Indoor Help with soil...(And pick my next strain!!!)

Reaction score
Hey folks! I'm not totally new to autos, but haven't been as successful as some of the results I've been seeing here. I definitely wanna maximize my potential. Just finishing a cycle now with Blue Amnesia XL, Fruit, & Kush n Cheese. I used Fox Farm Ocean Forest with no nutes. Just water and some HiBrix. My lighting currently is a DIY CFL setup.

My local grow shop recommended another type of Fox Farm called "Strawberry Fields" stating that this soil is supposed to be geared towards blooming and that nutes weren't necessary. Has anyone here used this brand with any success? Let me know please if you have with some details.

I'm pretty much sticking to soil growing for now but I'm open to ANY & ALL suggestions. I know i could use a bump in my lighting so I really need suggestions on soil and nutrients preferably using the Fox Farm Strawberry Fields.

The strains I have on hand are...
Auto Seeds: Candy Kush, Chemdog, & Polar Express
Dinafem: Sour Diesel
Paradise Seeds: Wappa, White Berry, & Vertigo
Sweet Seeds: Dark Devil

PLEASE HELP!!! and Happy Choosing!!!

Have you considered maybe grabbing a bag of both & mixing them? Maybe bottom half be strawberry fields since the roots will be further down the pot when bloom time comes around & have the Ffof on the top?

I'll vote for candy Kush & Sour Diesel... Doesn't seem as if folks on here like to play the pick my strain game lol... I posted something similar earlier & didn't get any replies either...

That's a great idea!!! I'm definitely gonna try it! I didn't get any responses so I went with...............Candy Kush & Sour Deisel!!! You had to be looking in my window!

Have you considered maybe grabbing a bag of both & mixing them? Maybe bottom half be strawberry fields since the roots will be further down the pot when bloom time comes around & have the Ffof on the top?

I'll vote for candy Kush & Sour Diesel... Doesn't seem as if folks on here like to play the pick my strain game lol... I posted something similar earlier & didn't get any replies either...
That's a great idea!!! I'm definitely gonna try it! I didn't get any responses so I went with...............Candy Kush & Sour Deisel!!! You had to be looking in my window!

Chem dog for sure

I'm pretty sure Ocean Forrest will need more than just water after about 3- 4 weeks.. I use OF with just water for the first few weeks.. Then I feed the SOIL and let that feed the PLANT. Aact tea, a little recharge and malibu compost ect.. Going "water only" for the entire grow, will take more than just OF. You will need to feed the soil.. The only water only grows that I've done and that I know of, are done in living soils. I've never heard of Strawberry Fields but after reading their product info, it seems to only be for flowering.. Not the entire grow. So it sounds like SF is what you would transplant into prior to flower (with photo periods). I wouldn't risk using it from start to finish with autos. Maybe layer it like you would super soil.. Meaning the bottom half or third of the pot would be the SF and the top half or two thirds, OF..

Back