171335.jpg
    20170106_171335.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 121
hey man, did you mix lime in with that soil at all? or just used the existing lime already there? also is that natural or flash lighting? I have had a few look like that with a depleted soil. but exactly what Its lacking I couldnt tell you. sorry. but without lime and guano feeds(even half strength) will lower it as it builds and used up the existing lime or buffering capacity of said soil. light mix or most any bought today ready to go soil. but that could potentially lead to issues like this. so it might be wise to look into apple vinegar ,baking soda and the like for adjusting or lightly swinging it to near where you need. that'll help some. earth juice PH is decently friendly right off. well I used it a few times without issue anyways :) but thats all I can do atm. hope that helps. and maybe some flash lighting pictures and/or natural lighting pics. :) thx

Hey man thank you so much for your reply much appreciated mate. No I didn't mix lime in with the soil at all. I did realise after I potted up that I should have done really. The lighting is just the led with a cfl near it. I will take one out and get some pics. Earth juice ph, I've tried looking for a few earth juice products in the UK and they seem pretty hard to come by. So would you suggest the my ph of the soil is out. Thanks again

Attachments

• 20170107_204645.jpg
    20170107_204645.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 20170107_204624.jpg
    20170107_204624.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 96
well ideally if you have a PH meter(liquid PH meter and/or Accurate 8 soil PH meter) are the two you want. but add some apple cider vinegar for down I think and up is Baking soda and something else. my MS and memory sometimes is really annoying. but those should work. you can check your run off but an accurate 8 is one of thee better ways to find a soil PH usually. a good overall top coating would help WITH lime added as wel kept moist it'll start working in about a week. so you have a few ways of attack there to be honest and in all honesty Im not a PH guy overall. Ive have had some issue but long ago and it was a hot soil so spotted leaves tend to tell me that its a lack and a PH swing. which way I couldnt say. I always ask @Waira when Im dealing with stuff like that cuz Im not a PH guy. but those are the two or three ways to try and get it up to snuff. PH the water with a liquid meter and swing it closer to the middle 6.5 or so a time or three and a top coating added with lime and a wee touch of flower foods would also do nicely.

there are a few people who grow organic in the UK and the like.dont know what they use @Dazed is one to ask if he's around too. but there are others that may be able to help with PH and adjusting. its usually about preperation with me mate. and organic living soil you usually have to consider the buffering capacity of soils and life. just add a cup of lime to that bag of soil and the extra materials you used. 20 gallons almost go for a cup extra f sweet lime or garden lime. if you have garden lime and no soil you could also turn the lime pellets or powder(avoiding the stalk by a cpl inches,several cm's) into the top coating of the soil if you have no soil as a top coating. or split it between both. the existing soil and a lil bit in the actualy add top coating and PH the water a time or three and it'll help. and again the top coating will need some flower granules or even a hit with a mild mild chem solution if your so inclined. I hate that way personally but it doe work but PH is an issue so caution is key. :D

Thanks again mate.
I have a essentials liquid ph meter which is pretty damn good but have no accurate 8 soil meter atm. I will purchase one right away. I've also been using canna organic ph down as my water is very hard where I am. Haven't needed to use any ph up with my feeds as of yet. My water is left uncovered for 24_48 hours each time.
Yer I've checked my run off a couple of times and it's around 7 -7.2 sometimes.
I think I'm best off getting the accurate 8 and going from there would you say.

I've been looking to get the kind soil but it's so hard to get over here.
I'm going to order the accurate 8 and some lime right now. I mean there is around 3-5 weeks left on these girls I think. Hopefully I can fine tune my soil before my next run.

We live a learn I suppose and I'm definitely learning they hard way this time lol one thing I know though is that I definitely don't want to hit the chemical route or even turn to coco or hydro. I'm a mother nature kinda guy haha

How much lime would you suggest added to a full bag of light mix for my next run.?

Thanks again @Eyes on Fire . Legend

I cannot find an accurate 8 anywhere on the net in the UK. Only other this is a blue lab ph pen but that's over 100 quid!!!
Damn

yeah man they aint cheap. the accurate 8 is 60 bucks roughly. the blue labs,when I wantg to buy one thats exactly the one I want. its a wall mount system but I dont even own a working PH meter currently LOL!

but with the lime I would add(not incredibly familiar with the bio biz lite mix) but a good amount for a 1.5 Cubic foot bag is right about a cup or equal to a cup or sweet lime powder(dolomite lime) or garden pellet lime which is very easy to get and less dust. a combo is best imho. but either will be fine. 1 cup total per bag. and if your water is good you should not have to PH a thing. but I have PH upwards of 8's here and I havent PH;d a single drop in longer than I can remember to be honest. and DO NOT buy the kind soil. or atleast until I hear he has fixed current issue with said soil. if you can get it look at tlosoils.com excellent pack of 5LBs of build a soil stuff. 15 USD free shipping. international you might have to pay for but its a goo recipe. but in your areas its tough to find single components but look at the building a healthy soil thread posts and first page large one,mid way through, it will tell you how to break down the rev.s 2.1 mix for simplistic builds. have issues hit me up. :)

yeah man they aint cheap. the accurate 8 is 60 bucks roughly. the blue labs,when I wantg to buy one thats exactly the one I want. its a wall mount system but I dont even own a working PH meter currently LOL!

but with the lime I would add(not incredibly familiar with the bio biz lite mix) but a good amount for a 1.5 Cubic foot bag is right about a cup or equal to a cup or sweet lime powder(dolomite lime) or garden pellet lime which is very easy to get and less dust. a combo is best imho. but either will be fine. 1 cup total per bag. and if your water is good you should not have to PH a thing. but I have PH upwards of 8's here and I havent PH;d a single drop in longer than I can remember to be honest. and DO NOT buy the kind soil. or atleast until I hear he has fixed current issue with said soil. if you can get it look at tlosoils.com excellent pack of 5LBs of build a soil stuff. 15 USD free shipping. international you might have to pay for but its a goo recipe. but in your areas its tough to find single components but look at the building a healthy soil thread posts and first page large one,mid way through, it will tell you how to break down the rev.s 2.1 mix for simplistic builds. have issues hit me up. :)

Thanks again for the reply my friend.

I think I'll have to get the ph pen instead of the accurate 8 unless I can get my family in the USA to send me one over lol

So atm am I just best letting them run their course over the next couple of weeks or should I try and correct what's wrong atm.i mean they don't look like they are dying.......not yet anyway haha.

Great minds think alike.....I have literally just got around half way through the TLO for dummies page. Only thing is it seems like I can't get any of the guanos here in the UK except the guanokalong. Can't find the sunleaves brand or any close to that here.

Tlosoils.com is putting together a new site atm so can't access it. I would love to try and get some together for my run after my next one as it won't be ready in time for my next in about a month.

On the dolomite lime I can get that pretty easy here so I could add that to my 2 remaining bags of biobizz I suppose.....then add my worm castings myco and guano. My tap water ph is around 7.9-8.1.

Thanks again dude

Back