HELP!! First Grow - 3 Bears OG Autoflower - Mephisto Genetics - Overwatered? Nute Burn?

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! New to the growing world and running into my first set of issues. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated!!

I have 2 plants going, one is about a week ahead of the other. Plant really took off after germination, growing super bushy and full, with dark green, large leaves. Started feeding with 1/4 recommended dosage of nutes (about 850ppm) at day 8, and watered until about 20% runoff with tap water that I let sit out for a few days and ph to 5.8. Began LST on the older plant and manipulated main stem around day 12 (too soon?) to expose lower new growth and started to tuck the larger, lower leaves. I continued to water with nutes to runoff pretty much everyday until a few days ago when the leaves started to turn upwards and appear droopy. At that point, I removed the tie down on the main stem, thinking it might be a reaction to the training. Also a few rusty tips on the leaves, and a few leaves on the lower part are looking bad with significant curling and droopiness. The plant on Day 13 is showing some discoloration on the tips as well and slight droopiness. I'm assuming this is simply from overwatering or nute burn, but would like some confirmation or suggestions, as I'm totally new to this.

Thanks!!

Problem: Overwatering? Possible Nute Burn?

Medium/grow method: Fox Farm Cultivation Nation - 70/30 Coco and Perlite

Feed: and supplements used: General Hydroponics Flora Series and CaliMagic; PHup and PHdown

water source: Dechlorinated tap H2O (allow to sit out) ph at 5.8 at watering

PH in the root zone: 5.9 per last runoff

Strain/age: 3 Bears OG - Mephisto Day 19 and Day 13

light used: (2) HydroCrunch 600W (240w actual I think??) LED about 30 inches from top of pot in 4'x4'x6.5' Grow Tent; 24/7 Light cycle

Climate: Avg RH 75% Avg Temp 78F (3 fans and 1 humidifier; 1 exhaust fan and filter)

Additional info: 5 gal fabric pot - Germinated directly in final pot.

Attachments

• Day 19 Ugly Leave.jpg
    Day 19 Ugly Leave.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Day 19 a.jpg
    Day 19 a.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Day 12.jpg
    Day 12.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
It's almost impossible to over water coco.. Especially coco with 30% perlite added. The plants look stressed and actually under watered.. How much water do you use to water them? The stress could be caused by the lst, or even then environment. 75% rh is really high.. It should be more in the 60% range.. Either issue could be causing what you are seeing.

Thanks Proph! I appreciate the feedback. I read the same thing, that it's impossible to overwater coco. I've been feeding to about 20% runoff, which is about 1.5-2gal of water. Is that normal? I'll try lowering the rh and see if they respond. Thanks again!

Back